Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remilia Scarlet
    replied
    Granted, I do live 6 hours from my "home" where my parents live :P Commute is a bit difficult for that.

Leave a comment:

• Luna Pixu
    replied
    @Remi
    Thing is, due to my proximity to the college, I don't need a dorm. And I can't even convince my parents to let me move out while I'm still at college. Well, I'm only going to be here for another 7 or so months before I do move. I'm either going to be moving to Leeds, Manchester, or Bath (near Bristol). And if my grades are really sh*tty, I'll have to move to Birmingham.

@Major Mario
    Love that phrase, man.

Leave a comment:

• Remilia Scarlet
    replied
    ^pfft, now that's one way to comfort someone.

Leave a comment:

• Major Mario
    replied
    As we say in my family's ancient tongue, handed down by the fiercest of southern warriors: "Shit mang, that's a real kick in the ass. A bear has more luck gettin' his nose in a hunter's buttcrack than you do gettin' by in life. Ah, but Lady Luck was drunk as a skunk that day, and when she sobers up, she gon' take you for a joyride down easy street, ya hear? [Old coot gibberish]"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Remilia Scarlet
    replied
    And that's why I love dorms for colleges. 10 minute walk to all my classes.

As we would say in Japanese, otsukaresan xD

Leave a comment:

• Luna Pixu
    replied
    Oh man... This morning had to be one of the utmost ridiculous things that has happened to me on an ordinary day.

So, this week my college is reopening. Due to this, I have had to go to bed rather early to reset my body clock. Mostly because I have been staying up late to hang out with you guys and then waking up at stupid hours like 4PM. This morning, my alarm clock didn't go off and I woke up at the ridiculous time of 6AM. Due to my nature and how my body functions, I could not go back to sleep. I did my usual things upon waking up. Take care of the pets... Have breakfast... The typical stuff... Since I had a lot of time to spare, I then decided to use my iPod for a bit before heading to college. My iPod then died and so I decided to check twitter on my phone. My phone died as well.
    By that time, it was about time that I started to head off to the bus stop to go to college. Upon preparing to leave, putting my lunch box and my morning cola in my bag, the zip of my bag broke. I did not have time to fix it so I forced the zip shut and hurried out of the house. When I arrived at the bus stop, I noticed a distinct lack of people at the bus stop. At first, I thought that people were either taking their cars or were just coming late. Eventually a few people arrived and so did the bus. I boarded the bus and went to my usual seat on it. My best friend wasn't there. In fact, almost no-one was there. The upper floor of the bus was empty save for myself and my friend's younger brother. We had a chat about games and a lot about Skyrim. It was rather cool. Midway through the bus journey, he received a text from a friend of his. The text said "John Leggott is closed. Not leaving house." (John Leggott refers to the college that I go to by the way.) Upon hearing this, the blood escaped from my face and I sat on my seat, frozen in fear. I was heading into town... My college was closed... This could only mean one thing. I was on my way to the rival college, North Lindsey.
    There are two colleges in the town near where I live. I go to John Leggott College which is renowned for its teachers and high achieving students. And then there is North Lindsey College. An infamous college that teaches the hoodlums of the region. The two colleges have been known to have a large rivalry and students from North Lindsey were known to sneak into my college and do all sorts of stuff to us. Of course, this was fixed by the introduction of lanyard and ID system. All John Leggott College students must wear their ID at all times in or around college grounds. And I was wearing mine on the bus. This meant that any North Lindsey students would instantly know who I am and the fact that I go to their rival college.
    When the bus arrived at North Lindsey, I snuck around the college hoping to not get detected by the students. Especially a few certain students from my past. I made head way out of the main college grounds, out of the car park and I ended up at the road outside the college. I rummaged through my pockets to find my phone and ring my mother. But then I realised that my phone was dead when I used it to check my twitter. This meant that I couldn't call my mother to pick me up and there wasn't a payphone nearby. Fortunately, I was familiar with the town and knew where the nearest bus stop was. So I rushed down the road towards the bus stop. Along the way, the very bus that I needed to catch had passed me. Seeing it, I signalled to it but it did not stop. I cursed loudly when the bus drove off into the distance. Fortunately, no-one was around to hear me yell. Knowing that the bus had passed me, it would be another approximate hour until another bus on the same route would arrive.
    I eventually arrived at the bus stop. By this time, my right shoulder was aching from lugging my heavy, broken bag around and I was getting a headache from the bright rising sun. I sat down on the bench at the stop and drank my morning cola. If I wasn't going to have it at college, I may as well have it at the stop. Bored out of my mind, I went into my pockets and looked for my iPod. Only to remember that I had also let that die when I was playing with it. Due to the fact that my phone and iPod were dead and that I did not have a watch, I could not tell the time. Because of this, I did not know when exactly the next bus would come. While having my cola, I noticed that a certain bus had passed me twice at that stop. Remembering the bus' route number and the rough time that I got off the college bus, I worked out that it would have been another 20 minutes or so until my bus would arrive. At that moment, I felt like a genius. Working out the approximate time through using bus routes. If I ever became a hobo, I could now use buses to tell the time. But in that moment of glory, I remembered something. I was drinking cola... in a public place... with no restroom nearby and it would be another 20 minutes until the bus would arrive. So now I was waiting for a bus... unaware of the actual time... bored out of my mind... annoyed that my phone and iPod are dead... frustrated that I missed the earlier bus... tired from waking up early... and with a full bladder. If I didn't already know how much of a bad day this was, I knew now.
    Eventually, the bus arrives and I get on it. Doing so, I make a fool of myself by forgetting the correct procedure when boarding a bus and by stumbling massively when moving along the bus to take a seat. After getting off the bus back at my hometown, I went back home and told my parents this very story. I then spent a few hours simmering down by playing some Osu! and Super Hexagon. Of course, I sucked at playing those too. I could barely beat my high scores on Osu and I was dying left, right and centre in Super Hexagon.
    And that's my story.

Leave a comment:

• TheOther_Cirno ⑨
    replied
    Well School starts today I should probably sleep actuall

Leave a comment:

• Suzzie2
    replied
    @S121
    well that gotta stink.....
    all i did today was sit around, play the new ace attorney game, and had a nice chat with sakores....

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Ok, here's a really messed up one. This series of events are chained together so well, that I don't think it will ever happen again. (I hope. )

I don't know if it's funny because it's genuinely humorous, or if it's the hysteria kicking in.

I went to go make some hash browns for breakfast and got everything prepared. I cleaned the cast-iron pan, poured the oil into the pan, and set the stove to its lowest setting. I pull out the frozen hash browns and some tongs, and place a hash brown into the pan... only for all the oil to burst into flames and create a fire that nearly reached the ceiling. Luckily, the fire died down after a second or two, and I continued making hash browns. Of course, this was only the beginning. Little did I know that when I watched the fire rush up near the ceiling, oil splashed all over the floor.

After only half a minute, my hashbrown had been annihilated and was reduced to a black crisp. Let me remind you that I put the stove to its lowest setting. I was a little upset, but no problem, I'm no master chef. Perhaps it was a little bit of bad luck. In fact, my second hash brown came out perfectly. Right before I was about to eat the hash brown, my dad walked into the room asked what happened to the floor. I looked down and saw that the floor and oven were covered in oil and thought, "Okay, no problem. I'll clean it up." I was hungry and wanted to eat before worrying about it. I was happy, and after lightly glazing the hash brown with ketchup, I began to eat it. As I went to go take a bite, the hash brown fell apart, covered my shirt in bits of hash brown and ketchup, and splattered all over the floor. I got angry, so I scooped the hash brown off the floor with my hand, walked over to the trash can, and THREW it into the garbage.

This is where things got even worse. I sh*t you not, the hash brown exploded on contact and splattered all over the walls and ceiling. There were pieces of hashbrown and little dots of ketchup stuck to the ceiling and walls. I got really pissed off, pulled my ketchup and hash brown covered shirt off, and threw it into the dirty clothes. As I returned, my mom started to complain about the house smelling like it was burning, as well as getting on my case about the oil all over the floor and oven and food all over the walls. By this point, I was too angry to say anything intelligible and kept pausing and stuttering as I spoke. The only thing I was able to say was, "What? Do you want to try cleaning that up?" My mom simply replied, "Why would I clean it up if I didn't make the mess?" I wanted to say, "Then stop complaining to me. I'll clean it up.", but nothing came out. I was too angry to speak and just wanted her to leave the kitchen. After that, I grabbed the mop, bucket, and poured some mop soap into the bucket. I then walked over to the tub and filled it up, only to find out that I put too much soap. The soap expanded and flooded the bucket with bubbles, so in a fit of rage, I poured all the water and soap out, refilled the bucket, and walked back to the kitchen.

This time, I put the right amount of soap into the water and began to try and clean the floor. Sadly, the soapy water did nothing, and after mopping the area three times, I decided to try a different tactic. Our dish soap is good with cutting through grease, so what I did was place small dots of soap all over the oily ground and tried to mop it all up. Unfortunately for me, it didn't work. It only spread the grease across more of the ground. My breathing increased as time went by, and after a while, I started to feel light headed. I walked over the oil to grab the sponge, but I ended up slipping and landing in the grease, making me even angrier. I got up, resisted the urge to yell and scream at the top of my lungs, and grabbed the sponge. After scrubbing the ground with soapy water for five minutes, my dad called me over and offered a "hint". He told me that we had a mixture of chemicals in a spray bottle that was designed to quickly cut through grease and where to find it. I was relieved to hear that we had something like that, so I went into the storage room to find it, only to see that it wasn't where he said it was. I kept searching the storage room until I found a spray bottle that matched his description. I brought it over to my mom and dad and asked them if it was the bottle, but they asked if it was labeled. It wasn't, so they advised me to go search for a labeled bottle under the sinks in the house, but after searching through all the sinks in the house, I didn't find it. With nothing else in hand but the bottle they described to me, I walked over to the oily mess on the ground and sprayed it all over the mess.

I decided to wait for the chemicals to eat away at the grease and went on my computer for a couple minutes to check the forum, but when I came back to the mess, my dad was standing there and told me I sprayed vinegar all over the floor. I didn't believe him, but when I walked closer, the smell of vinegar became strong. By this point, I felt dizzy and like I was about to pass out. My dad left the kitchen and I was left to stare at the mess in front of me. How was I supposed to clean it up? I gave up my search for the bottle of chemicals, but guess what? I found it sitting on the counter with a bunch of other chemicals. By this point, I began to laugh, and after I grabbed the bottle, I sprayed the chemicals all over the floor and waited. I returned after a couple of minutes and mopped the mess, only to find that the miracle chemicals I was relying on didn't do the job. I was so angry by this point, that I didn't even feel the anger anymore. I just smiled and laughed.

This was truly one of those days where life makes you its b*tch, and there was nothing I could do about it.
    Last edited by S121; 12-27-2013, 04:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Nastenary
    replied
    Today...was a good day. Nothing more is to be said.

Leave a comment:

• Madvicius
    replied
    My avatar illustrates properly how I'm everyday xD

Leave a comment:

• Cucoo5
    replied
    @ Mad

There was a time when something similar happened to me...
    my reaction to it could be illustrated by your avatar.

Leave a comment:

• Madvicius
    replied
    Today was a really bad day, I worked from 8:00am to 7:00pm with a break of 30min. And also learnt that I've to do about 5
    project at least to finish for december -_-
    And that on your "free time" at home even if we do some also at university, that's poo poo . So no hollidays also =/

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    So appareantly the UMDF driver(whatever that is) isn't working on my laptop. Trying to reinstall windows now.

Leave a comment:

• Nastenary
    replied
    Played some GTA 5 and just had a brilliant day, also had to change my password on here...stuff goes down when you leave for 2 days.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X