Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually... I think I solved the time travel "knowledge carried over" due to the limitations by the beast of time. They wouldn't use it often...if at all. However Aetheron is blinded later so he might have tried that...

Also Revere is killed so Aion's time travel is a one-way trip so can't do much there.

As for perspectives, considering the fact that the two groups are attempting to achieve different goals to a degree using the same situation, they might have differing sets of "knowledge" on what's going on.

...tbh I think I should write this first book part that takes place in Era of the Dawn. Once I establish those events the rest should follow...

...still need to decide on a subtitle for the part.

Sent from my Bad Apple!! iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What's the premise of the first book, besides the Caeles? That themes does it have?
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

It's target themes is the introduction of Aion and the others that I just mentioned. It focuses on the Prometheos and Arcains and their lifestyles during the beginnings of the Arcain Revolt. It introduces the Gaia Computer and the premise of the Caeles however it doesn't delve too far into the Caeles aspects. It ends with the second Phoenix incident, which in perspective of the characters, is the first time.

Comment

@Cucoo

Damn... that is a hard one... 0-e;
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

I've been trying to think on using something relating to beginnings since that's sort of the context... Can't use "Origins" though cause it isn't. That would be era of the void.

Maybe something related to Dawn...

Comment

@Cucoo

Dawn of the Timemaster?
              sigpic

Comment

Eh...it sounds strange to me which means it might work.

...actually...
                Aurora in latin means Dawn...

Comment

I don't know what just happened but I've discovered a sort of flow in writing and I'm "painting" the first chapter of the book in ways I didn't know I could...

Here's a bit of what I'm doing. I don't have a prologue... and I might not need it...
                  I'll update this as I go. I'm still going, I've had this sudden realization on how I wanted to write the beginning and this is it.

Also I looked at what I had for subtitles and... I might go with Light's Shadow until something else comes up.

Chapter 1
                  A grey overcast hung over the expanses of Dual City. A man cloaked in black made his way through the maze of streets, his stride exuding strength and confidence. His face wore wisdom of ages past yet looked no older than a man in his mid-twenties. A scar was faintly visible across his face, seemingly pointing to the point from where black streak originated among his silvery blonde hair. His crimson red eyes bore a fierce passion that made most quickly look away. He was of noble blood, his name: Aion Leonares; Lord of the Manor of Eternity and High Master of Time. A man of Promethean blood, one that has seen tens of thousands of years, yet was still young in the face of time. Bearing the gift to command the very entity of time, he was the fascination of numerous nobles, as well as the fear of most. Yet he had little interest in politics as most of his years he had spent training to become the High Master of Time, leaving him with little in terms of other experiences.
                  Aion rounded a corner and stopped a moment in front of the gates leading to the path to his home. He turned to see where he was as if it was the first time he had walked this way. It was an open square bustling with civilians and nobles alike. A beautifully carved fountain dominated the center surrounded by gorgeous gardens with intricate stonework. It was Arcain in design, made by servants long ago. A subtle beauty that most Promethean nobles merely gloss over in their hurried glances, he took the time to admire it until rain came down causing the crowds in the square to hush about or open umbrellas and thus obstructed his view of the fountain. Left again to other thoughts, Aion pulled up his hood and made his way through the gate heading to the Manor of Eternity.

The Manor of Eternity is an exceptionally large structure and would be almost better suited to be called a fortress. The cathedral-like building stood proud in the city skyline, its entrance hall overlooking vast yards and gardens. Arcain servants that had been tending the gardens scurried in for shelter against the deluge. Aetheron watched from the ornate stained glass window that dominates the front of the Manor. He was leaning against the railing of the catwalk hidden among the artistic mechanisms of a special clock that hid behind the ornate glass. Once he saw Aion approaching, he made his to his brother’s room.
                  A group of gentlemen were waiting in the foyer for Aion’s return. They were business men wearing their traditional suits and carrying large briefcases. The very air about them seemed to smell of money and politics, for they held great influence among most nobles, save for Aion. “Ah! Master Leonares!”
                  “…Gentlemen, you have picked a poor hour to seek my council as I am quite weary and have little patience left today.”
                  “Understood, sir, we’ll be but a moment.”
                  “And a moment is all you shall have. What do you want?”
                  “To start, it has come to our attention that you have quite a large hold in the Corlaviri Mines. We are here to ask if you would be interested in parting with a portion of your hold. We would compensate handsomely, of course…” One of the other men of shorter stature presented Aion with a binder.
                  “You want access to the mines?” Aion responded, glancing through the paperwork of the proposition. “Sorry to say, sirs, but I have no jurisdiction in matters concerning the mines.”
                  “Hm? Then who does?” The spokesperson asked with a puzzled look.
                  “Nyx.” Aion answered brusquely, closing the binder and handing it back.
                  “Lady Nyx? Your…”
                  “Mother, yes. If you have business with the mines, you should seek an audience with her.” Irritation started to surface in Aion’s voice as he started to turn and gesture for one of his servants to see the men out. “Now if you have no further business here-”
                  “Wait-! W-where could we find the fair Lady?”
                  “You won’t find her. She’ll find you. Now, good day.”
                  “But- It is imperative that we-!”
                  “Good. Day.” Aion said with finality.
                  “Now now, Aion dear, is that anyway to treat our guests?” The voice of a woman echoed over from the other side of the entrance hall.
                  “Lady Nyx!” The business men called out.
                  Nyx Leonares was a woman of many mysteries. Even her own son knew little of her and her past. There were many rumors about her circulating in the city. Often they would refer to her as the elusive beauty of the Manor of Eternity, which is fairly accurate. She is rarely seen outside of formal occasions and direct business dealings, and even then she would seemingly disappear into the shadows. She now stood before the group; her jet-black, shoulder-length hair shimmered in the light. Her eyes were a sharp blue that seemed to pierce the soul of anyone they gazed upon. When she spoke, a chill went down the men’s spine, for her voice could only be described as hauntingly beautiful, the very same description one would use to illustrate her physical appearance.
                  “You wish to negotiate a deal for access to the mines, correct?”
                  “Yes, ma’am.”
                  “Very well… What do you have to offer?”
                  At this point, Aion slipped away to the dining hall, his interest in the subject faded as he pulled up a chair to the great table that dominated the room. Weariness overcame him as a wave of exhaustion. His earlier trip to the Temple of Venturia tested his patience to no end. The religious leaders had summoned him about matters he wish he had no part. As he reflected tiredly upon the day’s events, a familiar voice greeted his ears.
                  “Tired, milord?”
                  Aion looked up to see a beautiful Arcain woman standing in the doorway. Tina served the Leonares family as a maid as well as Aion’s childhood friend.

Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-11-2015, 12:54 AM.

Comment

note for later possible reference.

(For S1: Image contains the text "I was born without claws, without fangs, without scales. So I forged them in fire and crafted them of steel.")

will post another book update tomorrow. So far I've found a nice pace, I'm introducing characters and describing them as they become relevant. I'm not certain where I'm going with this beginning. I've already introduced things about the mines... not certain how to go from there. The mines... I've never really considered them a major point in this part... Not certain what situations could arise with them...
                    Last edited by Cucoo5; 01-11-2015, 12:51 AM.

Comment

fffffuuuuuuuuuu
                      lost my momentum
                      The Corlaviri Mines are starting to become a problem. Need some ideas on what scenarios could be done with them... Need something that would spark underhanded political maneuvering.

Currently I got the following:
                      Leonares Family, for all extensive purposes, owns the Corlaviri Mines... or at least most of them.
                      Now we already know the true reason of this: Nyx is Venturia and she is trying to upgrade the Gaia Computer to deal with the Void. However... no one knows that yet in the story... Currently anyone would see the Leonares family just using Corlaviri to upgrade the mansion.
                      ...and that plus the whole spirit-infusing-to-corlaviri-via-blood thing might explain how Tina became a part of the Gaia computer when she died within the premises of the Manor... but that's another point...
                      ...need reasons why people want to control the Corlaviri Mines... and therefore establish what would be controversial about it all...

Comment

@Cucoo

Well, they are Aura Crystals, and as such, they would have value. Perhaps the crystals found within this mine are more potent than others. Perhaps enough so to create Nova Engines and the like.

What are your thoughts?
                        sigpic

Comment

...More potent... That would help...
                          And I keep forgetting... The Gaia Computer is known, and I think everyone would want it.
                          And thats where everyone sees the Leonares Family as an obstacle.
                          ...perhaps attempting to "take away" the mines is a means to try and get "backdoor access" to the Gaia Computer...? I don 't think that would make sense...

Comment

I want to touch on Demonarcs again... because the unnamed demonarc in the RP that I've been using in the Shrine of Seasons is starting to pique my interest.

Ok what I think I have going on now:
                            - Demonarcs are the result of Arcains delving further down the path of power. An explanation to this is that they're sacrificing themselves further towards Gaia or Aura energy... which could explain the Demonarc Umbras not necessarily having one form.
                            - Demonarc Umbras are shapeshifters and tricksters. I don't know how much of their former selves they retain. So far I know that they lose their name/identity. I might have their personalities somewhat remain... which means the Demonarc Umbra in the shrine is unique.
                            - Demonarc Umbras have a neutral form which looks like a shadowy demon.
                            - The other "superior" Demonarcs, such as Bia and Arachnae, may also retain some form of their past selves...

Comment

Hmm.. Interesting

Are they just one of the many races of the galaxy or they are creatures who enjoy defeating others?
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

they're sub-races to Arcains.
                                It's like a hierarchy where Arcain is the primary race, which then divides out to Lumarcs and Noxarcs, both of which are not that different in appearance, and then Noxarc leads into Demonarc.

Demonarcs are supposed to be more a corrupted person. With the Umbras, they lose their identity for the sake of power. Bia is sacrificing their humanoid form and become powerful beasts. Arachnae are similar to bia except they have greater... intelligence... though they become massive spider-like creatures.

Comment

Working...
                                X