X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zelda

Suprised nobody started this thread, any zelda fans out there?

*raises hand*
    Originally posted by S121
    Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
    sigpic

Comment

As owner of at least one copy of each major title of the series and the one who has played all and completed all except the first 2 Zelda games and having went out one Halloween when I was much younger as Link with a homemade Hylian Shield, Tunic, and Cap and now a critic of the series somewhat downhill decline that has effectively started since the LoZ: TP and have also gone to the Symphony of the Goddess once and a LoZ ringtone on my phone and desktop background on my computer...
      I do believe I am a Zelda fan.

Comment

Ocarina of time was probably when they really peaked, and i own a copy of all zeldas bescides the ones with toon link, never liked toon link

Comment

gotta love the classics

Comment

OoT was definitely the one to define the series as we know it, but I personally look to MM and WW as two of the biggest ones in the series.
            Both had excellent story. The reason I'm not saying OoT had it as much is cause after I replayed it...I picked up on certain things that kind of made it feel shallow...It's weird as heck for me that after I played the game that was my first Zelda game ever...it just didn't feel as epic. Then I replayed MM and it felt massive in comparison, I can't figure it out o.o; Is it because of MM's darker theme? Idk...
            WW is the one that is massive if you tried to do everything. Massive world map was what stood out.
            LttP is the one classic that I would say defines the history of the story perfectly.
            TP felt cinematic and had gorgeous visuals, but lacked puzzles (or I'm now savvy on every trick the developers throw at me...)
            ST is an abomination where the best part was the ending. No, seriously, I loved the Final Boss and the one guy that I forgot his name that had the claw and sacrificed himself at the end...the rest of the game was far too linear...but that ending was glorious...
            SS was redemption after TP and ST. Puzzles and challenges galore. Story was lack luster, too cliché imo, and the map felt linear.
            PH, despite popular belief, actually had good mechanics and story. Not the best hand-held but a good sequel for WW.
            The Oracle series, OoA and OoS...were...epic. Story and mechanics all felt good.
            LA had an interesting story that honestly had a bizarre ending and had diamond-in-the-rough mechanics that were refined in OoA and OoS.
            MC...It's like PH to me. Great puzzles and a good prequel for the FS series.
            FSA (because I didn't really see a story in FS in of itself) was quite good. It is obvious it was designed to be a multiplayer Zelda yet it had strong singleplayer mechanics. Story was actually decent.
            The first 2 are the gems. AoL is crazy hard but good...and LoZ is that game where you can get lost but if ya learn what to do it then becomes really straight forward. have yet to beat these 2.

....I feel like I'm forgetting some off the top of my head yet not at the same time...

Comment

TP was way too easy. I think it was the lack of puzzels. Oh and MM is my favorite.

Comment

I'm not a huge Zelda fan, but I do enjoy playing the games.
                sigpic

Comment

I have the limited edition Zelda e-shop game on my Ds... I haven't played many Zelda games but I WANT to.

Comment

I love zelda games, some may nt have the best puzzles, but they hace the best stories

my favorite is Twilight Princess, its story was one of the best in my opinion

That and Im waiting for december for the Symphony of the godesses ^^
                    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by ~Cirno~ View Post
                      I have the limited edition Zelda e-shop game on my Ds... I haven't played many Zelda games but I WANT to.
                      The FS (Four Swords) remake one?
                      Ya that was a nice one to make FS playable as a stand alone...
                      but still...
                      I would recommend if you have 3DS, get OoA and OoS (The Oracle series, you must get both or it just ain't the same...) Those two would be a good intro for ya.
                      If ya have a Wii...look for Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time in the virtual console. Then after you beat those consider Link to the Past which is also on the Wii's virtual console.

There's a method to the madness.

Comment

Your avatar is my wallpaper, Yuuka
                        and I have no idea why

because the red string of fate hath brought us together
                        Gensokyo's Loudest Monk

Comment

I actually just finished playing WWHD (twice.)
                          They've done an excellent job streamlining the game
                          and I love that Hero Mode gives the game's two Final Bosses some real challenge.
                          (Names omitted for the sake of spoilers.)

Cucoo: The claw guy in ST is named Byrne.
                          And hearing you complain about it makes me want to replay it. ^.^

Comment

What impressed me is that Majora´s mask was made in less than one year and is one of the deepest themed stories in the franchise
                            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@ MegaMooseJam

Haha, ya...I have that effect :P
                              But ya, ST...it kinda limited the exploration aspect by having everything done by train...with PH you could at least go about however ya wished. It was that feeling of the lack of freedom that really killed it for me. Some of the puzzles were ok, but the hints were too...revealing. And with the ability to write things out on the map...It just got too easy.

@ Kristia
                              MM was definitely better in the overall story because of the way they made it. Because they just took everything from OoT and just redid the map and some character models, there wasn't too much to do so they focused more on the story it felt like. And the end result was epic, especially with all the side quests happening and the one game mechanic of having the 3 days...it really added to it something incredible, cause you could not do everything during the three days.

Comment

Working...
                              X