X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touhou 14 Predictions (After the Demo)

It's kind of neat to write down your predictions for a game and then look back at it after the full game was released. Here's the perfect place to do that!
    So what do you guys think is going to be in Double Dealing Character? Now that we have some information about the game, it's even easier to predict something. It can be as calculated or as random as you want. I'm more of the person who narrows it down and predicts something that has a good chance of being in the game, but if you want to predict that mutant pencils will invade Gensokyo and fill Reimu's donation box with gooey plastic bags, well, do so.
    So my prediction is that there will be a theme with that boss's name in it. It's been a trend ever since SA. There's been Satori Maiden~3rd Eye, Captain Murasa, Futatsuiwa from Sado, and I guess you could count Shoutoku Legend~True Administator in there, too. I wouldn't be surprised if another theme popped up like that.
    Any other predictions?
    "Haikus are easy
    But they don't always make sense
    Refrigerator"
    -Some shirt

Hmm... so we went from Misty Lake -> Human Village -> Bamboo Forest of the Lost. Maybe new locations beyond the Bamboo Forest for Stage 4 - 6?
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Okay, this theory will sound crazy, because I was eating chocolate when writing this.

I think ZUN may base the character design and game layout of PCB in DDC.

First off, he has done this with UFO and EoSD. I will list the similarities here:

Both Stage 2 bosses (Kogasa and Cirno) have a blue color scheme. Both attempt to make a Badass Boast.

Cirno: I'll cryo-freeze you with some English Beef!

Kogasa: Go melt in the acid rain!

Both Stage 3 bosses (Ichirin and Meiling) are guarding the place they live in, and the main setting of the game. They are both their own midboss as well.

Both Stage 4 bosses (Patchouli and Murasa) do not have a player-based gimmick, and are the leader of a certain area in the game (Patchouli is the Head Liberian of Voile while Murasa is the Captain of the Palanquin) and both have a midboss that was/was supposed to be in the extra stage (Nue was the ball of light in Stage 4 while Koakuma was supposed to be in the Extra Stage but got cut. However, a modified sprite of her exists in the game's coding that was to be used for the Extra Stage)

Both Stage 5 bosses have specific weapons associated with them. (Sakuya's knives and Shou's pagoda and spear) Both of their names have to do with celestial bodies (Sakuya means Flowering Night while Shou means Star) and both start with an S. Both bosses are also utterly devoted to their mistresses for being granted protection by them and safety.

Both Stage 6 bosses seem to have celestial bodies in the stage background (Remilia had the scarlet moon while Byakuren had the sun in Hokkai)

Both EX Bosses have strange wings. (Flan's Christmas Lights and Nue's Alien-esqe wings) Both have red eyes and a strange looking object that they hold. (Flan's Laevatein and Nue's Trident)

And finally, six times two equals twelve. VOILA!

So, here are the similarities I have seen in the DDC demo characters and the PCB demo characters:

Both the Stage 1 bosses (Wakasagihime and Letty Whiterock) wear a lot of blue. Also, both would not normally attack people but strangely they did.

Both the Stage 2 bosses (Sekibanki and Chen) wear a lot of red. Also, Sekibanki's hairbow was once mistaken for cat ears, which Chen has. They both live in a village (Chen lives in Mayohiga, Seki lives in the Human Village) and both of their abilities can scare people (Chen's ability while not in shikigami possession is surprising people, while Sekibanki can take off her head, which could scare many people) Both of them have hair color that matches their eye color.

Both the Stage 3 bosses (Kagerou and Alice) have familiars they use in battles (Kagerou's weird blue things she sends out before going nuts in her spellcards, and Alice's dolls) and both seemed to be based on/ is an earlier character (Kagerou might be based on Keine while the Alice from Mystic Square is Alice Margatroid) Both also wear very western-style dresses.

AND seven times two equals 14! VOILA AGAIN!

If this theory is true, this might mean we will get another obnoxiously annoying Stage 4 midboss out of nowhere, there will be three Stage 4 bosses, the Stage 5 boss will be a swordsman, and the Stage 6 boss will be a spirit that manipulates other spirits, causing the weapons to go berserk and the youkai as well!

BUT WAIT! Using this theory, apparently Seki will actually be some kind of familiar for the EX boss, who will be a familiar for the Phantasm boss who will have some loosely- defined god-like power and be as lazy as hell! And then, in TH15, she will be partnered up with Reimu or something while they solve the incident of the eternal day!

I have presented my theory. Please share your opinions and other similarities you noticed.
      Gensokyo's Loudest Monk

Comment

But Patchouli does have gimmicks. Reimu has Mercury Poison, while Marisa has Water Elf. Heck, even the shot-types have gimmicks.

Kagerou sends out her howl (AWOOOOO)
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

Oh, well I've never made it to Patchouli with Marisa because I SUCK with any shot type that isn't Persuasion Needle or Magic Napalm.
          Gensokyo's Loudest Monk

Comment

Marisa master race.

Also, Mermaid -> Dullahan -> Werewolf. Will we see like a Mummy or a Harpie nex maybe?
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

"Obnoxiously annoying Stage 4 midboss out of nowhere."
              What was that? I can't hear you, come in range of my danmaku and say that again please. We had an awesome midboss!
              Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 06-26-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

I'm sorry, do I have to echo that back just for you? OBNOXIOUSLY ANNOYING STAGE 4 MIDBOSS OUT OF NOWHERE. Maybe you should try being in front of the fairy, where all her danmaku goes. I'm sure you'll enjoy the expirience
                Gensokyo's Loudest Monk

Comment

No, the midboss shouldn't be the problem, the Prismrivers should be.

Comment

I dont remember seeing this picture until recently, but assuming that the sillhoettes of the title screens have shown the final boss, I went in photoshop, messed with some of the lighting levels and did some tracing to see what it comes out as. I was REALLY hoping for a twin boss battle for the final stage OH WELL.

ASSUMING that I traced it correctly (I guarantee 100% that at least SOMETHING is off), we can say the character is very short. And that her left hand (our right) is very unfortunately placed. Or is it?

Comment

So we may have a loli final boss ever since Remilia.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Does Miko not count?

Comment

@jrOc

I think she's just flat.
                          Originally posted by S121
                          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't know if anyone already said this but I think we'll see koishi somewhere in this game between the 4 and extra stage bosses. Maybeshe is accidently causing all the youkai to be angry? Would make since seeing how she can manipulate the self-conclusions. Not to mention she has made it so she can't be hated so prehaps the hate is boiling over in the youkai.

Comment

I keep trying to figure out who the silhouette is, but the only thing I can think of is Suwako.

I'm not really sure why the heck she would have anything to do with the plot of this game, but there you have it. It looks like Suwako.
                              Originally posted by S121
                              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X