X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiplayer games we might not have played or heard of

As a gaming community I'm positive we've all heard of World of Warcraft, Minecraft,and other popular multiplayer games, but I'm interested if anyone has any games they've played with friends and mabey not played and/or shared with the yukkuricraft community. If anybody wants to share with us feel free to do so.
    "Top of the mornin' ta ya bros" -Markiplier

I could provide a few games which I haven't played with Yukkuricraft but enjoy:
    • 100% Orange Juice. Hella fun board/party game and great to play with friends. I even did a video on the game. I do have spare copies of this game on my Steam but I've been saving them up for a special occasion.
    • OpenTTD (Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe). One of my favourites games of all-time. Made open source! And free! And regularly updated! And it's got multiplayer! It's a simple game that has you running a transportation company transporting various goods from one place to another. Coal to power plants, iron to steel mills, and people to other cities. Unfortunately though, it's not a game I'd recommend to most Yukkuricrafters. It's very fun if you love Tycoon games and tight micro-management in games; but the game has quite the learning curve to it and will punish you hard if you cannot set up an efficient transport system (unless you happen to use planes like a cheapskate, that is). Not recommended for everyone but I still love it.
    • Toribash. A silly free-to-play multiplayer Kung-Fu simulator. I played this game long before the Steam release and I got several chuckles out of it. If animation derps, silly posing, and slapstick comedy are your thing; this is a game you should play! With your friends!
      Also, unless the game was updated to change the sound effects, expect a lot of heavy breathing from your characters. Don't know why but apparently characters love to heavily breathe after every hit.
    • The Ship. A Source game that possibly inspired the very popular TTT gamemode in GMod. You are an attendee to a cruise organised by the crazy criminal mastermind, Mr. x. Your objective? To kill whoever you are ordered to kill without getting killed yourself. Each player must use their wits, their stealth, and their charms to assassinate their foes while eluding other cruise members and the law.
      The devs are remaking this game btw. So now is a good time to try the game out before the remastered version comes out. I have at least one copy on my Steam. If you want a copy, just ask.
    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 07-29-2015, 10:41 AM.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

There's a PS3 exclusive free-to-play called Dust 514.
      • It's a future based interplanetary fps where you can choose between different types of armor suits (ranging from light scouts, logistics medium and commando heavy) and weapons (Ion pistols, assault rifles, grenade launchers, the whole nine miles).
      • Each of these weapons and suits have to be bought, which is why you go to battle. Luckily, there are free, infinite starter suits.
      • Another interesting concept, if you find anyone willing in the local chat, you can group up as a squadron. If you're in a squad, you gain accessibility to using a most valuable weapon: Orbital strike.
      • What orbital strike is is that if you get enough kills, you can contact a satellite to rain down emp shots or even lethal laser strikes. Rarely does anyone in the designated area ever escape.
      • Each time you die in battle, you lose one of each loadout item you carry, and when you reach zero, you can no longer use that particular suit until you restock the loadout.
      • The more kills and less death you get during a battle, the more money you earn. And the more skillpoints you earn, which are used to unlock better versions of all armors and weapons.
      • What's more is that there are corporations where you can pretty much group together a bunch of people into a corporation and you can fight with them to fund the corporation.

It's a fun game, really. Of course, it's an online fps so you will rage and occasionally get raged at, but that never stopped anyone from playing CoD online multiplayer. I recommend ppl to check it out if they have a ps3. Or ps4, I don't know if they have that. But seriously, it's fun and addictive.

Comment

Working...
      X