Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 1st Annual Yukkuricraft Build-off Festival!

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1st Annual Yukkuricraft Build-off Festival!

We see up to 40 players online on server at peak, and at least 20 online (average) in the other times. But what I have noticed is a lack of "things" we could do as a server other than Project Gensokyo, which is almost already in its' final stage. (I believe)

So comes the idea of Build-off Festival.

Let's pick a date. Since many people online is high schooler and they have AP Tests, Finals, whatever, let's choose somewhere in June. During that day, we have a temporary warp set up in an empty area in creative flats, and we have a collaborative build together.

What can this build be about? I don't know, I don't care. Even though I am very anti-social when it comes to building, the absence of cooperation in the Creative side of the server suggests that we need some collab projects to supplement our current Gensokyo project. As long as people are getting together and pitching in a bit of time for a project, it would be a worthwhile "something" to do, for players that have their existing project, and for players who has nothing else to do but socialize. (Not pointing out that socializing is bad, of course. Just saying, why not do something productive while socializing?)

Just an idea I thought while RPing. Seeing people cooperate in RP section of the forum made me want to try something similar in the Creative Flat.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Annually, why not Seasonally? For the upcoming season we should have a Japanese Castle build; whoever builds the most impressive Japanese castle wins. Each team is given a week to complete the project. Each Builder will be a team captain while the Tengu Mods ref the whole thing. Remi will be the ultimate judge, but he won't be allowed to see any of the projects until time's up. The winners will receive a full set of enchanted iron armor, weapons, and tools for survival, while everyone else gets chain mail armor in survival for participating.
    The way these youkai are swarming, one might think we weren't welcome!

Comment

Another possibility for a build-off is that it should not pertain to a particular theme, but rather to a size limitation. For example, a 50x50x50 box and the goal is to build the most creative and impressive thing within it under a certain time limit.

Comment

Yeah these are all good ideas :3 I said annually cuz I just wanted to emphasize that it'll be a good idea to continue it.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Sounds fun.

Just as a side note, last i heard we have lot's of things to do for Gensokyo.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Lol you don't even understand how incomplete Gensokyo is

Comment

This does sound pretty fun! And maybe if there's a big build needed to be built for Gensokyo, we can just have everyone do their own version (probably with a team) and the one that wins makes it into Gensokyo...
              "Haikus are easy
              But they don't always make sense
              Refrigerator"
              -Some shirt

Comment

That's actually how it's currently working :P jrh, bebatch, and topio have all controbuted greatly, for example

Comment

I would really like it if the build-off topic was something other than Gensokyo, but like other games. For example, make a palace for yourself if you were a Jarl of Whiterun.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Even though I love the idea of build offs. I myself don't partake in them due to my really poor building skills (I'm not good at building anything. It usually takes me a good week or so to finish a freaking halfway decent looking medium sized home in Minecraft.) I do like the idea of a build off though.

Comment

Working...
                    X