X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touhou fanime

This thread's function is to list all the Touhou anime. If there's any Touhou anime that's not in the list, make sure to post.

Memories of Phantasm
    Opening 1
    Opening 2
    Opening 3
    Opening 4 (unused)
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 3
    Episode 4
    Episode 5
    Episode 6

A Summer Day's Dream
    Opening 1
    Opening 2
    Episode 1
    Episode 2
    Episode 2.5

Hifuu Club Activity Record ~ The Sealed Esoteric History
    Opening
    PV 2
    PV 3
    Prologue fight preview
    Last edited by bluppo8; 01-31-2016, 04:58 PM. Reason: Added Ep. 6 of MoP

Don't forget about the upcoming Hifuu Club by Kyoto Fantasy Troupe. Currently, only a PV is made.

https://youtu.be/dNHF653sbk4

New one posted on April 21st
    http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26079631
    Last edited by Lunasa Prismriver; 04-26-2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Hifuu Club looks like it'll be an interesting anime. From what I see in the opening, it's going to be about Renko and Maribel, and it's going to be about the history of Gensokyo. In the opening I could already see things like the Suwa Wars and the first moon invasion.
      It will probably take ages before we get an actual episode though.
      Last edited by bluppo8; 04-27-2015, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Can't wait for the next episode of Summer's Daydream

Comment

Just found episode 5 of Memories of Phantasm. It only has Japanese subs and no voices yet, but a fandub/sub should appear within a few weeks I think.

Comment

@bluppo
            I was aware of Memories of Phantasm 5 being released. The Touhou subreddit was talking about it not so long ago. I just didn't want to draw any attention to it until it got an actual translation. After all, what's the point in sharing something that we barely understand? (Well, we do. But not the actual dialogue which is one the things I like in MoP.)

Right now, we are either currently waiting for Ep. 5 to be translated as a whole or waiting for that one Japanese girl who is known for awkwardly dubbing every character* to put out her video.

*(For context, it's well known that the most popular fandub for this fanime on YouTube is one done by a single girl by the name of Pika. Unfortunately, there are times in which it is obvious as balls that is just one single girl. She's a decent voice actor, I'll give her that. But she makes a lot of mistakes in her voice acting. A lot. I was even known for very heavily criticising the 4th episode dub for the sub-par voice acting and the awkward exchanges between Flan and Remi.)
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Update: reddevils500 just posted Memories of Phantasm 5 with the English subs and Japanese dub.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunasa Prismriver View Post
                Update: reddevils500 just posted Memories of Phantasm 5 with the English subs and Japanese dub.
                Added.

Comment

So, after watching this latest episode of MoP, I can give my opinions on it. Overall, the episode was... alright. The art is as great as it has ever been and the intro definitely psyches you up for a new arc. The episode itself is a nice set-up to the PoFV arc and introduces every character that'll be involved in the arc (even adding some nice character interactions like Medicine visiting Eirin and Yuuka "dealing with" Cirno). Unfortunately though, not a whole lot really goes on in this episode and, in my personal opinion, is one that could easily be skipped if you are already familiar with PoFV. That being said, what is provided in the episode does provide a nice dose of entertainment in the form of comedy and character interaction.
                  If you're here for some good ol' Touhou action like the previous 4 episodes, you won't get any here and you should wait 'til next time. If you just want to see some Touhou characters have an ordinary day in the calm before the storm, watch this.

Unfortunately, I (once again) had the displeasure of listening to Pika's dub of the episode. While it mostly same old Pika doing her same old voices (of which I can tolerate), I am appalled by Pika's choice of voice for Yuuka. Yuuka's voice in Pika's dub is most assuredly not up to scratch and does not fit Yuuka whatsoever. The voice used gives Yuuka a very out of character childish voice. Even moreso than that of Cirno (who was even in the same scenes as Yuuka). I, for one, have always thought of Yuuka as being amongst the more mature individuals in Touhou and not as a child-like character in the same vein as Flan. When I heard Yuuka make her first word in this dub, I literally went "Ugh!" as I was forced into a state of displeasure at hearing the childish Yuuka voice.
                  On the other hand, I do like the voices Pika has chosen for the Eientei crew and for Medicine. So... Erm... Good job, I guess...?

tl;dr this episode was decent but skippable, Pika f*cked up Yuuka's voice but won me back with her Eientei voices

Note: I have personally made this thread a sticky. If any staff objects to this, feel free to unstick the thread.
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Double posterino!

Episode 6 of Memories of Phantasm has been released and subtitled. Here's a link to reddevils' video (with a non-Pika dub! Yay!): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUgL6L030XY

EDIT: So, about that review... Well... It's far too long and drawn out to justify putting in a forum post. If everyone wants it really badly, I'll likely write a Google docs on it. Because, trust me, there's a lot I have to say. But strangely not enough. (Anyone who watched the video will know why.)
                    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 01-17-2016, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Drunk Youmu is cute Youmu.
                      sigpic

Comment

I DON'T CARE ABOUT MEMORIES OF PHANTASM, GIVE ME HIFUU CLUB

Comment

@Lunasa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D5tkAUNFa4

Comment

Did the next episode of Summer Day's Dream come out yet..

Comment

Added 2 PVs (which are labeled 2nd and 3rd, but I can't find the 1st) and a preview for Hifuu Club.
                              (Also hi I still lurk the forums occasionally)

Comment

Working...
                              X