X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moral Philosophy (No Debating)

I'd like to delve into a deeper topic of opinion this time. Many claim to know what morality is. Some people believe it is divinely granted; others say that morality is internal and comes from the social creatures themselves, human or not. Still, some argue that morals as we know them are fictitious and non applicable relics of a religious past. What do you guys think? I'm a combination of utalitarian and humanitarian. THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG OPINION HERE. IGNORE THE NO DEBATING PART IN THE TITLE.
    Last edited by Fettman501; 07-17-2013, 03:37 AM.
    The way these youkai are swarming, one might think we weren't welcome!

Well that's just no fun if there's no debating.

Comment

Originally posted by Keychain View Post
      Took the words right out of my mouth.
      sigpic
      Spoiler:

Comment

um.. how can we say our opinions if the title says we canīt write them?
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Ok, I'll edit it. I didn't want this thread to devolve into vicious bickering over who's views were right which was why I initially said no debating.

Comment

well, for me, it all depends on perspective, some will think morality is as what society shows it, and others think that it comes from the inner parts of each person.

We all have different ideas and some can differ others, yet there are things many people will have related even though their ideas of morality are different.

So in the end everything depends on perspective and respect with eachotherīs ideas

thats what I think
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

For me morality is entirely internal. So many societies agree on the same principles and where there isn't an agreement, civil unrest ensues from within the more restrictive/harmful/unfair societies. Most people want to do that which maximizes happiness and/or minimizes pain and suffering. If society determined morals then slavery would still be acceptable in much of the world. We see humanitarian sympathy/empathy for the worse off in all societies, which has doomed slavery as a mainstream global practice, being confined to the outskirts of societies and pockets here and there. This wouldn't happen if morals were societal or fictitious relics.

Comment

ahh religion, one of the biggest debated subjects in out incredibly aged planet

Spoiler:

Comment

Indeed

Comment

I want to post, but I don't understand whats going on...

Comment

we were talking about how people see morality and more subjects can come in, just respect what people write and if you are going to write, donīt be rude because we all have our perspectives

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Keychain View Post
                        this.
                        Never mind, Ignore me, I missed it in the OP.
                        Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
                        "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Working...
                        X