X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Mario Maker

So, as you are all aware, Super Mario Maker is going to be released for the Wii U tomorrow. I am very hyped for this game, despite the fact that I'm not getting it right away. The game looks fantastic from what I've seen in videos. With four game styles (Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros. U) and six level types (Ground, Underground, Underwater, Ghost House, Airship and Castle), the possibilities are endless!

...Oh, and we can't forget about amiibo. I won't spoil anything, besides the fact that as many as 100 amiibo are compatible with Super Mario Maker. I'm definitely getting the eShop version of the game, which I already have on my wishlist.

Well, that's all I wanted to say until I get the game, which I don't know when that is.

I'm sure I forgot to mention a lot of mechanics in the game.

False: The possibilities are, in fact, finite. put a super computer in charge of making the levels, and eventually every single possible iteration of the game would be achieved.

Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
    "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Heh, he has a point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilelicus View Post
        False: The possibilities are, in fact, finite. put a super computer in charge of making the levels, and eventually every single possible iteration of the game would be achieved.

False, there is theoretically an infinite amount of combinations if the computer is allowed to act with undefined behavior :^)
        Otherwise, within the bounds of the game, yeah, there's a finite amount.
        My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
        Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

I'm pretty fucking sure the game doesn't have the computational boundaries and limitations of a fucking supercomputer, tenshi
          Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
          "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

One thing is sure, now that the public can make their own levels, there will be insane designs that will have the purpose to be like the Kaizo Mario games, and still have the ability to be beaten.
            Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

When I saw that flying spinies shoot out eight spikes, I knew what it would be time to do!
              An accurate time lapse of someone joining YukkuriCraft over the course of a month.

Comment

Originally posted by Tenko View Post
                False, there is theoretically an infinite amount of combinations if the computer is allowed to act with undefined behavior :^)
                Otherwise, within the bounds of the game, yeah, there's a finite amount.
                "theoretically"
                the global word for illuminati theories
                w-what is this autism aura??
                if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

You guys should've seen SethBling's chat last night when he was playing with a press copy of Super Mario Maker. The 9/11 jokes were through the roof. I can't bare to think what it must be like today...

In other news, I'll most likely be getting this game tomorrow when I head into town and put some money in the bank.
                  Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                  My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                  My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                  Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Originally posted by TRXD View Post
                    In other news, I'll most likely be getting this game tomorrow when I head into town and put some money in the bank.
                    buy me rebirth
                    and l4d2
                    and black ops 2
                    and my entire wishlist
                    w-what is this autism aura??
                    if I dont gook this lolisama now..........
                    our western culture will be forever....

..mememized

Comment

So, I bought Super Mario Maker today (along with a Palutena amiibo \o/) and it's a crap ton of fun. A simple but fluid and dynamic level editor, a wide variety of levels already available. It's almost everything I could ask for in an official Mario level editor (except for the due lack of drills, certain enemies and game mechanics, and slopes).

I've been playing a whole bunch of levels from the 100 Mario Challenge, and my brother and I have been passing the controller between levels like good old times while laughing off at "babby's first level".
                      Been making a level of my own which I'm planning on uploading when I can. It's a straightforward grassy plains New Super Mario Bros. U level with a few things thrown in here and there. I'll post the level ID for it later, for those interested.
                      Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

just came out today in AUSTRALIA and i think the unlock system is a bit gimmicky

Comment

@Jesse
                          Unlock system is a pain but it was actually patched to be more forgiving. Originally, new items would only ever come daily (the last set coming on the 9th day of play). After the release day patch, however, items can come sooner if you just place a certain amount of stuff. It's annoying but you can easily cheese it by spamming blocks like a madman.

I'm still kinda miffed that things like Super Mario Bros. 3 and World aren't readily available nor are warp pipes or invisible blocks.

EDIT: Here's the code for my first level, 1-1 Hilled Plains: 731E-0000-002E-2B85
                          Last edited by Luna Pixu; 09-13-2015, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Just one question about your level, TR. What game style is it in?

EDIT: ...Didn't see your earlier post. My bad.
                            Last edited by SuperTouhou64; 09-14-2015, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Made a few courses myself.

9FB3-0000-0034-DA12

A3E5-0000-0034-DC6A

43FE-0000-0037-7F98

Only have 2 rows unlocked so far ><

Comment

Working...
                              X