X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Hardcore More "Hardcore"

So something I've had a lot of people tell me and I agree with, is that hardcore... isn't exactly hardcore right now. As a solution, I offer This Plugin and ask if it sounds interesting.

All "features" are configurable, but some of the interesting ones:

You can't mine "stone" very easily, forcing players to either use TNT(which is more powerful) for mining, or to search for caves for mining. This forces more exploration and less "dig down, dig down, dig dig dig, diamond, dig dig dig, diamond, go back up stairs, rinse repeat" sort of thing, which I feel gets too repetitive and becomes too easy after the first few days.

"Loose" blocks, like dirt or "loosely packed cobble/stone" can "crumble" and cause cave-ins, potentially suffocating you. I find this cool as it adds yet another mechanic to cave exploration, something I enjoy but feel a lot of others don't utilize much.

You can't shoot skeletons. They're full of bones! Your arrows go through them :P

You can't "pick up" water source blocks with buckets. You can only get source blocks through melting ice, making ice and silk touch actually useful and less of a "nice idea but not really useful" sort of thing.

In conjunction with above, you can't build farms just anywhere for the most part, but also you need NATURAL SUNLIGHT for farms. This really forces you to think about crop placement as well as where you set up your home.

When creepers are lit on fire, they fly up and explode with fireworks xD

But yeah, those were probably some of the best highlights I found of this plugin. Again, all features are toggleable and there are a few I plan on disabling already (I don't think the nether needs 9999 aggressive pigmen chasing you the second you step foot in there ^^ but what do you guys think of the plugin in general?

I find the "can't pick up water" kind of more pissing off than really interesting... I mean, not shooting skeletons because they're already kind of empty, the farms needing natural light and all, stone being very hard to mine ; it has kind of logical reasons, but the ice with the silk touch is just not justified x3

Comment

Fair enough. And that's why I make threads about these plugins before adding them :P

I'm open to other suggestions/agree/disagrees/etc

Comment

We need "Ultimate Hardcore Mode" where blocks only have a 50% chance of dropping when you destroy them, all mobs are hostile can one hit kill you (even chickens and cows), mobs spawn in daylight and lit areas, lava explodes when it touches water. When you die you're perma-banned from the server, the game then installs a virus which deletes your Win32, BIOS, sets your HD and graphics card on fire and sends your name and address information to countless hitmen and assassins. :P

Comment

Originally posted by ElemethSigma View Post
          We need "Ultimate Hardcore Mode" where blocks only have a 50% chance of dropping when you destroy them, all mobs are hostile can one hit kill you (even chickens and cows), mobs spawn in daylight and lit areas, lava explodes when it touches water. When you die you're perma-banned from the server, the game then installs a virus which deletes your Win32, BIOS, sets your HD and graphics card on fire and sends your name and address information to countless hitmen and assassins. :P
          That was a joke right ^^; .......right....... REMI DON'T DO IT!!!

Comment

This isn't a challenge, this is torture! Too Hardcore for me! If this is implemented, I fear I'm going to stay in regular survival with everybody else.

Comment

Well again, I'm asking for specifics since I don't know which features I'm going to enable and disable. Those that I posted in the thread are only the highlights. There are like 30 different features that I can toggle.

Comment

We should call it YukkuriCraft Survival: Lunatic Mode.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redleaf64 View Post
                  We should call it YukkuriCraft Survival: Lunatic Mode.
                  I agree with the latter.

Comment

If this is Lunatic, then is Phantasm adventure mode + death=autoban?
                    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

could be fun, i would certainly try it even though it prevents me from using any of my normal tactics:
                      dig a hole, make a tree+food farm as low as possible and create a new (personal) dwarven kingdom :P
                      "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Comment

That's why I liked the idea. It forces players to adapt and change their usual gameplay style. I just feel most veteran players have this "routine" when starting out and it's too easy to really get settled in and play.

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                          That's why I liked the idea. It forces players to adapt and change their usual gameplay style. I just feel most veteran players have this "routine" when starting out and it's too easy to really get settled in and play.
                          Make a survival world of Gensokyo and drop players in Makai!!! Hueheuheuheuheue
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

I think adventure mode would be better for that Wriggle.

in hardcore mode i'd still like to build my own things, lunatic-hardcore or not :P
                            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Comment

I say I'd be one for it on the condition respawn time isn't limited to an hour, but instant, figure if it'll be this challenging may as well make it bearable, but I love the thoughts of it.
                              Stance still like the world on pause
                              Eased breath of a wind pre-storm
                              Firm grasp, let the blade conform
                              Manifest thy will, transform
                              Become sword unsheathed, cut raw
                              Become myth turned life, real lore
                              Meet the rage on the field of war
                              But never drink of the blood that pours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amBYjM5n5Nc

Comment

Working...
                              X