X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anime/Manga Recommendations

Since we have a lot of young Yukkuris around, I thought I'd open this thread so that they might find some more stuff that eats away at their childhood.

Please do add Genres and maybe a Cover if possible.

Bakemonogatari - Anime/Light Novel - Mystery, Supernatural, School, Romance

cover-bakemon-full.jpg

Death Note - Anime/Manga/Movie/LN and more - Thriller, Mystery, Drama

Which side will you choose?

Seto no Hanayome - Anime/Manga - Comedy, Romance, School

setonohanayome002ae8.jpg

That's it for now.
    Please do be considered that other people might want to recommend some as well.

Smoke Weed Everyday

Bleach. Can't live a good life without watching or reading Bleach. And Naruto too.

Comment

When I finish a anime series that I really like, I usually read the manga version of it.
      Which at the moment i'm reading: Soul Eater (and Soul Eater Not), A certain Scientific Railgun, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica
      sigpic

Comment

hm.. lets see (jumps to internet)

Saber marionette J: Both anime and manga/ sci-fi, mecha, comedy and awesome

Chibi Vampire: both anime and manga (the manga is better ^^)/ upernatural, comedy, romance

Psyren: manga/ psycological, adventure, fantasy action
        Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The ones I really liked:

Kekkaishi : Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen, Supernatural

Flame of Recca : Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Shounen

Magician : Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance

Magi : Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Shounen

Currently I'm following 62 manga, and have finished 28.
          Last edited by BlockCat; 07-10-2013, 03:34 PM.

Comment

I recommend Boku No pico, I have no link for it, but it's a very VERY good anime. 10/10

Comment

eh.. there are gazillion images of that show and it destroyed many people´s minds >_>

but I suggest you to read Sasameki Koto

Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Oh and Casshern's sins.

Comment

Seitokai no Ichizon - Anime/LN - Slice of Life, School, Comedy, Parody, Harem (Don't get this tag wrong now)

It's harem in the sense of multiple female characters, not so-many-girls-are-in-love-with-this-one-character.

Mars of Destruction - Anime ONA - best anime evur, horror (read: comedy), sci-fi

i cried when blue haired girl had her head shot off. her death had to be confirmed by the doctor. i mean, it's completely normal for a human being to have their head blown off and still live, right?
                  Last edited by Tenko; 07-11-2013, 03:46 PM.
                  My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
                  Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Cage of Eden was also quite fun to read.

Comment

For the animes I'd recommend Ghost in the Shell SAC/2ng Gig, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop, Higurashi no Naku, and Nichijou (I don't really keep track of genre, I just know what I like/dislike). For anime films I definitely recommend The Girl who Lept Through Time.
                      In manga I'd suggest Yotsuba&! and The Daily Lives of High School Boys. I believe Bomber Grape is the artist behind the latter so if you like his style you'd like his Touhou mangas using Google to find them.
                      Last edited by Fettman501; 07-18-2013, 03:24 AM.
                      The way these youkai are swarming, one might think we weren't welcome!

Comment

I second bakemonogatari. I also encourage anime-beginners to set up a MyAnimeList account and occasionally check http://sma.keyanifans.com/v3/ for automated recommendations based on your account.

Comment

I was originally recommend Seto no Hanayome myself, but when I saw that the creator of this thread had listed it in the opening post I was quite surprised.

I would also recommend Shiki:
                          (best picture I can find to represent this Anime.)
                          Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

I'd recommend reading Oyasumi Punpun if you enjoy crying a fucking lot

Comment

If you want some action with random comedy, here you go: One-punch man

Or if you would like to read a french comic that is also good: Freak squeele, it is already translated in english

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X