X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That fuckin' quiz, yo.

Anyway, my dreams are generally extremely coherent and long... while I'm in them. At least, this is waht I gather from the dreams I DO manage to remember and the feeling I have while dreaming (Granted, everythign is "normal" and "coherent" while dreaming)

Generally I only remember snippets of the dreams but usually they have some semblence of a correlation to each other. They say dream journals are a great way to remembering your dreams more often as well as achieving lucidity whilst dreaming. I find that, though yes dream journals are the most effective, just lying in bed and thinking over the dream while you're in an actual conscious state (as opposed to a half-asleep, delerious state) works pretty well, too. I also tend to think over my dreams while I shower since I'm in the shower at most, 5 minutes after I wake up. Another thing I tend to do is I'll purposely set my alarm about 15-20 minutes earlier than I have to wake up (and set an alarm at the time I need to wake up) and sort of "snooze" for 15-20 minutes. What this does is that it tends to allow you, assuming you're not completely sleep deprived that you immediately fall into deep sleep again, hover in some form of consciousness while still "sleeping". When this works best, I'll fall back into my previous dream but with more consciousness and awareness. When it doesn't work... I wake up two hours later having missed my first class huehuehue.

The latest dream I remember is from like a week ago. Though I can't remember the entirety(or even a majority) of it, it did involve me being Remilia and going around places. I've had several dreams like that before where I'll actually _be_ Remi more than being _with_ Remi. (Though I've had several with the latter as well)

Most of my dreams tend to be on the "realistic" side as opposed to a dreamy, scifi or otherwise "fantasy"-esque setting. The only exception to this would be when I'm in like an RPG setting where I'm like some hero or the like (Though I have very few of those)

Recently, I'd say most of my dreams have either been on the extremes of the dark/light spectrum with overall feel. It's like either I wake up in a cold sweat/need to take deep breaths or I wake up thinking "fuck. That should have gone on longer".

All that said, I don't particularly remember a full coherent dream at the top of my head xD

Comment

@Remi

Although I like falling back into dreams, I've found that at least for me, it's normally a pretty bad idea. The thing is that if I do it, the dream tends to be more unstable and unrealistic than before. I have a prime example for this.

I think it began with something that I was going to a new school. When I arrived at the new school it was super modern and technological. There was nothing I could point to and say "I know this is a dream because of that". When I woke up and fell asleep again, I had to evade some sort of goo o the floor that moved like danmaku to reach my father which was on the other side. When I reached the other side and looked back, no one as there. Clearly this is more unrealistic. When I woke up and fell asleep again, everything started falling apart. Suddenly there was some sort of giant robot there that looked like GLaDOS and we had to evacuate the building.

There have been times when it doesn't impact the dream too much like that other dream I just explained. I think that death scene was right after I had woken up and fallen sleep again.
      Born in the light.
      Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
      Keep Fighting.
      –Don't Forget.
      Always, somewhere,
      someone is fighting for you.
      –As long as you remember her,
      you are not alone.

Comment

The oldest dreams I remember having involved the "Old Hag" from Snow White, & her attempts to hide in the ceiling light with apples so that she could catch me outside of bed. It got so bad that I saw her once in the basement while awake! (Also, while in the mountains at a friends house, I saw Bulbasaur, also while awake.)

The oldest dream I can remember in it's entirety is one where I was Luigi running off a cliff IN 8-BITS!

I mostly don't appear in my dreams, but when I do, I'm usually female. In one of these kind of dreams, some teenage boys were trying to use High Jump Kick on the ceiling in the mall, but they kept going & crashed. So I ignored them, & went to a part of the mall that required a ticket. So I took my shoe off, only to find that it was full of wood.

When I have a nightmare, it usually involves a villainous character or a Giygas inspired abomination. For whatever reason, no Touhous have yet to appear in my dreams. I did dream about Minecraft, however, it was heavily modded, with dinosaurs & giant insects. In fact, I once dreamt of a website with mod packs for Minecraft & The Sims 3, but I forgot the URL.

The latest dream i can remember is one where Mario & Luigi fight against a "Money Vampire" in the kind of final boss arena you'd see in an RPG. You know, the multicoloured void.

And that's all I have to say about dreams.
        No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

@Lord_Jacobus

Oh the luxury of seeing yourself when you dream. I only see myself very rarely. One example was the second part of that dream I just said. Then again, I'm normally pretty happy about not seeing myself. When I do see myself is the only times I'm happy about it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          someone is fighting for you.
          –As long as you remember her,
          you are not alone.

Comment

Working...