Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raiko Horikawa with no vertical movement

Did this a couple hours ago 8D

You just love to spam your videos doncha'. Great job by the way!
    sigpic

Comment

with a bomb to spare, too! i wonder how many other bosses can be beaten like this
      beware of passive-aggressive sign language

Comment

This is a prime example of how much I suck compared to most Touhou players out there. I aspire to get to a skill level much like Cyros'. But I always have my head lowered because I know that such a dream will never come true for me.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

You know...I would have thought that with all the horizontal danmaku this sort of feat woulda been impossible.
          ...just goes to show what I know.

@ TRXD
          Don't worry, we're on the same boat.
          I've only beaten Touhou 8 on easy and I think I might have beaten normal...
          but that's the only one.
          All others I haven't beaten even easy on.

Comment

@Cucoo
            Whenever I do a continue-less run, I can only get up to either Stage 4 or 5 on Easy. I have never learned when to bomb at the right time nor have I ever had the hand-eye co-ordination to beat any of the games. I intend to do training livestreams and Touhou will be a regular on those.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

I think everyone has heard this a few times already, but it's just practice.
              My personal favorite is just throwing myself at Normal until I improve, but I guess there are other ways.
              I don't think you get much easier from playing Easy a lot though, but that might just be my opinion.

When I started playing Touhou, I was in the same boat; I couldn't read patterns, I randomly rammed into bullets and I never bombed.
              Now, about a year later, I'm able to clear most games on Hard, and I'm practicing for Lunatic.
              Just keep at it; perseverance is on of the most important characteristics when playing Touhou IMO.
              And not using PCB Sakuya A, because the shot type is horrible. It has bad damage output, completely useless homing, an unfocused shot that has trouble killing popcorn fairies and everyone who just starts playing Touhou insists that is is the "best shot type ever!!!111!!!111!!!!1!1!!11111" *rants on*

But enough off-topic talk; great job! I haven't watched the video yet because my computer decided that it doesn't want to, which makes it look like 10 fps Minecraft done worse. But looking at Raiko's attacks and lack of resources because of the same limitations in the stage, I'm assuming that this isn't really the easiest thing ever.

Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
                You know...I would have thought that with all the horizontal danmaku this sort of feat woulda been impossible.
                ...just goes to show what I know.

@ TRXD
                Don't worry, we're on the same boat.
                I've only beaten Touhou 8 on easy and I think I might have beaten normal...
                but that's the only one.
                All others I haven't beaten even easy on.
                same. i've beaten IN and PCB on easy and that's it. though i 1cc'd PCB's easy on my second try :u whenever i try normal mode, i rarely make it past the stage 5 boss without continuing. the furthest i ever got on normal was again PCB, where i got to Yuyuko's last spellcard before i had to continue (i didn't realise it was her last card at the time though, i thought it was her last but one. this isn't counting her revival card, of course'
                beware of passive-aggressive sign language

Comment

I congratulate you once again with a vidya. (so envious..)
                  So with sadness in my heart
                  I feel the best thing I could do
                  is end it all and leave forever
                  whats done is done, it feels so bad
                  what once was happy now is sad
                  I'll never love again
                  my world is ending

Comment

Working...
                  X