Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite game series, and what's your favorite from each of them?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, didn't see this.

Warframe
    Planetside (2)
    Super Meat Boy
    Team Fortress (2)
    Serious Sam (Second Encounter)
    Awesomenauts

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Zelda (The question is not which one is my favorite, but which one isn't. That award goes to the abomination that is Spirit Tracks. Yet I played them all...*still hasn't finished Zelda I + II for some reason*)
      Golden Sun (All)
      Fire Emblem (I haven't played many of them but I did like Shadow Dragon the most cause of Wi-Fi)
      Xenoblade (because who doesn't like a 140 hr long story campaign? Yes that 0 is not a typo.)
      The Last Story (I give the mechanics a 10/10, Story...6.5/10)
      Star Fox (I've played all but the very first... Adventures and Assault were more my favorites, but 64 will forever be the best.)
      Mario Strikers (Both Super and Charged. Super more cause bob-ombs and infinite item cheats made things explosive. Of course Touhou Soccer > Mario Soccer, but hey, it's still brutal.)
      Mario Tennis (Power Tennis Wii version)
      Mario Golf (GBC and GCN)
      Mario Sluggers (The one on the Wii)
      Sonic (SA 1: DC, Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, SR 1 + ZG, Secret rings, Black Knight, Unleashed, Colors)
      SSB (Melee and Brawl) *BRING BACK ROY!*
      Metroid (Primes and...yes...Other M)
      *And some other games that elude my memory right now*

Comment

Super Smash Bros (Brawl)
        Sonic the Hedgehog (Adventure 2)
        Stronghold (Crusader)
        Assassin's Creed (Revelations)
        Batman (Arkham City)
        Sam & Max (The Devil's Playhouse)

Comment

I wish to gave all Atelier series =p
          sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

The Elder Scrolls (Daggerfall & Oblivion)
            Fallout 3
            Blizzard games (Starcraft BroodWar, Frozen Throne)
            Unreal (Tournament 2004)
            Pokémon (Fire Red, Soulsilver and Black 2)
            Xonotic
            The Horror RPG maker games (Mad Father, Misao, Ib, The Mirror Lied)
            Little Big Adventure 2
            Dungeon Keeper
            Treasure Games (Gunstar, Bangai-O)
            F-ZERO (X and GX)
            Phantasy Star Online (yeah this still exists x)
            Cookie Clicker

Comment

@ Tossman

I knew I forgot two in my list

Phantasy Star Zero and PSO2
              Yep I'm one of those ppl that think Sega is just f*ckin with us with the western release of it.

Comment

Dynasty Warriors - DW 7: XL
                Samurai Warriors - SW 2: Empires
                Ace Attorney: Ace Attorney Investigations
                Blazblue: Continuum Shift
                Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
                Grand Theft Auto: GTA 5
                "There is no such thing as coincidence, only inevitability."

Friendship is love with understanding..

Humans can change, not by coercion or intimidation, but by example...

Comment

Legend of Zelda (Wind Waker)
                  Super Smash Bros (Brawl)
                  Super Mario Bros (Galaxy 1)
                  In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
                  Eh?
                  -aalewis, Professional Quote Maker
                  I deliver my Truth hot and hard.
                  -Stephen Colbert

Comment

I own a DS and a computer only, so this might be somewhat limited.

Zelda (a tie between Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, because those are the only games I've played)
                    Kingdom Hearts (358/2 Days)
                    Touhou (MoF... or DDC... or EoSD... or PCB... whatever, I'll just choose all of them)
                    Shin Megami Tensei (Devil Survivor 2)
                    Minecraft
                    Mario(Paper Mario, on an emulator)

ADD(ITIVE BLEND):V:
                    Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City
                    Okamiden
                    Last edited by Nitori_Kawashiro; 10-21-2013, 02:11 PM.

Comment

@ Nitori

What kind of DS you have? Pre-DSi? if so then you have a GBA slot aye?
                      If yes, then hunt down the GBA version of LoZ: A Link to the Past.
                      actually...Might be impossible now-a-days...
                      Otherwise, get a Wii and get the virtual console version of it.
                      Or...if there is an emulator, get it.
                      ALttP is one of the better Zelda games. Of Course I would also say Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are good starters for the rest of the series.
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 10-21-2013, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nitori_Kawashiro View Post
                        I own a DS and a computer only, so this might be somewhat limited.

Zelda (a tie between Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, because those are the only games I've played)
                        Kingdom Hearts (358/2 Days)
                        Touhou (MoF... or DDC... or EoSD... or PCB... whatever, I'll just choose all of them)
                        Shin Megami Tensei (Devil Survivor 2)
                        Minecraft
                        Mario(Paper Mario, on an emulator)
                        Since you've played Paper Mario on an emulator, that means you have access to other N64 titles, yes?
                        I think I'm in the same mindset as Cucoo when I plead "Don't let Spirit Tracks be your favorite Zelda!"
                        Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask are both great N64 games. Give 'em a go! ^.^

(Also follow Cucoo's suggestion and emulate the GBA version of A Link to the Past. Visual Boy Advance is a great GBA emulator.)

Comment

@ Cucoo

Nah, I have a DSi XL, so GBA games are out of the question.
                          I do have a GBC emulator on my DS, and I'm currently playing Oracle of Ages and Oracles of Seasons with it.
                          But I haven't finished them yet, so I don't count them here.

@MegaMooseJam

Yeah, I have them on my computer. But the same things applies here - I haven't finished them yet. (I'm still in Deku form in MM, and I seem to have restarted OoT when I wasn't looking. I'm just inside the Deku Tree there.)

I used to play them a lot; playing it almost nonstop at home, and playing games on my DS when at school. But then Touhou happened, and I got kind of busy between playing Touhou and doing work for school. And I don't like playing games only sometimes; I forget what I'm doing and spend at least half of the game running around confused.

Is Spirit Tracks really that bad? I remember enjoying it a lot. Though I doubt if it still is going to be my fav once I finish OoT/MM.

I do think I forgot some games though...:
                          Etrian Odyssey (The Drowned City) and Okamiden are part of the list too.
                          Last edited by Nitori_Kawashiro; 10-21-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

@ Nitori

Compared to all the other Zelda games, it's an abomination.
                            It plays like PH sure, but its far too linear path-like with the fact you are limited to the train's paths.
                            Of course this is from my aspect after playing every Zelda to completion except the first and second ones. ST...just...is soooo outta place in the Zelda universe. I played it and liked the music (and how you played the instrument.) and final boss. Other than that...I didn't really like in the end how it turned out. I'll be honest, when I heard the title, I thought the train wouldn't be limited by tracks, I thought you would be able to place the tracks via some magic map thing and then proceed. Instead...they limited it...

I could go on for a rant about ST...

Anyway, you're playing OoA and OoS? Oh gawds those two together are beautiful. Yes, you are basically playing some of the best Zelda games in the series. Also if you can find it, get Link's Awakening DX (I say DX cause color and a certain special dungeon thing that helps...)

But do get ALttP
                            That one is the one with the true backstory as I call it for the series.

Comment

Gahaha! Calling it an abomination is kinda mean,
                              but yes, it is very lacking in the overworld exploration aspect that most Zelda games embrace.

And Nitori, you've just reminded me of a great series I need to add onto my list:
                              Etrian Odyssey (Heroes of Lagaard)

Comment

@ Megamoose

Yea...I come off strong whenever I think of it.
                                I will admit it was ok.
                                but...
                                lacking in what makes Zelda...Zelda.

Comment

Working...
                                X