Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll try to find a way using only blender engine to render it then. If it pisses me off too much I'll let kappa village die in the mountain xDD
    sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

We all love Yuuka's flowers isn't it !!!

sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

There is the new picture:

sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

No love for Kappa Village? Guess I just have to do it myself then.

I managed to get out most of the noise. 4 renders with different seeds. 2 hours total render time. Thanks god for GPU rendering from cycles.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

I manage to get ride of all the noise with cycles but I can't manage to get the textures UVmapped on models.
            The funnier is that you took your pic in the same angle as I've done for kappavillage xD
            sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

All the noise?! What are your methods for doing that. I rendered four times at 1000 samples with four different seeds and combined them. I guess if i used 8 or 16 it would get rid of all the noise, but that's 4 or 8 hours of render time (-2 that I have already done). Might have a idea how to do this.

As for UV maps. I don't care about them. Program does all the job for me.

As for the angle of the picture, even funnier is that i was considering doing it at a different angle up to the last second before rendering the first image.

Also 4K render of heaven. Took me 30 min to render. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...8/heaven4k.png
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              you are not alone.

Comment

I usually put at least 6000 sample to get ride of most of the noise, emitters power play a great role also, tiles size also.
                Are you using cuda or openCL for rendering ?
                I used mineway to extract the kappa village but it only get the diffuse color and not the uvmapped texture that should come with.
                And I'm using a HD7950 OC for rendering.
                sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

6000 samples?! And I tough I had a little bit too many when using 250 for the Heaven picture. When I export it the program export all textures inside to one picture, upscale it 16x for me, UVmaps it according to the picture and sets up all materials inside one materials. All I have to do is redo the one material there is to get it working with Cycles. If I want lighting from blocks i make a copy of the material, make a few modifications and assign it to the blocks where I want it. I may also change up the water sometimes.

Personally I use CUDA. I feel sorry for you. Last time I checked support for OpenCL was still very experimental if they even started at all. Personally I got a GTX 680.
                  Born in the light.
                  Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                  Keep Fighting.
                  –Don't Forget.
                  Always, somewhere,
                  you are not alone.

Comment

They sux for boycotting openCL which is more interesting for parallel computing. I hope they'll do something for that soon.
                    And that they give us back the 2.49 GUI xD 2.5, 2.6 are not user friendly at all xD
                    I might get more noise than you because of the experimental stat of the openCL version for the cycle engine.
                    Maybe there is another engine that runs opencl.
                    sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

As I know it's not that they are dropping it. They really want to continue work on it. It's more like that there is a problem with OpenCL I've heard. They have to wait for that problem to get fixed first.

As for the GUI. You just have to get used to it. I liked the 2.4 GUI, got confused by the 2.5 at first, but now I love it. I think it's more efficient because it places tools and such to the left and right. And most likely your monitor is wider than it is high.

As for rendering engines, have you looked into LuxRender or Yaffaray? I've heard they are good.
                      Born in the light.
                      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                      Keep Fighting.
                      –Don't Forget.
                      Always, somewhere,
                      you are not alone.

Comment

There seems that luxrender team finaly decided to develop an openCL version, lux was the first external rendering engine that produced
                        results as good as cycle now. I'll give it a try this week. But the 2.6 GUI kinda makes me in a state that I look the window then I clic the little red cross on the top xD
                        They've hidden, deleted and renamed too many things, and I'm really lazy to relearn all from the beginning as I started with the first free version that came in 2002.
                        I got a lot of problem with the bugged option like material panel that never shows what it should with no mat preview for exemple.
                        sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

There is a material preview. As for the other things they've hidden, what are you looking for. Oh and be sure to download the latest version. You had 2.63 right? I have 2.68. Alot of things have been added.
                          Born in the light.
                          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                          Keep Fighting.
                          –Don't Forget.
                          Always, somewhere,
                          you are not alone.

Comment

2.68 doesn't allow the use of openCL
                            support for openCL stopped at 2.63
                            It doesn't recognize the graphic card and the tahiti system from AMD
                            Last edited by Madvicius; 10-05-2013, 07:43 PM.
                            sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

Are you using experimental feature set? I doubt it worked before 2.63

EDIT Just checked and looks like it's still in. Just hidden because it doesn't work anyway. Looks like it isn't just Cycles either V-ray and LuxRender both seems to have the same problem as well it seems.
                              Last edited by Katrix; 10-05-2013, 07:50 PM.
                              Born in the light.
                              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                              Keep Fighting.
                              –Don't Forget.
                              Always, somewhere,
                              you are not alone.

Comment

In preference it says there is no compute device for opencl.
                                Even after putting experimental. And the GUI is blinking like hell when moving the mouse there ( on my laptop msi GX70 ) then
                                the GUI freeze completely.
                                Last edited by Madvicius; 10-05-2013, 07:53 PM.
                                sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

Working...
                                X