• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or just... You know... Pokemon Showdown
    sigpic
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Nitori_Kawashiro View Post
      But I never bought a game because title legendary since Pearl...
      I see. Well, the X exclusive Megas, I think, have better typings then their Y counterparts. Fire/Dragon is a bit better than Fire/Flying, because it is neutrally affected by Ice & Fairy, & only has a 2x weakness to the dreaded Rock. As for Psychic/Fighting, that is very good, both offensively & defensively. It is arguably the biggest reason why Gallade outranked Gardevoir, & having the typing on Mewtwo is beastly. I wouldn't want to face that. All in all, Mega Charizard X will be a bit higher than Mega Charizard Y, & Mega Mewtwo X will be a better Uber than Mega Mewtwo Y. Get X.
      No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

i don't have either yet, but i'm getting Y for christmas. no real reason :B
        beware of passive-aggressive sign language

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
          Or just... You know... Pokemon Showdown
          If said one of multiple reasons; it's not the only one.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitori_Kawashiro View Post
            I'd like to know your reaction after being swept by Xerneas+Power Herb though...
            Whats that? :/

Comment

Power Herb is a single-use hold item that skips the charge in moves like Bounce, Fly, Sky Attack, Solar Beam and etc.
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by WriggleRid3r View Post
                Power Herb is a single-use hold item that skips the charge in moves like Bounce, Fly, Sky Attack, Solar Beam and etc.
                In that case, im done for xD

Comment

What are your favourite Pokemon to use in each game's singleplayer?

Me personally, I like strong Pokemon, Water-type starters, & Flying-types that learn Fly (Some, like Gyarados & Jumpluff, can't Fly.)

Rules & Guidelines

1.) Only Pokemon that can be caught in the game you're describing. Before the postgame.
                  2.) If a Pokemon's line is split, specify which final evolution you like more.
                  3.) Please use game logic. Don't choose a Pokemon because of it's role in other media, i.e. Anime, Manga, TCG.

So, what are your favourites, Yukkuricraft?
                  No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

That really depends on the game.

If I start a game for the first time, I usually build a team from early game Pokemon, with a variety of types and possibilities.
                    For instance in Pokemon Pearl, the team I beat the champion with consisted of Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, Palkia (random fodder before I got this one), and two random Pokemon I used depending on the situation.

In Pokemon Heartgold, I used Typhlosion, Ampharos, Scizor, the red Gyarados, Ho-oh(again, random fodder until I got this one) and Snorlax.
                    In Pokemon White 2, I used only four Pokémon: A Lucario, a Gardevoir I raised from an egg, an Archeops, also from an egg and a Jellicent.
                    And while I haven't finished X yet, I'm currently using Charizard, Lucario, Delphox, Talonflame, Doublade and Helioptile.
                    A rather one-sided team with all those fire-types.

So yeah, I think I like pretty much every Pokemon, without any real preferences. My endgame team is made up of mostly earlygame Pokemon though.

Comment

Only 4 Pokemon for White 2? Those must be very good! I'll tell you what's not good though: Using 3 Fire-types on one team.
                      No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Varies game to game. Also, have 3 fire types isn't too bad. Talonflame makes up for it out of sheer speed and attacking power through Brave Bird. Charizard's megas are very good, and Delphox only has one Fire type move it can learn. Yeah, one.

For Platinum i used an Electivire, Froslass, Empoleon, Gardevoir, Sky Forme Shaymin and a Origin forme Giratina.

White was Serperior, Chandelure, Zekrom, Darmanitan (carried my team), Stoutland, Victini, and some other I don't remember.

Y was Greninja (Protean too, got lucky), Venusaur, Lucario, Gengar (mega), Talonflame, and Dragonite (with multiscale).

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

But two are my starters, because I like them the best and I wanted a Zapdos, and one just so happens to be my Pokemon that is going to learn Fly.

But they're able to patch up those weaknesses slightly with other types: My just evolved Heliolisk takes water attacks like a boss and retaliates with Parabolic Charge/Thunderbolt, and Grass Knot, Ground doesn't hit Talonflame or Charizard, and Rock does low damage to Aegislash and Lucario.

EDIT: One? You mean Flamethrower?
                          Last edited by Nitori_Kawashiro; 01-02-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Delphox has 7 different Fire-type moves by level up though.
                            No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Oh, I think I was mistaken about the Delphox thing, don't mind that.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

No reason to have two separate Pokemon threads so I merged them.

Comment

Working...
                                X