Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do you guys think of multiple channels in-game?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what do you guys think of multiple channels in-game?

As some may have noticed, the server's been getting pretty big at times. As a result, the chat in-game gets pretty cluttered too.

I'm thinking of introducing several new "mini rooms" into the chat in-game which can be access via commands like "/chat 1" or "/chat room1" or the like. What do you guys think?

Current chat commands like /chat rp and /chat g will still work perfectly fine.

I find this as a great way to prevent chats from being very cluttered. although, this must be shown directly on the chat as an announcement to make the new players be aware instead of seeing 40 players and it looks relatively quiet.

Comment

Default would still be normal chat and every time you rejoin, you'd end up there. I'd still have an announcement though, obviously.

Comment

Maybe an announcement that says something like
        Room 1 [2/10]
        Room 2 [3/10]
        Room 3 [0/10]
        Room 4 [12/10]

?
        My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
        Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

That'd be a bit more difficult to work out... unless you want code a add-on onto herochat :3

Comment

Yes, I support this. This allows some privacy and prevents the chat from looking so cluttered.

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
              That'd be a bit more difficult to work out... unless you want code a add-on onto herochat :3
              I'm up for it if you want it.
              freelance programming ftw.
              My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
              Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Actually? I may ask of it from you, then :P

Comment

I dont know how/how many of us like to RP, but multiple rooms would deffinately help with the facillitation of such endevors.

Depending on how difficult it is, Perhaps you could set the chat to Check for a Prefix, and give it a funky color if spoken through the prefix. I don't know exactly how Minecraft chat works, nor do I know anything about coding, but I envision it something like.

/Setchat "+"

Now that person will hear/see everything in that room with...uh...Pink lettering. To speak into the room, One would simply type "+" before anything they say (E.g: + Guybrush: Im talking!)

Aside from annocements and other important notes, that room would be isolated and free of excess clutter. To return to normal chat, you'd have some other little thingy like "Setchat Default" Or some such. The key to the system is that the Chat is set to anything with the designated prefix, which could be anything within the " ". Maybe several people are on and I don't think Chat + will be open, so to be safe, I got my own unlikely code "-*^", which checks all things that don't bypass the filter (Annocements and such) for the -*^. If it does not have -*^ in front of it, it will be filtered from my veiw. If it does, it will appear In Pink (Or maybe a different color) in my chatbox.

Like I say, I don't know much about the degree of freedom we have over it, but I think basic programs have a way to code a "Check Varriable "___" " "and/if (Yes/No)" "Display (If Yes)" thing like im talking about.
                  I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

there's actually already an rp chat accessible with /chat rp :P

With the chat system we have right now, you can be in multiple "channels", though you can only speak in one of them at a time. In order to send a single message to another chat, though we only have RP and global chat right now, you would type /shoutat global <msg> or the like. More information in the RP Chat Information Thread

Comment

Only thing I see currently wrong is that people aren't generally aware (or care I don't really know which) about using the proper channel. The recent RPing is an good example of this as you have said Remi, we already have a channel for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X