Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to make the painful grind for tier III-IV japanans

Comment

Well, This'll be fun, get blown out of the sky a million times until you stop being terrible, seems familiar *COUGH battlefield COUGH*
      https://youtu.be/pkox8x1LxQ4

Comment

realistic modo and above only gameplay

Comment

Don't tell Gaijin.

Comment

EDIT: HOIST THE COLORS
            http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...=656555713#_=_
            Last edited by Krittercon; 03-31-2016, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MyHatismyFriend View Post

So, I'm aware some of us do the do this game. As for the rest of you who are interested, War Thunder is a MMO simulation game revolving around the aircraft, tanks, and ships of WWII and the early Cold War. It's still in development, with Ground Forces to be added soon and Naval Forces coming up after that. So right now, new players will only be able to experience the aircraft portion of the game as well.

Future matches will involve players from both air, ground and sea participating in a massive battle across huge maps taken from real-life and fantasy locations, and the game has a very detailed and in-depth gameplay that appeals to both casual players and simulation enthusiasts. Since the current build of the game is focused on aircraft only, I'll emphasize that in my report as well.

If any of you are interesting in joining up, I'd be happy to jump back into a Tier I noobplane and blast some rookies with you. Since most of us are in different timezones, this might be a bit difficult but there are a lot of players on the US side as well. I believe this is our current roster:

* xOutlaw: Japanese Tier 2
              * Flan_Flan (DeadMasterChan): British, German, Russian Tier 2
              * MyHatismyFriend: British Tier 3, Japanese Tier 3, American Tier 3, Russian Tier 1
              * Snowman71 (Snowman): Japanese Tier 3, British Tier 1
              * Krittercon: American Tier 4, British Tier 2, Japanese Tier 3, German Tier 2, Russian Tier 1
              * Shimitty: American Tier 2, Japanese Tier 1
              * Mari_Kiri_88(Kirisame88): Russian Tier 2 (you smart motherfucker), American Tier 2
              * SirKasim13 (Gamer): American, Russian Tier 1
              * faggot (Tenshit): ???
              * MrCrazyJoe (Puzzle): American Tier 2
              * RAF_RanYakumo (I forgot your name): British Tier 4, Russian Tier 2
              * Lumindia (Lily White): British Tier 2
              * Redleaf: German Tier 1 (it gets better)
              * LuaKH: German Tier 2 Japanese Tier 2 British Tier 2
              * Cicero (Cicero_Pennomen): American Tier 2
              * SnoopDuc: German Tier 2
              * Ryuuko_Matoi(?) (Zoey): All nations Tier 4-5(?)
              *SuperKantaiCollectionPleb (Remi): Japanese Tier 1?
              *BLT dude: American Tier 2
              *amyonmyon (Jenganor): Russian Tier 2
              *Wriggle_Nightbug (Wriggle): British Tier 1

The rest of this post will be a tutorial directed at those new players just joining us.

WAR THUNDER 101: HOW NOT TO BE A SHITHEAD

Golden Rule: Don't get pissed if you keep dying- it happens to the best of us. Reality is a cruel mistress, and War Thunder plays this perfectly straight. Lucky shots may hit your pilot in the face, set your fuel tanks on fire, set bombs on fire (after which they explode), or hit a wing strut that will rip the rest of the thing off after it's gone. Just relax and remember that eventually you will do the same thing, and don't resort to ramming your opponents out of rage. It's rude.

1. Maneuvering Basics

So you're in your little biplane/peashooter that can barely climb and carries a slow-firing machinegun that makes you feel like you're shooting cotton at somebody. Not to worry! Tier 1 fights are filled with noobs that can't play the game, bots, or highly competent Tier 5 people starting a new country. It's a matter of knowing how the game mechanics work that will distinguish the men from the boys in this round.

Flying in War Thunder is pretty logical. Your engine generates energy, which is translated into forward movement. You can then choose to either keep this forward movement to enhance your speed, or trade it for turning or increasing your altitude. It's important to always keep an eye on your current speed ingame- let it go too slow and you'll stall, which is a bad thing (unless you want this to happen).

Always remember, however, that speed is not everything. There are times when you gotta go fast, and other times when you want to go slow. Essentially, the slower your plane is moving, the less 'forward' you have for every 'left' or 'right' you travel. This makes you be able to turn tighter, which is essential for close-range dogfighting. You also do not want to be going fast when you come in to land. Also go slow when you're close behind an enemy- going too fast means you'll fly right past him and allow him to blast you with his guns. So when tailing an enemy from behind, try to match his speed until you hit your optimal gun range

2. Gunnery Basics

There are two kinds of guns in War Thunder- machine guns and cannons. Machineguns fire fast, but deal low damage per bullet, while cannon fire more slowly and deal heavier damage. Different models of machine guns and cannons are mounted on different aircraft- German ones fire the slowest but have the most damage output, while Soviet ones fire extremely fast and deal scratch damage. In addition to these weapons, you can also unlock and equip different ammunition belts on them. Generally, these are Omnipurpose (aka shit), Tracer (Laser Gun- either useless if it's filled with Tracer Bullets, or terrifying if loaded with SAPI-T), Ground Attack (Cannons and Heavy Machineguns Only, pretty much does what it's designed to do), and Stealth (masterrace)

Omnipurpose removes the training round from the Default Load and replaces it with an Armour-Piercing Incendiary Round, which doesn't really do anything. It's the only belt that can attack both air and ground targets, though. You'll suffer reduced efficiency against both, and your machineguns still will not damage medium to heavily armoured targets.

Tracers fill your belts with 80% tracer ammunition, which light up as they're fired so you can see who you're shooting at. This is used when you're having trouble hitting targets as you can easily compensate for your firing once you can see your bullet stream. However, you will deal very little damage overall unless using more advanced versions.

Ground Attack belts fill belts with armour-piercing ammunition. Sounds great, but this means that your bullets will punch straight through aircraft like paper. This means all you do is make neat little holes in the skin without really doing any lasting damage. Absolutely devastating against ground targets though, as the armour piercing shell makes it through the heavy armour before detonating inside, capable of even damaging heavily-armoured targets.

Stealth belts are the opposite of tracer belts, removing tracer ammunition in exchange for massive amounts of incendiary and armour-piercing incendiary rounds, making them highly effective against aircraft because you can set them on fire very easily, which is a near death sentence. Of course, the lack of tracers means that your bullet stream is completely invisible as well, meaning victims cannot easily identify where the damage is coming from. This also means that you can't see where your bullets are going, making this a very difficult belt to use. Still, it remains my default belt and my belt of choice because of its lethality.

You'll also notice something in the aircraft tuning menu before battle- the gun convergence to be more exact. Gun convergence dictates where all your guns aim at, and by default is set to 400 metres, means that all of your guns are rotated slightly so that their bullets will 'hit' an imaginary spot 400m in front of your aircraft. Gun convergence is essential- you want to concentrate your fire on one area of the enemy aircraft so you can run a buzzsaw of bullets through it and tear the wing or whatever you're aiming at to shreds. So, you generally find your optimal firing range suitable for your aircraft and set it to that, so you'll consistently have your bullets land on the range you're best with.

For example, my Spitfire fighters always end up tangling with enemy aircraft at close range, so my ideal gun convergence range is 100m. This makes full use of the Spitfire's heavy machinegun loadout to blast through enemy aircraft when brawling with them.

My Typhoon fighter is more suited for long-range 'sniping' because of its light cannon load and low ammo count, so my gun convergence there is 800m.

My Beaufighter heavy fighter likes to tackle enemy aircraft and ground targets head on and take them out with its massive gun load (4x cannon, 6 x machinegun :0) in one pass, so I keep the convergence at 400m, so I can begin firing at 800m and still retain some degree of firepower throughout the entire head-on joust so by the time that they blow past me, they're a flaming piece of wreckage.

WIP, More tutorials to come.

NEW MYON ALL TIER AT OR PAST 3

Comment

does anyone want to torpedo my PT-76?

Comment

Myon has now ascended past a super realistic modo (simulator battles)

Comment

Whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Comment

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=660236387

Comment

Comment

H8K2 is let down gunship.
                          H8K3 is the real gunship.
                          Of course it's premium.

Comment

Why has this been happening to me recently? Also, Hat got into one the game immediately after...

Comment

meanwhile fucking snow in his fucking tier 1 stuart fisting shermans with a cactus

Comment

Knocked out two Shermans I think, and he got taken down by an FW-190

Comment

Working...
                                X