X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TERA: Rising

First off, scumbag remi for making an entirely new section for myself olololol

Anyway.

So some of you may know how I've been absolutely absorbed into playing TERA and that I've been just a bit less active on the server xD

TERA is an MMORPG from Korea that's had a US/UK port for about a year now. The game originally came out in 2011 for Korea with a JP port about half a year later.

Quoting the official site,
    About a millennia ago two omnipotent titans Arun and Shara entered into formless voids and for reasons we can only guess, fell asleep.
    The titans started to dream. Dream of a world that took form on their backs known as Tera.
    The first beings to call Tera home were twelve godlike beings dreamt up by the titans, but it wasn’t long before the gods started fighting.
    As the dream continued new creatures took place called mortals, they were less powerful but far more numerous.
    Arun dreamed of ambitious Elves, clever Humans, honor bound Amani, powerful Giants, scheming Devas, and mischievous Poporis.
    Shara dreamed of sly Sikandari, dark Gulas and Vampires, fierce Wendigos, strange Faeries, and serpentine Nagas.
    The mortals were forced into the divine wars of the gods, which eventually left the gods dead, imprisoned, or otherwise diminished.
    The mortal races didn’t escape unscathed. Some—like the Sikandari, and most of the Giants—were wiped out but others rose from the wars such as the Barakas and Castanics.
    Now that the gods were gone the seven races; Amani, Barakas, Castanics, Elin, High Elves, Humans, and Poporis must band together to fend off a new enemy.
    A metallic race from the underworld called Argons; their goal is to take over Tera and wake the titans to end their dreams and destroy Tera.

That being said, the game is MASSIVE. The world is extremely large and the amount of content is enough to keep even the most hardcore grinders busy for months. The game's free to play with additional features like more bank space, character slots, and cosmetics available as a pay to play feature. One of the things I LOVE about TERA is that it is absolutely not pay to win. Too many "f2p" mmo's succumb to greed and allow "paying your way to victory" with completely OP out-of-game equipment/buff purchases.

If anyone plays or wants to, add me on any or all of my three accounts: Recilia, Satoriko, Momotenko (shaddap about the names)

Momotenko.
    So you were the one that took that name xD Was wondering why Tera wouldn't let me use that name.
    My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
    Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

Actually? When did you try making the account? I made mine this morning >.>

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
        Actually? When did you try making the account? I made mine this morning >.>
        At around... 10ish? PST btw.
        My software doesn't have bugs. It just develops random features.

Do you have a hour emergency call systems broadcasting radio station WNYW or Internet Explorer?
        Well? Which one?

Cyros admits the truth: http://i.snag.gy/GTy14.jpg

Comment

TERA? I used to play that on Korean server. It brings back nostalgia. Also, everybody knows that TERA is where less armor, more protection comes from.
          sigpic
          Spoiler:

Comment

I've played Tera since it's launch in America.. can't stand the game anymore though.. I quit shortly after the first expansion was released, and i think they are on their 2nd expansion now.

Comment

Tenshi, you literally missed it by like an hour. lol

Reisyaku, reason? Actually curious as I haven't come across anything gamebreaking or the like yet. (Granted I've only been playing for about 4-5 days and across three accounts)

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
                Tenshi, you literally missed it by like an hour. lol

Reisyaku, reason? Actually curious as I haven't come across anything gamebreaking or the like yet. (Granted I've only been playing for about 4-5 days and across three accounts)
                Just the fact that it's like a typical Korean grind-fest.. like the quests get tedious after a while, but its bearable with your first toon or so, but after like the 3rd toon, you start to hate the story mode in the game.. and the endgame was literally spend days trying to make money and loose it all in a matter of minutes from enchanting.. rinse and repeat.. I heard they fixed a lot of problems with that, but it'll probably take a lot more than making the game easy for me to want to play again. I don't wanna down play it too much and ruin the experience for you, but it really all comes down to the fact that it's really only a game for looks, and hardly for gameplay since it recycles a lot of things like quest layouts and mobs and pretty much everything. And it's pretty much 'Gambling: The game'

Comment

TERA have no proper endgame.
                  The only thing about TERA is the entertaining fightingsystem and cute lolis.
                  Otherwise than that, the game lacks proper content.
                  I pretend I scorerun games.

Comment

Granted from the way it looks to me, "endgame" isn't exactly something I need to worry about for a while. To be honest, Jaeyjay and I started playing TERA because we're both waiting for Blade and Soul but... Well, it's not out yet. I think TERA, at least right now, is good game for it being f2p and as a time killer. (though I'm not sure if I would have paid like $15 a month back when it wasn't f2p)

Comment

Its fun till you reach max level, after that all you can do is world pvp and ganking.
                      For me that is a wasted effort.
                      But people play for different reasons.
                      I pretend I scorerun games.

Comment

Blade and Soul on the other hand is actually quite fun.. I played it on a Russian private server a year ago or so.. it was a copy of the 2nd closed beta or something. The quests feel more immersive, even though it really all boils down to fetch and kill quests like any other MMO. The fighting system is neat too.

Comment

Looked up some screens as I had never heard of this game before.
                          Gotta say, if I were to play it, it'd be for the Bikini Lolis. ^.^

Comment

Oooh blade and soul is so fun :3
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Eh i went to the place for the game and put in my DOB but it said "This content is not available to you at this time" Should i have lied about my age?

Comment

Working...
                              X