Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! Another Touhou fan!

Hi guys,
    I decided to register here because this forum is a combination of what i love the most in my life.
    "Minecraft and Touhou".

I couldn't ask for anything better <3

I'm Italian and my english is very basic so I apologise in advance for my bad English but i hope i'll enjoy the community anyway.
    (Please feel free to correct me, it allow me to learn much better this amazing language )

My favorite character is Cirno for some reason... maybe because of her ability to freeze things up or maybe for her being a "blue fairy"
    (One of my favorite colors) ...or because she is totally stupid XD.
    There are also other characters that i love but the list is... pretty long
    Well Reimu FTW! ...but Flandre is my N°1 fav of all time. ...sorry my dear Remilia. (I love you too anyway XD)

Now I'll be honest, I didn't "finished" a single "modern" Touhou game yet because as you all know is pretty difficult.
    I just completed Touhou 2 The story of eastern wonderland from the "Retro era" and with a Bad Ending of course.
    It was painful :'(
    (Not the bad ending but "complete the game" XD)

I just skipped the "Retro era" and now i'll start to complete from the "classic era" till to the very end of the series so that i can finally call my self a "Touhou Fan!" YAY!
    In my free time i just build houses with a custom Resorcepack called "Nagareru 1.6x" and with the Reimu skin made by "setomu@yuly" from Pixiv which is pretty cool. (The whole pack of Touhou skins is amazing to me).
    I wish to post the link but i don't wanna break any rule of the forum so if it is possible it would be a pleasure to post it.

I hope that we will get along well
    Last edited by Im_the_strongest; 10-23-2013, 04:31 AM.

NEW BLOOD!!

We've been expecting you~

Not.

Anyway, don't worry about screwing up the English. It's the internet. Only Grammar Nazis care.
    (also I must say...it's been awhile since I've seen number 1 written like that...it's kinda refreshing.)

And also there's no rules against linking those things.

And now I'll go on about the days I wished I lived in Italy cause of the food (*q*)

Comment

Cirno is NOT totally stupid, that's a fandom myth, in fact, she's quite smart for a fairy.

In any case, my ranting aside, welcome to the forum.
      "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...

Comment

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
        NEW BLOOD!!

We've been expecting you~

Not.

Anyway, don't worry about screwing up the English. It's the internet. Only Grammar Nazis care.
        (also I must say...it's been awhile since I've seen number 1 written like that...it's kinda refreshing.)

And also there's no rules against linking those things.

And now I'll go on about the days I wished I lived in Italy cause of the food (*q*)
        Thankyou!

Okay i'll link the Skin as i promised i just need to know where exactly.

Originally posted by Nastenary View Post
        Cirno is NOT totally stupid, that's a fandom myth, in fact, she's quite smart for a fairy.

Oh well, she is still awesome to me anyway.
        Thanks a bunch for the info and the welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Im_the_strongest View Post
          Oh well, she is still awesome to me anyway.
          Thanks a bunch for the info and the welcome
          Yes, Cirno is indeed awesome, I agree on that fact, and no problem, I hope you enjoy it around here.
          "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...

Comment

Originally posted by Nastenary View Post

Well, not really. She's still quite stupid, and is quite noticeable in Hisoutensoku. Oh, and welcome to the forums new fella.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Quite stupid maybe, but I think this is more about canon Cirno vs. fandom Cirno. Fandom Cirno is incredibly stupid, not being able to do anything, while canon Cirno is mostly just very, very childish. In canon, while still not very smart, she does show that she can read, and do (basic) math. She just has a lot of personality traits that fit a small child. (Being naive, quickly changing emotions and ideas, and not having a very good memory) She also happens to be a fairy, which are shown not to be the brightest minds in Gensokyo too.

That's my opinion anyway.

Originally posted by Cucoo5 View Post
                Grammar Nazis
                I don't think you should worry too much about that. As long as your posts are readable, there shouldn't be a problem.
                And I'm just posting this because I usually am a bit of a grammar nazi too; although that mostly pertains to people that talk in abbreviations only and put smilies after every sentence liekz thees.
                Just try to practice your English and you'll get there eventually. It's not that hard of a language in my opinion, and you seem to have gotten the hang of it already.

But enough about me getting off-topic; welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the server & forums, Im_the_strongest!
                  Have fun and remember to take it easy~

Also trust me...
                  Originally posted by Nitori_Kawashiro View Post
                  I usually am a bit of a grammar nazi too;
                  I know him irl, so I know he's not joking... DX (no offense, Nitori)
                  Last edited by 99465; 10-22-2013, 01:49 PM.
                  Originally posted by Mogeko
                  Yummy prosciutto! Praise be to prosciutto!
                  Originally posted by Lord Prosciutto
                  Praise be to prosciutto.
                  ..... I forgive the sin of all Mogeko.
                  Release the Yukkuri:

Comment

Originally posted by Mima View Post
                    Well, not really. She's still quite stupid, and is quite noticeable in Hisoutensoku. Oh, and welcome to the forums new fella.
                    Originally posted by S121 View Post
                    Welcome to the Forum!
                    Thank you guys! I really appreiciate

Quite stupid maybe, but I think this is more about canon Cirno vs. fandom Cirno. Fandom Cirno is incredibly stupid, not being able to do anything, while canon Cirno is mostly just very, very childish. In canon, while still not very smart, she does show that she can read, and do (basic) math. She just has a lot of personality traits that fit a small child. (Being naive, quickly changing emotions and ideas, and not having a very good memory) She also happens to be a fairy, which are shown not to be the brightest minds in Gensokyo too.

That's my opinion anyway.
                    There there! I love the childish one! The canon Cirno! I meant that one! You totally hit the point.
                    Being too much of an idiot might be pretty annoying in fact.
                    Thank you for all the information, now i have a clear idea of what i love in that character. (More precisely)

Maybe this is a bit silly but this kind of info helps me a lot for my next project about "Minecraft+Touhou"
                    I will draw a manga called [The mad hatter's club (temporary name)]
                    Anyway this project is still ..."under construction(??)" I don't know how to say it...
                    ...so i will post it on this site after hours of Touhou's game-play (Maybe weeks or months ...or centuries) just for make a good culture of it.
                    So thanks a lot to all of you guys!

I don't think you should worry too much about that. As long as your posts are readable, there shouldn't be a problem.
                    And I'm just posting this because I usually am a bit of a grammar nazi too; although that mostly pertains to people that talk in abbreviations only and put smilies after every sentence liekz thees.
                    Just try to practice your English and you'll get there eventually. It's not that hard of a language in my opinion, and you seem to have gotten the hang of it already.

But enough about me getting off-topic; welcome to the forum!
                    I have the same opinion about the abbreviations but i'll try to use less emoticons as I can. ...

Originally posted by 99465 View Post
                    Welcome to the server & forums, Im_the_strongest!
                    Have fun and remember to take it easy~

Also trust me...

I know him irl, so I know he's not joking... DX (no offense, Nitori)
                    Thank you but now I'm bit scared of Nitori right now. XD

Comment

Nitori stop bullying this poor child.
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Im_the_strongest View Post
                        Thank you but now I'm bit scared of Nitori right now. XD
                        Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                        Nitori stop bullying this poor child.
                        And I'm not even putting on my scary face...

Comment

Welcome to the server. It's awesome to see people from other countries loving Touhou. It's pretty hard to find out about it independently outside of Japan, let alone outside of Japan or the U.S.

My personal favorite character is Marisa, because she likes to taunt her opponents before battling them (yeah, that may seem like a strange reason, but I love it when characters do that), but they're all awesome.

It's okay to love Touhou without playing all the games through, after all, they are insanely hard games.

Yes, "under construction" is how you say that in English. "A work in progress" works too.

I hope your manga turns out well! Don't rush it.

But I do have one simple request of you. I ask that you PLEASE.

Not fly off the handle whenever somebody says a bad word. I know one guy from Portugal (yes, I know it's a different country, but same religion) who, whenever somebody said a bad word (by which he included anything like "idiot" or "stupid"), said that that word hurt the hearts of us all and that God would punish whoever said that word if he/she said it again, and would go on this long, angry rant about it. I met him on a Pokémon forum and, ever since I stopped talking to him, have never touched anything Pokémon, he left such a bad taste in my mouth about it.

And if you don't understand something somebody says in English, the best thing for you to do is look it up on Google. We say a lot of weird things like "jump the shark" or "take the cake."

Don't let cucoo5 scare you.

Keychain always seems to say something depressive (I'm a native English speaker, and even I don't know the exact word for Keychain's personality) on every topic.

Remilia_Scarlet is big boss around here, but she's pretty friendly and nice... usually. Still, I'm always honored to be in her presence.

Anyway, have fun and take it easy, Im_the_strongest!
                          Originally posted by JesusOfNazareth
                          Render unto Caesar those things which are Caesar's, and unto God those things which are God's.
                          And unto the doctor those which are the doctor's, and unto the hearth those which are the hearth's, and unto love those which are love's, and unto thyself those which are thine own... and unto Touhou... well, pretty much anything, really.

Comment

@ Bathead

wut did I sayz that would be scariez? o3o;
                            When I said things bout Grammar Nazis (Starts sharpening sword for Nitori~<3) I meant that you won't find any here...well none that would do anything of the like. TBH this community is so small that we don't care bout such things.
                            Besides,
                            as I said: It's the internet. we don't care. If anything, on the internet such "butchering" of the language is commonplace for the sake of comedy. Don't worry, we nice peoplez. =^.^= (Still sharpening sword for Nitori)

EDIT: In case of misinterpretation: assume the overall tone carries forward for this. in otherwords: I'm joking around here.
                            And that's also commonplace. It's the internet: take things with, as the saying goes, a grain of salt. First consider the possibility that the person is kidding then see if they might be serious in some way. NEVER GO THE OTHERWAY. That's how ya get burned on the internet. I should know...I've been there.
                            Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-22-2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

@Cucoo

That's actually one of the reasons I use this face so much. --->

It shows that I'm being light-hearted and that I shouldn't be taken seriously. I usually use it for sentences that might come off as mean.

Originally posted by Nitori_Kawashiro
                              Uh oh, I don't think Nitori is going to like me very much. 0_0;

Originally posted by Nastenary
                              Keychain always seems to say something depressive (I'm a native English speaker, and even I don't know the exact word for Keychain's personality) on every topic.
                              I think the correct term is called "being frank". In other words, speaking frankly about a particular situation.
                              Last edited by S121; 10-22-2013, 05:00 PM.
                              Originally posted by S121
                              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X