X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meditation Techniques

With the problem at hand, I've decided to begin a routine meditation period to relieve me of my unnaturally high stress levels. I ask you all to share some suggestions as to what to do, like what techniques I should perform, what environment is most suitable, etc.

I think the first thing to do is get a quiet, peaceful environment. If you're going to get interrupted during meditation on the first go, it'd be annoying, wouldn't it?
    Then, sit down in an easy way (one that won't end up with you thinking "darn, my legs hurt" during meditation), clear your mind and stay that way for a bit.
    You could also start thinking about life in itself, or some other poetical stuff like that.

If all else fails, try and talk it out with someone. From past experiences, I've realised that a powerful way of relieving stress is letting it out, though letting it out too quickly (as in fighting, screaming and that sort of stuff) will often build up even more stress, so if this seems more reliable, sit down and talk it out. It can even be done through things like Skype or Mumble, in case you can't find a suitable person nearby.

What you end up doing, all comes down to you, so try and have fun doing what you want.
    Originally posted by Mogeko
    Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
    Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
    Praise be to prosciutto.
    ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
    Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

I've found that just listening to calm, peaceful music while lying down works wonders for alleviating stress.
      Personally, I'm quite fond of this song when it comes to relaxing.

Comment

There's this thing called ASMR. It has some kind of relaxing effect apparantly.

Comment

Working...
        X