X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: Survival Waypoints

Some major waypoints (esp. for survival mode) can be really helpful for newer players like myself.

Most interesting waypoints would be i.e. Yuuka´s mansion, City Centers/Shrines, major construction sites.

If someone could make a list anyone could look them up and is not doomed to strive through the wilderness, but can search targeted for some buildings.

Edit: Those are most likely only for those useful using reis minimap
    Last edited by Durngun; 07-01-2013, 08:25 AM.

I was going to say, there is no sever side plugin I know of that does that, most of us use rei or voxel minimap

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Survival mode in the server is the easiest, most forgiving mode I've seen so far. Almost everyone on the server is willing to help one get a foothold by allowing them a place to stay or giving them free items. Really, it should be called SurThrival.

Onto your request... While it is a nice thought to go sightseeing in Survival, that's not what the mode was built for. I'm being paranoid here with you. Allowing anyone to just instantly warp to a survival location or find it without effort would be... potentially dangerous. Trouble can arise if the visitor is a griefer or PVP nutcase. Wandering the wilderness and finding unused buildings and whole towns via exploration is a nice surprise! And yes, one could just use Rei's Minimap for all of this.

Comment

Isn't this what the teleport system in threw spawn building is supposed to be used for?
        As I know no one have ever used that system so there really isn't any repairers there at all.
        There is also the teleporters to the contest cities already.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

The teleport system is broken and there is no reason to bring it back up. It makes survival too easy. Also for the sake of this thread, waypoints =/= teleport

"Oh No! I'm going to loose all of my fake money! -DariruKuro

Comment

Since I´m relatively new to the server I don´t know about most of the stuff, but since I witnessed the "farm-fest" today where everyone farmed raw chicken and wool to trade with the villagers for Emeralds I wanted to contribute to that, but since I have no idea where what is I couldn´t find a mentioned shrine, nor the Yuukas mansion itself, and since most of them were busy fishing or shearing no one gave me a useable reply ._.

I know shrines are made for donations, but the only one I´ve seen so far (I guess the one from Tewi) has a donation box stuffed with bones and such, and I barely saw any players nearby which led me to the conclusion that they must have been working in another city/not in my proximity

I do realize survival is made for (as the term depicts) surviving, but it´s so hard to orientate oneself in there when you just recently joined the server. Furthermore I see your point in being paranoid, since it´s weird to ask for such a thing shortly after joining the server and excuse myself for this bold action.

Comment

Originally posted by Durngun View Post
              but since I have no idea where what is I couldn´t find a mentioned shrine, nor the Yuukas mansion itself
              If you can't find it, ask people if you can warp to them.
              If they don't reply, keep asking, they'll notice you. =P
              And if you have to go to Yuuka's Mansion (in survival), just ask me (I'm almost always there).
              Last edited by 99465; 07-01-2013, 02:03 PM.
              Originally posted by Mogeko
              Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
              Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
              Praise be to prosciutto.
              ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
              Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Originally posted by Shimitty View Post
                The teleport system is broken and there is no reason to bring it back up. It makes survival too easy. Also for the sake of this thread, waypoints =/= teleport
                Why not remove it completely then?
                No reason to just have it standing there then.
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                someone is fighting for you.
                –As long as you remember her,
                you are not alone.

Comment

I'll remove(eg bar off) the warp thing at spawn.

I'm actually not too well acquainted with the survival map myself as I don't actually play on it, but I would echo the others in that basically everyone on the survival map loves helping people out so asking for help, albeit maybe when they're not as busy, will generally elicit a response most likely being helpful.

As for the waypoints/teleports, again echoing past responses, waypoints are a client-side thing and teleports won't be implemented simply because of security reasons. You can ask any player for a teleport however if they're at any major locations. You can also set homes and invite people to them if you want to give them unrestricted access. You can ask for a teleport with "/call" and if anyone "calls" you, you can accept it with "/bring". (It's a request-based teleportation system :P)

Comment

On that note there is a small info board at /warp wild that shows some info on where some teleport points are. Yuuka's mansion does not have one though, and I do recall Yuuka herself not yet being interested to have one implemented.

Comment

Working...
                    X