X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wii U

I noticed that we don't have a Wii U thread so I'll make one.

Basically this is a place to find friends that have Wii U's. Discuss games and share Nintendo ID's to be friends with everyone.

Nintendo ID: Zekai0

Games: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Black Ops 2, Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper are the main ones i play.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Mine is Kristia or Krista (haven´t had the chance to play enough this months)

main and only (for the moment) monster hunter 3 ultimate
    Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

@Kristia

Im sure you've noticed that my id is different. Something happened to my first one so i had to get a new one so if you want to add me again go ahead.
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

I am going to get a Wii U as soon as possible. I will have to update you guys on that when I get mine.

Monster Hunter, you say? I'm a fan of the series. I loved playing Tri and I have a copy of 3: Ultimate on my 3DS. I will be getting the Wii U version along with Smash Bros. (once it comes out) and a few other games.
        Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
        My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
        My NNID: OfficialTRXD
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Wait. What's a Nintendo ID? I thought Nintendo friends were all done with friend codes.
          Is that the main Mii's name?

How is Monster Hunter? I haven't played any of the series.
          The only thing my Wii U's been doing these past few weeks is Mario 3D World.

Comment

@Mega

You know how you have to make an id for your mii when you first made your mii? That is the id you use to add friends. The easiest way is by Miiverse.

AS for Monster Hunter, You play as a hunter and go on quests and hunt monster, mainly wyverns and dragon class monster but there are others. I've been hunting for many years now. Oh and the game is skill based. You need skill to play, no leveling involved, except for rank.

For more info, use this site, it's what I use. http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

Comment

@MegaMoose
              I have no idea about Wii U IDs.

Monster Hunter is a highly addictive skill based action series. Its concept and combat is simple but its equipment, monsters and the like have a level of complexity to it. It's a great series. I haven't played much of the original two. The first is on PS2 and the second is on PSP. Tri was supposed to be on PS3 but it was brought over to the Wii when Nintendo bought most of the rights to the Monster Hunter series.

I played a lot of Tri when it first came out. It was really fun and interesting. It introduced a lot of new monsters to the series and brought back the Rathalos and Rathian from the original games. I actually have a figure-head of the Rathalos on my desk when I bought the special edition of Tri. Tri had an online mode which allowed you to play on servers run by Capcom and team up with anyone in your region. I had a really good friend on it who was from Spain. He and I kicked ass! Unfortunately my Wii broke so I haven't been able to play more of Tri.
              3: Ultimate is a remake of Tri for the 3DS and Wii U. It removes some features like the Day-Night cycle (uncertain if this is true in the Wii U version), the online mode was reduced to be with friends only, the lighting engine was redone (caves are no longer scary and the torch is now somewhat redundant), you can no longer investigate monsters and gather info on them that way, and a bunch of other changes. But Ultimate did reintroduce the Bow and the Horn and it introduced a ton of new monsters.

Overall the series is really fun and provides a lot of challenge for new and experienced gamers alike. It provides a wide variety of equipment and items to allow you to mix up your style and play the game how you want to play it. You can be a slow lumbering tank with a greatsword or a switch-axe. You can be an agile DPS with dual blades or a sword and shield. Or even a gunner or ranger to deal damage from afar.
              Last edited by Luna Pixu; 01-13-2014, 09:46 AM.
              Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@TRXD

There is a few things wrong of what you said. The online is not friends only, you can hunt with strangers, I do it all the time.

Monster Hunter 2 is japan only. the 2nd one that usa got was Freedom. It is not the 2nd MH game.

Comment

Naruhodo.
                  I believe I just used my name, Johshua, for that. I'll have to check when I get home to be sure though.

I typically like my fantasy games to be turn based. (I actually like some level grinding in games.)
                  But Monster Hunter sounds fun.
                  Actually it sounds like a game my father would enjoy... is there local multiplayer?

Comment

@Mega

You can connect 3 3ds's to a Wii U console but thats it.

Comment

@Zekai
                      *clang* Ow! Darn pans! Well, there goes my superiority as a Monster Hunter "expert". This is why I call myself the "Idiot of Yukkuricraft". I make myself seem I like I know a lot but in reality I know very little.
                      Yeah, I don't have a Wii U and the 3DS version does not have that online functionality. (I still miss Loc Lac.)

Comment

@TRXD

Sorry about that. It bugs me when people get things wrong about games I know well.

Since your a fellow hunter, mind reading my MH story and give your opinion about it? I do have grammar problems so please don't mind that.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9792767...-Ultimate-Hunt

It is based of of 3rd gen monsters and I started this before Tri: Ultimate came out so I used their jap names instead of their english names on a few monsters.

Comment

@Zekai
                          Oh, I can understand that very well. In fact, I sometimes facepalm at some of my old videos and livestreams whenever I got something wrong. And I think to myself "what was I thinking?" But that's life, you make a sh*t-ton of mistakes and you learn from them. Except I make 20x as many mistakes compared to the average person.

Oooh. A Monster Hunter fanfic. I'll have to read this when I have the time. Right now, I currently working on some stuff for my YouTube channel while doing the occasional RP post.

Comment

Mine is EasternMoney128, but I only have 4 games (technically 5).

They are, New Super Mario Bros U+New Super Luigi U, Super Mario 3D World, Earthbound, & Wii Sports Club. Out of all those, Wii Sports Club is the only one that might have online with friends.

Anyways, I'm going out for a bit, so I'll try adding you all when I get back.
                            No whatever, more Reimu!

Comment

Not having a lot of cool games to play is my biggest concern for the Wii U.
                              I literally bought it just to play Wind Waker HD, and that was gonna my only game until Mario Kart & Smash Brothers came out.
                              (Super Mario 3D World was a Christmas gift. I never really planned on owning it, but it's fun, so I'm not complaining.)

Monster Hunter sounds like it'll be a good addition though. Hopefully I'll find time to buy and play it between Etrian Odyssey Untold, Sorcery Saga, and ass-tons of anime.

Comment

Working...
                              X