Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Judge Of Hidan Has Now Come To A Verdict

FOR ALL

Guys, when I joined this community, I thought it was gonna be great. I thought it was gonna be members welcoming me into the community, fellow minecrafters coming together to create something great, forum users having a good time with eachother.

And it was.

Lemme be honest here, being a part of this community was one of the better decisions I've made in my life. It opened the doors to a more open social life. I felt like I was part of something big. And I want to thank you all for making me feel that way. But now I've come to a final decision after pondering for a long time.

I'm leaving this community.

Being here was one of the better decisions of my life, but the longer I've stayed, the more divided I see the community become. You have all noticed it, but at this point, most of the yukkuricrafters don't really interact as a community anymore. Now it's like it's just a server that happens to have prebuilt buildings. Don't know if you see it, but this is what I saw. I saw the community making friend bubbles and then closing off the rest of the community. It's like you stick to the opinions of your own bubble and leave the rest of the community to their bubble. Hell, who is even going to see this beyond the bubble that most of the rpers didn't know they had?

And that's another thing: how the rest of the community treats the rp section. As far as the story in supernatural goes, god made leviathans, but then resented them and banished them to purgatory. This community decided to collectively create a small little rp section for some to use when on their off time. But now those outside of the rp community treat it like it's some experiment gone wrong and they abandoned it, left it to those who already inhabited it. It's sad, really.

FOR THE RP MEMBERS

As far as my place in the rp community, though, I'm now just some guy who pops in every now and then. As if anything I was involved with doesn't even matter anymore. Every rp I had been a part of, I had a story arc in the waiting until you guys decided to go with it. But now I've come to the reality that they won't be happening at all. The rp would either be closed down or they would put it into a complete halt, or even just my particular part of the story. For those of you who say that "so what, you had plans, it's not your rp." And to them I say that yes, it isn't my rp. It's everyone's. Everyone deserves a chance to express how a story should go. That's what makes rping so much fun. But I feel like most had forgotten that. Now everyone's so caught up in the professionalism that never existed.

And for the rps I'm involved in... They are no longer in my control. AT ALL. I'm not going to stay and fix that, because I know it will al be in vain. Do as you wish with them. Kill them. Forget them. Control them. But they are no longer mine.

FOR ALL

Now that all being said, I'm sure you can bounce back. Become the one community that you started as, mix bubbles into one YukkuriCraft mega bubble. But as far as I'm concerned... Well... I'm done waiting for that. I no longer have patience to wait for that to happen. I have faith it will. But just know that I won't be here when it does. I used to be the Yama of YukkuriCraft. I used to be Otori, HM, Gerard, Toran, all of those wonderful characters I've made. And now, from the ignored discussion posts, the overlooked event suggestions, the lack of attention as a member, I have realized that I am now only a worm in the soil. So then who will respond to this? Honestly, at this point, I have more pressing matters at hand, such as getting my mentality straightened out. I wish you all, from the bottom of my heart, the best of luck as a community.

Goodbye.
    Last edited by wonderweiss; 09-06-2015, 05:01 PM.

And that's another thing: how the rest of the community treats the rp section. As far as the story in supernatural goes, god made leviathans, but then resented them and banished them to purgatory. This community decided to collectively create a small little rp section for some to use when on their off time. But now those outside of the rp community treat it like it's some experiment gone wrong and they abandoned it, left it to those who already inhabited it. It's sad, really.
    You have no idea what you're talking about.

As far as my place in the rp community, though, I'm now just some guy who pops in every now and then. As if anything I was involved with doesn't even matter anymore. Every rp I had been a part of, I had a story arc in the waiting until you guys decided to go with it. But now I've come to the reality that they won't be happening at all. The rp would either be closed down or they would put it into a complete halt, or even just my particular part of the story. For those of you who say that "so what, you had plans, it's not your rp." And to them I say that yes, it isn't my rp.
    If you were actually more active than the single post you give us every week... you know... you probably could have done something.

It's everyone's. Everyone deserves a chance to express how a story should go. That's what makes rping so much fun. But I feel like most had forgotten that. Now everyone's so caught up in the professionalism that never existed.
    You still don't know what you're talking about. There's a fine line between asking people to be all professional and junk, and asking people not to write shitty posts all the time when they can do a lot more with their characters.

Become the one community that you started as, mix bubbles into one YukkuriCraft mega bubble.
    YC started as a "Mega Bubble" because it was stupid small. There was only like a dozen of us that were even on the server, and literally everyone of those people went to the mumble.

Stop trying to sound all "This place has changed"

No. It hasn't changed. It's the same dysfunctional server it's always been. If anything there's more order because there are a number of cliques that have come up. If you're going to leave, leave without being condescending.
    Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

I second what Kilelicus says, yes there are flaws on the YC community, but that happens in every community. Also Wonder, I donīt see what gives you the knowledge to judge how the RP group works, you probably get on for like 5-10 minutes on a day, and that is in the best case, so donīt go saying what is right or how things have changed since your activity within the forum has been sparse at the most.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Kilelicus View Post
        If you're going to leave, leave without being condescending.
        This is the only necessary reply to a majority of the "I'm leaving" posts.
        Not even YC-specific, this practically applies to everything at this point.
        w-what is this autism aura??
        if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
        our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

Then I'm glad not to be a burden good riddance to this melodramatic judgemental prick!!! XD

Comment

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
            Then I'm glad not to be a burden good riddance to this melodramatic judgemental prick!!! XD
            "I'm leaving" He says, begging for attention.

"I'm back to make a pointless retort to your post, calling me out on my ignorance and condescending attitude about the community that I was never heavily involved in in the first place."

WW, make up your mind. Expecting every single response to an "I'm leaving" thread to be all sentimental and heartfelt is arrogant as shit. If you're going to be an idiot and start talking about shit you don't know a goddamn thing about in the first place, then don't get all pissy when someone else calls you out on it.

The only reason the RP Section exists is because I, and later MajorMario, pitched the idea to Remi. Remi told me he would do it, and then never did. Then MajorMario came around and wooed Remi with his shitty smut books on the YC Server. So of course he obliges when Mario asks. It was never an "Experiment." It was a thing the two of us wanted very strongly. People joined, this made me happy. The problem I had, however, was that you guys were incredibly inexperienced in the beginning, whereas I had written entire stories and series of stories with other writing friends of mine.

It was not "Abandoned" by the community. I never even anticipated the RP section would become even as popular as it was. I figured a couple people would join and it would be a thing where we all worked on a single story at a time as opposed to the four or five we work on simultaneously like we do now. Some people left because it wasn't for them. Some people left and then came back, like myself. Some people do what you do and refuse to dedicate even 15 minutes of their otherwise "non-negotiable" schedule to even keeping up with their RP's.

I have been a part of YC since before the community even went public. I originally joined the server under my friend's Minecraft account, Abort_Flight. Then I purchased my own and cemented my place in the community as the local Jerkass with a Heart of Gold, because no matter how you might take my harsh words, the ire that I hold for anyone in this server is not undeserved, but at the same time I will never lie to anyone here for the sake of covering my own ass or not offending them. I can tell you for certain, as someone who has been here from the beginning minus a month, that Yukkuricraft has not changed. The administration has its positives and its negatives, and while I have lost a great deal of respect for a number of those people, I still retain great faith in some of the more prominent members like Tyson and Tewi.

Cliques in a community are commonplace, and to be expected. We have The RP section, the gamers whom I affectionately refer to as The Clan, Remi's... thing.... and then we have Club Room 1. I don't talk about Club Room 1. Anything else is really just an outlying group that dicks around from time to time as I see it. If you made a real fucking attempt at involving yourself in the community by... oh, I don't know... getting on Mumble, WHERE EVERYONE IS ALMOST ALL THE FUCKING TIME, (we often have approaching and upwards of 20 people in there at once.) you might have noticed that, and quite possibly realized that things aren't so different now as they were three years ago. The only difference is that CERTAIN GHOSTS have destroyed friendships, angered numerous people, offended a great number of well-regarded members of the community, and driven away some of our more-involved and well-respected administrators, but I'm not going to say any names. Any real changing you might notice in the community has been caused by one person, whom has my undying hatred for what he's done. No, not Remi. I don't like him, but he's not who I'm talking about.

In conclusion: Take your high horse, shove it straight up your ass, and gallop your arrogant bullshit out of here.
            Last edited by Kilelicus; 09-07-2015, 11:46 PM.
            Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
            "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Hey.

It's been six months. This- has been hard to reread. In these six months, I'd like to think I've... Matured, even if a little. Or at the very least, I've become... Less of an ignorant prick.

I left on the assumption that the community was no longer as great as it used to be... How shameful that I had only realized the truth now.

I was wrong

It was not the community or its people. It was me. The forums just weren't working for me anymore, and I decided to blame the community instead of myself. That was the most foolish thing I could've done... So in short,

I'm here to apologize.

I'm sure this would not do any justice to a good number of you, but I'm sick of carrying this hatchet. I decided to do this to put that to rest, as well as any... Hostilities I have caused.

You all... You're great people. I have done a great injustice to you guys by saying what I did. But, in the end, I found it best to, as Kilelicus pointed out I had, shoot my high horse, and walk the low road.

On the mention of Kilelicus,
              You have every right to hate me. I knew I was walking a thin line with you, and this thread set you off. This may be wishful thinking, but... I was hoping that with you, in particular, I could put these hostilities to rest. I'm not saying we should be friends. I just... Wanted to speak that of my mind.

So to end this, all of this:

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry that I insulted the community.

And I'm especially sorry to the members of this community, who I have shamefully insulted.

... Wonderweiss out.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderweiss View Post
                On the mention of Kilelicus,
                You have every right to hate me.

I just really like this image.
                w-what is this autism aura??
                if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

@Wonder

Hello again.

I must ask, what is the purpose of this apology?
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X