X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing and mob problems

So today (3/12/13) the server has been repeatedly crashing, usually before the crashes happen the server starts to lag horribly. This happens roughly every 30 minutes or so.

Also then there is the hostile mobs, there are too many of them and it makes doing things in survival almost impossible. I had to quit farming as the mobs spawning and spiders falling off my house roof were trampling the farm pretty fast. My house is fully lit and has windows yet there are moments where there are at least four endermen in my house at a time and I have problems with zombies and skeletons spawning inside during the day time and there is always at least two hostile mobs that spawn inside at night. Going outside is suicide since you will usually encounter at least six or so of each hostile mob coming at you in all directions.

I think that the over population of hostile mobs might also be the reason the server is lagging up and crashing a lot today.

The crashing is quite odd. Before, it was every 5 hours, not it's going A LOT quicker than before. The mobs thing is new though, but it may because of a bug or something because when I was using my minimap, the area was a lot darker but it was normal on the game screen. So when I went to inspect the area, it got fixed. ElemethSigma, if you see a strange quantity of mobs spawning, just walk around the chunk area, maybe that will fix it. If not, please make your farms underground to prevent the mobs from "griefing" you.

Comment

The mobs things can be partially explained by small change in one of the plugins Remi made in response to passive mobs despawning in people's farms. The crashing is still being looked into. At the moment, out best bet is to wait for the Minecraft 1.5 update as I was told we would be doing a lot of fresh changes in the server plugin. As for now, just hang in there and prevent going out at night. Farm damage can be prevented by added a roof to your farm and fencing it up.

Comment

Working...
      X