X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xadrow's curious: YC musicians

Hello everyone (wow, he actually posted something \o/)

being a music enthusiast (to a certain degree), I was wondering how many people play an instrument or have an affiliation to music in anyway what so ever.
    This includes:

-any instrument as wacky it may be, from piano to bagpipes to the harmonica or ocarina(traditional or electric);
    -beat boxing;
    -singing (shower singing is valid too, provided it's confident shower singing);

So yeah, any enthusiasts on the server?

I play piano :3 yay
    I played baritone in concert band and trombone in jazz but I quit because my arms are too short ;w;

I also make my own songs on mixcraft but they're old and bad :3ccc

Comment

Oh man is this gonna be fun

In 6th and 7th grade I played the Baritone Sax for jazz band
      8th grade year place trumpet
      In high school I rotated between Euphonium, Trombone and Trumpet (and occasionally filled in for French horn and Tuba.) Also took AP music theory
      Now I play piano at church
      And I also have a homemade electric ukulele

Comment

I've been a trumpet player since I was 10. My first year in a proper band I was promoted to being in the intermediate band, followed by advanced band the following year. Middle school was good, but not particularly exciting to write about; more advanced music, a better versed band, etc. The real fun began with my years in the Mayfair Monsoon Marching Corps. I spent 3 years in that band, and was involved in a small brass band one year. Competed all over SoCal, participated in the Hollywood Christmas parade, competed in Arcadia, and got to play in Vegas for all three years. Then I moved to another high school, and the band was far less competitive.

Still have the trumpet I had since January of 2006. At one point I was taking drum lessons, but my drumming never went anywhere since trumpet was my favored instrument. Since I graduated I barely touch my trumpet, but I'd love to dive straight in with more music to play; I was also thinking of getting a new trumpet. Definitely need a new case.

Footage from a competition in junior year: https://youtu.be/BaUI6WI-pUI
        The way these youkai are swarming, one might think we weren't welcome!

Comment

how interesting does a YC concert sound?

Comment

probably like a bunch of memes and earrape

Comment

see, i've been toying with the idea. Kind of showing off what the community is capable of ya know? I don't want to make a contest for it cause that would be silly, but like a "YC's got talent" thing, were people came to share musical skills and such, all while having fun in a channel, "cyber partying" and so on...

Comment

ah yes, we've had those multiple times, I think the most instruments we had in one room was 7 (An alto sax, 2 pianos, one marimba, 2 recorders and an ukulele)

Comment

7 eh? not bad all things considered.

Comment

That's an interesting line up.
                    The way these youkai are swarming, one might think we weren't welcome!

Comment

I played an acoustic guiter in high school some and i recently found my old recorder from middle school. Oh and i messed around on drums a bit back then for fun, just making some noise really.
                      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

I studied composition and classic percussion performance at Juilliard while in high school. Was deciding between music and engineering when going to college and ended up with the latter, though I did get into some good conservatories.

Nowadays, I only play for fun.

Comment

If anything I can sing in the tenor line, maybe not the best one in the world but a trained one northeless
                          Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

I used to play on a trombone.
                            I have more than 10 years of experience, but being in mandatory military duty in 2016 made it difficult to keep it up.
                            I do consider buying a pBone, but it is far down on my to-do list.

I do love music. It actually was the black hole of music that drew me into the universe of Touhou.
                            That song can be found on /watch?v=tds0qoxWVss
                            Enjoy~
                            You know, if you know me.
                            The sun, the world, the universe.

Comment

We need a YC concert one day

Comment

Working...
                              X