Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm mostly influenced by Umineko no naku koro ni universe, where plot twist is the master word =)
    sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

I'm starting to think that everything is linked together by subconscious ties...

And plot twists are always awesome. Majora's Mask has one big one...and it is wickedly subtle one where once you realize what it is, you sh*t bricks.

Comment

Plot twist are a must that we don't see anymore or really rarely now in video games.
        sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

mass effect has nice plot twist

Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Would be awsome to get plot twist in a Zelda game
            sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

...so the LoZ: WW plot twist of
              Tetra being Zelda
              not count?

I mean, back in 2003, I didn't see it comin o3o;

Comment

Well she had something special from the beginning and had a crush for Link so you
                had a little hint. But it's not a really big plot twist I think.
                We need something more powerfull, like in code gease for exemple.
                sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

Sorry, but I think Tetra being Zelda was a fine plot twist.
                  A twist without a hint of foreshadowing is just random and bad writing, in my opinion.

And it's not like the series is without any twists;
                  hell having a plot twist, major or not, is more or less a rule of story-telling.

☢CAUTION☢ ☢CAUTION☢
                  It's about to get a little spoilery for those who haven't played most of the games;

A Link to the Past: Aghanim is Ganon
                  Ocarina of Time: Link is not a Kokiri
                  Majora's Mask: Skull Kid is not the real bad guy
                  Wind Waker: Tetra is Zelda. King of Red Lions is King Hyrule.
                  Twilight Princess: Zant's power comes from Ganondorf
                  Skyward Sword: Zelda is the goddess Hylia. Ghirahim is Demise's Dark Master Sword.

I realize that these seem pretty obvious, but you gotta remember that hindsight makes pretty much any twist seem like that.
                  And trying to compare Zelda to anything written by Ryukishi07 is just asking for a headache.
                  That guy throws in more twists per story arc than an M. Night Shyamalan marathon.

Again, this is just how I feel about it. ^_^

Comment

@ Megamoose

Thank ye so much for listing those TwT I can't believe I overlooked OoT's "Link is not a Kokiri" deal and some of the others aside from LttP and TP

Oh wait
                    I got the ultimate one

Link x Zelda actually happening?
                    ST's ending.
                    "WTF?!?! WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!?" <- Initial reaction

Comment

Spirit Tracks really did go all out in strengthening Link and Zelda's bond, didn't it?
                      Sadly, I feel like that's the last we'll see of New Hyrule, so I dont' think Nintendo is ever gonna flush out that particular L&Z's relationship.
                      Who knows though? The big N can be a little unpredictable at times.

Skyward Sword shipped them a bit too. Heck they may have helped a great deal with the repopulation of Hyrule at the end. (If you know what I mean.)
                      Though them being an actual couple seems a tad farfetched since in future eras the "Royal" and "Knight" lines are separate.

Comment

Aye...
                        The possible Adam and Eve concept...

...and that's the next contradiction of the entire thing for it.

anyway~

Comment

And what about the relationship betweeb Midna and Link in TP?

There were big hints about it

SPOILERS HERE

When she explains the truth in the desert and caress his cheek

How link tried to save her after being infused with light powers

Link's reactions in both the times when Midna teleported him and Zelda out of the castle to sacrifice and them his anger when Ganonforf broke the helmet

when she came back, link gad a face of almost tears of joy

And the final srntence before leaving "Link I.. See you later"

A romance heavily hinted for both of them
                          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

DISCUSSION OF KRISTIA'S SPOILERS HERE

I think the only romantic feelings Link had for anyone in TP (if he had any at all) were for Ilia.
                            I'm under the impression that him and Midna were just really good friends by the end of the game.
                            You don't have to be in love with someone to be sad when they die, after all.

And on Midna's side of it, I believe she's just a very flirtatious person.
                            And even if she did harbor feelings for Link, we all know how their situation ends.
                            As little bit of trivia: Apparently, Midna's "Link... I... See you later" was closer to "Link... see... see you" in Japanese. (Link... ma... matana)

Comment

Hm.. I think of Ilia more as a childhood friendship with growing love

On Midna's case, she acts first as dominant person who then shows herself

They both have the hints

But those are the things I think from my point of view
                              Last edited by Kristia; 10-18-2013, 02:01 PM.

Spoiler:

Comment

These twist might be twist but what I meant was more about something that drastically change
                                the next of the story and your perception of it.
                                sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

Working...
                                X