X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TRXDStream

As a good number of people are aware, I am an aspiring YouTuber and Twitch streamer. I have made it a hobby of mine to regularly produce content on games and on whatever springs to my mind. While I do generally play Let's Plays and one-off game videos (Casual Plays), I have always wanted to get into the habit of streaming on Twitch.

Since I very recently moved in to my new apartment in Birmingham, I have found myself very capable of streaming gaming content. With this in mind, I thought that it wouldn't be a bad idea to announce when I stream here and to also link any highlights created from my livestreams. Hope you guys don't mind it.

As you read this right now (9/29), I am about to go live at 8PM (BST) on my Twitch channel. I will be playing Audiosurf, Touhou Meddlesome Magician 2, and Minecraft. Hope to see you there!

EDIT: The 29th September stream is over. You can watch the whole stream and any highlights/VoDs in the links in the lower post.

Links:
    My Twitch Channel (Warning! This link will no longer be used unless I were to get Twitch partnership.)
    My YouTube channel
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 01-28-2015, 12:54 PM.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Hightlights and Past Streams:
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 01-28-2015, 12:56 PM. Reason: Updated listings
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Added listings for my next stream tonight. Tonight, I'm playing TF2 in celebration of OCTOBER FIRST! I'll be starting at 8PM again with a few interludes here and there. If you like a nice, relaxed stream on TF2; this will be for you. Footage and highlights will be made from the stream and be released shortly after.

As this stream is TF2 only, I will not be taking requests (and even timing out people) for other games to play. But expect some TF2 mishaps, Eternaween, and a lot of deaths. Hope to see you there.

EDIT: Stream is over! Thanks for watching everyone. Hopefully, the freezes weren't too annoying for you guys.
      Last edited by Luna Pixu; 10-01-2014, 05:35 PM.

Comment

As part of my Hallowe'en Fortnight, I will be doing regular streams on horror games or Hallowe'en related games/events. While I will not be making highlights directly from this stream (unless something awesome/scary happens), I will be making several videos out of these streams to go on my channel along with the Fortnight.

Starting time for tonight's stream is 8PM (BST) as per usual. If you want to see some pixel horror or just want to see me (hopefully) crap myself in fear, then you will enjoy this stream. Games slated for this night include Ib, Yume Nikki (continuing my adventures from today's video), and maybe some others. Hope to see you there.

(Also, if you are a viewer or someone curious about these streams of mine, please don't be afraid to post here. Advice and opinions on my stream are highly appreciated.)

EDIT: Stream is over! Expect a video on Ib on Tuesday and maybe some Yume Nikki highlights soon.
        Last edited by Luna Pixu; 10-18-2014, 05:56 PM.

Comment

It's the 4th November. And if anyone has been paying attention to their Steam or looked into my recent activity, you may know that BINDING OF ISAAC: REBIRTH IS OUT TODAY! (Apologies for the caps. I'm just really excited.) To celebrate the release and do my part on the Binding of Isaac hype train, I will be streaming straight from release until either Midnight or until I decide to stop (for now ). From this stream, I will be making a Casual Plays video and I will most likely make some highlights from the stream. Who am I kidding? A game like Rebirth? I think highlights are a necessity.

Starting time is shortly before 6PM (GMT) so I can get the hype going and then launch Rebirth as soon as it lands. Who knows? I might just start at 5:30PM or earlier and play a bit of Wrath of the Lamb or Audiosurf. Isaac fans (because I know there are plenty in Yukkuricraft), I'm certain you won't want to miss this. Hope to see you there!

Comment

#EpicHype \o/

#Tapatalk
            Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Unfortunately, due to computer issues and due to delays, the stream was a flop. My computer appears to be unable to stream Rebirth. But, when I get a new computer, expect more and better streams down the line. Rebirth included.

Apologies to those who were disappointed in the lack of promised Rebirth. I will stream something else in a few days to make up for the lack of Rebirth. A Super Nintendo game or more Ib?

You decide!

Comment

I am back to streaming once again tonight. This time, I will be doing a two game stream for the night instead of a three game stream like I usually do. So expect longer sessions on each game rather than simply an hour.

Starting time is your favourite 8PM (GMT). Games slated for tonight are Touhoumon: Another World and Tales of Phantasia. If you love your RPGs, like I do, then you'll want to check out this stream.

Tales of Phantasia (and its series, Tales of) is a newcomer to me and I will doing my first impressions on the game in this stream. Keep in mind that I will be playing a translation hack of the original Super Nintendo game and not the localised Gameboy Advance port. So any discrepancies in translation (like Fighting of the Spirit vs Fighting Spirit or Cress vs Cless) or any differences in dialogue are due to the translator and/or localisation of the GBA game.

Furthermore, these games may or may not be recorded in their entirety (Tales of Phantasia, especially). I'm considering making a series of both but they may be released at a much later date.

Hope to see you there.

EDIT: Stream is over! Had a nice hour or so of Touhoumon but I failed horribly in Tales of Phantasia following a series of events. Thanks for watching.
                Last edited by Luna Pixu; 11-12-2014, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Touhoumon, huh? Neat! Is it gonna be a normal playthrough, or a Nuzlocke?

Comment

I have said in the stream that I will not be doing a Nuzlocke for Touhoumon. As it is my first time playing Touhoumon, I don't know what Bonéka to use and what strategies to employ. Also doesn't help that I'm not actually good at Pokémon meaning that a Nuzlocke would be of the greatest challenge to me.

Comment

Damn, as much as I want to watch, it interferes with school. I'm bummed

Comment

In a moment of randomness, I made a new announcement video to coincide with tonight's stream. Threw it together in a couple of minutes and was laughing my ass off over the sheer stupidity of it all. What a time to be alive~!

Starting time for tonight's stream is another good old 8PM (GMT). Games slated for tonight are Tales of Phantasia (I've been craving for this game for the past week) and some Minecraft on the Yukkuricraft server.

Tales of Phantasia will be recorded this time around and its footage will be used in a new LP series with a release date soon. Keep in mind that a good number of stream-chat conversations will be recorded. This is especially true if we're travelling to/through new land or fighting a boss or new enemy. Minecraft, on the other hand, will not be recorded unless something major turns up.

Hope to see you there!

EDIT: Stream is over! Had some really awesome moments in both Tales of Phantasia and Minecraft alike. Expect to see videos on Tales of Phantasia soon.
                        Last edited by Luna Pixu; 12-19-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Before I announce tonight's stream, I would like to apologise for the due lack of streams from me. I honestly couldn't think up of what to stream and I was too engaged in my creative castle build over anything. Regardless, I am back to my usual position and am back in the streaming/recording mood.

Tonight's stream will be my last stream of the year. As I am moving back to my parents' house for Christmas (assuming my parents' network is still sh*tty), I will not be able to stream nor effectively record over the Christmas break. So, as a farewell to Twitch in 2014, I will be streaming a large stream spanning for our lovely 8PM (GMT) starting time to as far as I wish to go.

Games slated for tonight include: Audiosurf, Tales of Phantasia (last minute recording), Minecraft, and more. As Tales of Phantasia is being actively recorded, be warned that conversations with chat will be recorded and potentially uploaded to YouTube. Most other games will not be uploaded unless something major were to occur. Maybe...

Hope to see you there!

EDIT: Stream is over! Unfortunately, there were a couple of encoding issues within OBS so my computer was occasionally brought to a halt during the stream. While Tales of Phantasia recorded perfectly fine, the other games that were streamed suffered. As a result, come the new year, I will be tweaking my stream settings and seeing to the issues that occurred.
                          Last edited by Luna Pixu; 12-19-2014, 07:35 PM.

Comment

After a slight break (following my move back to my apartment and exams), I am back once again to streaming my face to your lovely faces. But this time, I have changed things up a little.

1. I have finally renewed my XSplit license meaning I can use XSplit once again and no longer have to use OBS. Yay!
                            2. Because of the presence of XSplit, I will now be streaming to both YouTube AND Twitch. This means that anyone who lagging behind on Twitch can simply switch to YouTube and either catch up or watch at a low resolution/bitrate than 720P - 2500kb/s.
                            Note: Should either the YouTube stream fail or XSplit fail, I will be reverting to my old format of streaming. This new format is not yet permanent so don't get used to this.

As always, I will be streaming tonight at the glorious 8PM (GMT) until 11PM or later.

Tonight's games include: Tales of Phantasia, Satori Komeiji's Mental Education, and a little surprise. As Tales of Phantasia is being actively recorded, be warned that conversations with chat will be recorded and potentially uploaded to YouTube. Think before you chat.

Hope to see you there!

EDIT: Stream is over! Thanks to everyone who watched me as I failed in almost every aspect of the stream. And thanks to those who decided to make a dang thread all about this. Love you guys.

YouTube VoD link (available at 6PM GMT today): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXh2s8s5lQw
                            Last edited by Luna Pixu; 01-23-2015, 07:33 AM.

Comment

The stream was fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X