Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luna Pixu
    replied
    If you hop on our Discord, we have a dedicated text channel to ED. A number of people do regularly play though idk about Karu and Cucoo. I also play(ed) ED. I am considering getting back into it but my backlog and obligations make it hard for me to do so.

Leave a comment:

• Langstaff
    replied
    You still playing actively, Karuiko and Cucoo5? I've just recently started playing Elite again. Having a blast atm.

Leave a comment:

• Cucoo5
    replied
    You know, I completely forgot about this. Now I'm looking at it like "It's been 2 years."
    And then I look at the edit history and I'm like "It took me two years to play about 800 hrs and go from iEagle to iCutter."

Reminiscing aside, We can probably finally make use of that damn inara wing...

Leave a comment:

• Karuiko
    replied
    As considering suddenly a ton of more people have Elite, gonna be reviving this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Cucoo5
    replied
    IT IS DONE
    O7O7O7O7O7O7O7

Leave a comment:

• MyHatismyFriend
    replied
    ROYAL1 LETS GOOOOOOOOO

Leave a comment:

• Cucoo5
    replied
    OK
    *chucks link at you*
    http://inara.cz/wing/1067
    THOU ART NOW IN IF THOU REQUESTESTH THE JOINING

Leave a comment:

• MyHatismyFriend
    replied
    LET ME IN

Leave a comment:

• Cucoo5
    replied
    Ok so it's been a while since 2.1 dropped and a lot of things have changed.

So the new Combat Meta is that there is no Meta. Some build conventions are still there but now one has to take missiles into account and the hazards of module damage. In addition, big ships + turrets = that battle cruiser feel.

Money Making Meta is still broken and favors bulk haulers now. Robigo is dead, so the typical long range smuggling is not as good. Now the new Meta is just long range Hauling. No fail-on-scan risk so a tad easier, excluding the hazards of the buffed AI of the NPCs making them far more dangerous.

Engineers are in for Horizons, however they're layered under a "triple-stuffed" RNG system + Grind fest which currently has a lot of controversy surrounding it. So the ability to buff your ship with some insane mods exist, but getting them can maybe take a bit.

Meanwhile Thargoids are coming. Brace yourselves.

Finally I created via Inara a Wing for us here. The nice thing about Inara is that it helps track things better plus has nice organizational tools, such as mission assignment and other things. Right now, because I have a trader-conda, I can help give everyone a nice bit of cash to start off with and/or upgrade to a different ship. For now the wing will just be used to organize ourselves so we can plan out any activities easier, such as things involving the Background Simulation (BGS, activities involving system minor factions) or even Expeditions around the Galaxy.
    The name is temporarily just "Hunters' Guild" but this can be changed if we can come up with something better.

Leave a comment:

• Cucoo5
    replied
    Jotting this down here less I forget about them

List of features coming soonTM
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...ons_the_known/

Another method for naval ascension (mainly for empire)
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=205769

Guide to Mining, which gives light to how wings can be useful
    https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...ide_to_mining/
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 04-05-2016, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cucoo5
    replied
    Originally posted by BlockCat View Post
    O hhey, I played this:
    I have a A fitted vulture and a Imperial clipper.
    I have no allegiance, also I haven't played in a while.
    Aye, I'll add ya to the list if ya want to get back into things.

Ok added a few more resources in the OP, including the ship build tool and a thread that explains naval ascension a bit better than anything else I found.

Leave a comment:

• BlockCat
    replied
    O hhey, I played this:
    I have a A fitted vulture and a Imperial clipper.
    I have no allegiance, also I haven't played in a while.

Leave a comment:

• Cucoo5
    replied
    Ok updated OP
    Added:
    - New Players
    - Databases
    Changed
    - Horizon Standalone -> DLC
    Last edited by Cucoo5; 02-12-2016, 12:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cucoo5
    replied
    Elite Dangerous is on sale for $15, ends 2/12

This is the part where I start begging people to join up cause flying solo is only so fun for so long.

Leave a comment:

• Cucoo5
    replied
    @kristia
    Surprisingly PC version seems to not have that problem... Or I was lucky, because so far I've only seen one other living soul.

@het
    Now there's something I forgot to mention...

@all
    There's a few player organizations, one of which are the fuel rats, a sort of search and rescue group that outfit their ships with fuel limpets to assist those that run out of fuel in deep space.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X