X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return to Quiz Area for Yukkuri Ranks

Because of the recent members who may still be Yukkuris and because of the fact that there are times where they can potentially bypass the quiz or not complete it, I think it's a good idea to give them a special warp that allows them to return to the quiz area. This would prevent them from getting frustrated with the server, as first impressions are everything. In fact, while on the subject, perhaps the quiz area could use a bit more work. I've been hearing how the doors close too quickly and how the buttons aren't working as well as designed.

Originally posted by Major Mario View Post
    Because of the recent members who may still be Yukkuris and because of the fact that there are times where they can potentially bypass the quiz or not complete it, I think it's a good idea to give them a special warp that allows them to return to the quiz area. This would prevent them from getting frustrated with the server, as first impressions are everything. In fact, while on the subject, perhaps the quiz area could use a bit more work. I've been hearing how the doors close too quickly and how the buttons aren't working as well as designed.
    Well regarding the first part as I said before, the simpler solution would be to simply contact someone from the mod team or Remi himself. Though I believe that, given the current warp plugin it may very well be possible to set up a such a warp while still making it restricted access so that Childs, Adults, etc can't get into. This is just speculation however and may be completely wrong.

With that said, I agree that the rule room could use a work over. As it stands it feels like it is simply scratching the surface with rules, but is otherwise largely lacking in terms of information the average person (in addition to the rules) needs to know, such as: warping, building, and chatting. When you really think about it, there is quite a degree of information that the average Yukkuricraft player should ideally know from the get-go, but often times ends up learning it in a slow, per experience basis. Of course there is always someone on who knows all this and is fully capable of explaining it to someone should they need help true; but it would seem prudent to get to the root of the problem before it actually becomes a problem. As for the doors and whatnot, that's simply a matter of redoing redstone slightly and the limitations of Commands Blocks. Hell, I'd offer to redo it myself though I think this would be more of a job for either Remi and/or the mod team (as it's their designations).

Comment

The pronlem being from experience 98% of people won't read any more signa than they have to. Also, the place is cluttered as-is so adding signs will need some actual work. Also, i'm sort of not home for another 3-4 hours soooooooo ask one of the mods to do it. Just tell them to do /set warpname typepen

Comment

My only complaint would be the doors. Learning how to warp, build, call/bring people, and chat is easy enough, and if anyone's really struggling with that or we get a large number of new players we could have those things announced in the server text as needed.
        The way these youkai are swarming, one might think we weren't welcome!

Comment

You know... we can just prevent them from escaping the Yukkuri area.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

The quiz area doors closing to quickly can be solved using flipflops (simple set reset ones) where the set would be the correct button, the reset would be the other buttons and a device behind the door. (tripwire or something, all should be ok as long as it cannot open the door from the 'wrong' side)
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X