Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Touhous lived in the Game of Thrones universe?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if Touhous lived in the Game of Thrones universe?

(I wasn't sure what topic to put this thread under. It contained both Touhou and non-Touhou topics, and Game of Thrones isn't exactly a video game. I ultimately decided this was the best place to put it.)

So, a few months before I got into Touhou, I was watching a friend troll a site called Slow Robot, and one of his "favorite" memes was a string of book covers all entitled "House Skywalker" or "House Wayne" or "House Baggins" or something along those lines, subtitled with a corresponding slogan like, in those cases, "Strong with the Force" or "Swear to me" or "There and back again," with a corresponding silhouette image below the subtitle, and with the Game of Thrones logo at the bottom. Later, I was recalling that meme and decided to troll Slow Robot myself to find it, and there turned out to be fifteen covers in total and the title of the whole meme was "If superhero movies lived in the game of thrones world."

Now that I'm into Touhou, I was listening to the house sets and the word "House" accompanied by the title, like "Koumakan Set" or "Ayakashi Set" or "Eientewi Set," again reminded me of that meme. So I set out to make a Touhou version, as per Rule ➈. I've got some houses planned out:

House Hakurei
    House Kirisame
    House Koumakan
    House Ayakashi
    House Eientewi
    House Muenzuka
    House Moriya
    House Chireiden
    House Myorenji
    House Daishibyo

However, I need help thinking of slogans and silhouette images. You guys can post your ideas in the thread below, and you get a cookie for each idea of yours that wins!
    Originally posted by JesusOfNazareth
    Render unto Caesar those things which are Caesar's, and unto God those things which are God's.
    And unto the doctor those which are the doctor's, and unto the hearth those which are the hearth's, and unto love those which are love's, and unto thyself those which are thine own... and unto Touhou... well, pretty much anything, really.

It would be more like Eiyashou and Fuujinroku and Seirensen. The House set names are not really the actually romanized japanese names for the games.
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

If anyone's curious as to the original format, here's the original meme:

http://slowrobot.com/i/45650

Not by me, I just want to make a new version.
      Render unto Caesar those things which are Caesar's, and unto God those things which are God's.
      And unto the doctor those which are the doctor's, and unto the hearth those which are the hearth's, and unto love those which are love's, and unto thyself those which are thine own... and unto Touhou... well, pretty much anything, really.

Comment

kyeheheheheh....

House Hakurei
        Forever Poor

House Kirisame
        ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!

House Moriya
        This is not a Moriya Shrine conspiracy.

Comment

Good job! Can you think of any others?

Comment

Honestly, anything beyond that is a grey area in my knowledge *puts on patchy hat*
            pretty much, I'm more a fan of the music with a basic knowledge of everything about the characters, as in who they are and some of the trivia. other than that...that's it.

Comment

I actually haven't seen Game of Thrones. Give me the basic plot and I can make magic happen.
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

@ Cucoo: Well I'm in pretty much the same position as you.

@ Wriggle: If the meme I forwarded, as well as a good amount of Touhou knowledge, isn't sufficient, I don't know what is.

Comment

Huh.

So it's just another family faction stuff.

Okay, let the miracles be made!

House Eiyashou
                  The Impossible Requests... How many can you fulfill?

House Chireiden
                  Sleep with trauma that will wake you up!

House Seirensen
                  O the world is filled with Dharma of light

House Shinreibyou
                  Harmony is to be valued
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Thank you for all your great suggestions. I will be sure to credit both of you (Cucoo5, WriggleRid3r) whenever I make these. If anyone else thinks of ideas, I'm still open to suggestions.

Comment

Well, it's funny you should mention all this: Someone referred me to this subject, and I'd like to mentione... I've already written a scenario like this. 54 chapters of it, I might add.

Check it out here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9543149/1/Game-of-Touhou

Comment

Ah, and another thing, you may want the sigils and mottos:

http://duwee-davisii.deviantart.com/gallery/45627689

Comment

Working...
                        X