X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DONE] Just an Idea (Donate)

This may sound dumb but how about making a way your members could donate if they wish not like forcing them to pay you but to actually choose to donate if they wish umm...if your interested I used to own a server before we ran out of money ours was a Touhou one as well it was made by some students in our school and well I disappointed them by shutting it down the reason I mention that is I own a licensed copy of Buycraft a money accepting plugin for Minecraft so people can donate to your server and stuff just let me know what you think I just thought it was an idea....because I know if you pay for a server it is expensive and if you own a server bandwidth is expensive so I would love to donate my copy of Buycraft to you if you accept my idea..

Links : Buycraft Video
    Example Store [Note the packages I have not changed and if you accept I will delete and change it to your request]

I hope you like my idea....

I actually used BuyCraft on my last server, but the problem is that I don't really want to add in any in-game perks for purchasing. Reminds me too much of pay-to-win MMOs (that I've fallen victim to... my wallet orz) But at the same time, I'm not sure if any substantial donation would come out of a "donate because you're nice" sort of system. The other problem is that a majority of our userbase are minors and/or don't have a method of donating/cannot donate. I only have a paypal readily available and again, not everyone has a paypal either. (Unless they want to pay the fees of donating via credit card, though only several people on the server are even old enough to have one)

I might throw a paypal donate button on the forums somewhere should anyone feel kind enough, but I'm not sure if there would be any real merit to have buycraft as an in-game perk system.

Also, I sort of feel bad for taking money from you guys ^^;

Comment

Eh!? this is news to me i thought running a multiplexer server was free ^^; I would donate if i could buti only get money on my birthday. Remind me to give you some on May 13th hehehe

Comment

Well any donate button is fine I usually donate to sites and servers i don't want to go away so if you added a button that would be fine too I just would hate to see this wonderful server disappear one day ;~; </3

Comment

xD Well, Alex(the co-admin who never gets on) and I are like ~$600 in debt right now so I suppose it would help.

I'll probably add a donation button onto the forums tonight.

Comment

I would probably quit YukkuriCraft if it resorts to giving exclusive perks or attributes to anyone just for forking over money. That always ends up badly and I don't want it to happen. If anything, leave a paypal donation option somewhere on the site. (as Remi has stated.) No attributes or special conditions will be given to those who donate because they are doing it at their own free will, and expecting anything out of it completely annihilates the point of donating. Maybe a forum title/color, but nothing more.

In the long run, there's nothing wrong with wanting to donate and there's nothing wrong with accepting donations from those who are sure they want to do it.

Edit: Sorry if this post seems aggressive/rude, I didn't mean it to come out like that.
            Last edited by Keychain; 03-08-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

No see I don't think my point came across well either I wouldn't want perks for donating I just want to be able too see buycraft is an in game option that you don't need to give perks with I am just trying to have an option a button on the site is perfect I don't need a colour or anything I just want to support you guys is all V.V I didn't mean to sound greedy at all if that is what I came across as....

PS: Also as an idea instead of the paypal button this I find would be perfect reimu_donation.jpg
              Last edited by LunaSkylark; 03-08-2013, 03:26 PM. Reason: didn't want to double post

Comment

Taking your advice, I've now added a donate button under the navbar of the forums. Do note that you do not get any perks whatsoever, other than the knowledge that you're helping two poor students pay off on keeping the server running and a shitton of gratitude, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                  Taking your advice, I've now added a donate button under the navbar of the forums. Do note that you do not get any perks whatsoever, other than the knowledge that you're helping two poor students pay off on keeping the server running and a shitton of gratitude, lol.
                  Thanks for approving my suggestion I am happy that it got taken seriously =^_^=

Comment

I'll gladly donate some bitcoins. You have to find your own way to exchange them though.

Comment

I might have a plugin for bitcoins, actually... I'll look into it.

Comment

Working...
                      X