X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain

Alright guys, I don't know whether or not it already came out, but all I know it's the latest installment to both the MGS series and the Naked Snake (or as of now Punished Snake) arc. It is going to be one of the best MGS games in the series. It is an open world game and... well, you can see for yourself right here.

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Meta...e_Phantom_Pain

Like it states, it is the sequal to Ground zeroes and the prequal to metal gear, ultimately closing the gap between two worlds: the Naked Snake arc and the Solid Snake arc. All there is to do is add more to Old Snake's arc, and chances are that one more game of Old Snake may depict Old Snakes last mission. It may spark Raidens ris, though. If you have any thoughts on this, then post here.

Except without David Hayer, this is nothing but a cheap title riding on the MGS franchise's name to me.

Don't get me wrong, it's a cool game in and of itself, but it simply is not a Metal Gear Solid game.

Also, please tell me when Konami is going to stop putting plot holes in plot holes in plot holes in plot holes in plot holes where snake does this this, this, that, this, more of that, but first this, and then this, but then this, and then that before making Outer Heaven.

The story was complete when they added in Snake Eater. They really didn't have to do any more pre-Solid Snake games.

I'm only ranting on it as an MGS game, though. As a game it looks cool as fuck.

Comment

Oh, and wanna know something?

Spoiler:
      Huey... Can WALK!!!

Comment

sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

There's so much news on MGSV it's unbelievable. I'm so hyped to be able to build my own Mother Base and explore it, or at least part of it. Not only am I looking forward to new gameplay mechanics, I'd love to see more of the story and explore these new (or old) characters again. As for the critics and naysayers not being impressed by anything new, I say to enjoy what you get. Life's too short to whine about plot holes and cash cows and whatever.

And then there are the theories people have come up with. I'm putting my money on Quiet being Chico as well.

EDIT: Not a necropost despite being a long time since the last post. Had I made another thread, drama would ensue.

Comment

I also think Chico is/should be Quiet.

I thought I had a theory going, but Snake shot it up full of holes. I actually thought Python from MGSPO (portable ops) was Skull face. It would've made sense if it weren't for those meddling kids and their stupid dog the fact that Skull Face got messed up in the face before everything. I was quite disappointed. But oh well I don't mind.

I also like the way it turns for a darker tone. I like me some tragic effects. And to close this post...

Hideo: This will be my final Metal Gear.

*one game later*

Ya know, I haven't worked on the Boss alot...

LET'S MAKE A WWII GAME STARRING THE BAWS XD

Comment

"We'll make diamonds from their ashes. Take them into battle with us.
              A shining light, to our brothers in arms... Even in death.
              We are DIAMOND DOGS"

I don't care what critics say, if they can't get into this its too bad for them.
              I absolutly love the cinematography, the voices, the feel. It still has a bold MGS feel to it.
              Plot holes? That makes what MGS, MGS. Without them it woulden't be a MGS game.

Soooo looking forward to this; One of the reasons why I got a ps4
              Meow.

Comment

Working...
              X