X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touhou may be coming to the West

On March 8, during the BitSummit 2014 indie game event held in Kyoto, ZUN spoke in a roundtable talk titled “Is It Possible to Spread Our Indie Games to the World?” Fittingly for the title of the talk, he announced his intention to publish Touhou overseas in download form.

“I’ve come here to say this. In the end, even I will have to sell my games to the world. I, too, want to make friends with the world.”

“Instead of putting all my games on sale, I will test it starting by selling some new game overseas.”

ZUN said he intends to first sell his new game as a downloadable version overseas, and then eventually expand to all the old games. Judging by the language he used, these are still only ideas he’s playing with, without any concrete plan. Nonetheless, this is the news we are all waiting for.

2014 will definitely be an interesting year for the Touhou fandom
    https://www.shrinemaiden.org/2014/03...uhou-overseas/

I've not heard of this so I figured I'd share it here incase anyone else hasn't seen it.

I have a strong feeling that this is connected to that image ZUN posted of an English Touhou config window
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

Ooo goodie. No more of those illegal downloads.

Comment

Kind of heavily implied with that config pic he posted a while ago but regardless, mixed feelings about touhou officially coming to the west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know how to feel about this news... I feel like saying "PLEASE YES!" just like saying "please no..."
          I would gladly buy all games but i don't wanna read some game reviewer or website that speak ill of Touhou because of the art or the difficulty.

...mixed feelings

Comment

Originally posted by Im_the_strongest View Post
            I don't know how to feel about this news... I feel like saying "PLEASE YES!" just like saying "please no..."
            I would gladly buy all games but i don't wanna read some game reviewer or website that speak ill of Touhou because of the art or the difficulty.

...mixed feelings
            No matter what you do, someone, somewhere is going to hate you for it.

Nothing is perfect, which is why there will always be a 1% of different opinions as a minimum. Not every person can share the exact same opinion on something.

So, if it does go down like that, the Touhou fan community can do the exact same thing it's done to every other hater that has grazed us.

Turn it into our own joke.
            w-what is this autism aura??
            if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
            our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

I actually will laugh when they criticize the sacred relic known as the ZUNart.
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_3p1c_G4m3r View Post
                No matter what you do, someone, somewhere is going to hate you for it.

Nothing is perfect, which is why there will always be a 1% of different opinions as a minimum. Not every person can share the exact same opinion on something.

So, if it does go down like that, the Touhou fan community can do the exact same thing it's done to every other hater that has grazed us.

Turn it into our own joke.
                That makes me feel better.
                ...even though i still wish that people just mind their own business i they don't like something instead of insulting. (especially Touhou).
                oh well... in any case you're right.

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                I actually will laugh when they criticize the sacred relic known as the ZUNart.
                ...and i'll laugh with you.

Comment

Is this gonna be on Steam? Could be really profitable but there are a lot of ways this could go wrong. Also a Touhou boom thanks to more accesibility of the games but I don't know if that's always a good thing.

Comment

Can someone link to the picture of the English config window?

Comment

Working...
                    X