X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ib, an adventure-horror game

Some of you surely already know this game, but some don't, and I think Ib is the kind if game that deserves to be shared and played by everyone.

So what is Ib (pronunciate it "Eeb") ? Ib is an japanese independant adventure-horror game developed by Kouri and released in early 2012.

The plot is about a 9 years old girl who go to an art gallery with her parents to see works of the brilliant artist Guertena. Ib got lost in the gallery and things turned darker... Ib got imprisoned in Guertena's world, and searches for an escape through riddles and puzzles. The ambience is just excellent, the characters are charismatic and not shallow,and overall the plot is amazingly rich for a game that is beatable in 4 hours, and is open-ended.

The gamedesign is, without being revolutionary, clever. The "horror" dimension is never exaggerated, and the games avoid classic horror gimmicks (such as screamers and gore) and insteads proposes an mysterious and eerie universe to explore.

The game itself is based on RPG Maker 2000, but tends more in a puzzle-oriented gameplay, as said upper, and excludes fights.

I personnally loved this game (if not Iwon't share it) and I think evry people who haven't played it yet should give it a try.

Here's a link for the english-translated version : http://vgperson.com/games/ib.htm

I hope you'll enjoy it !

IBBBBBBBBBBBBB

I have never been as emotionally affected by a game as this. Partially because
    Spoiler:
    I killed Gary my first playthrough and dudeholyshitsobroifuckinglovethisguy
    so I was like emotionally distraught about it. Right afterwards, I immediately began a second playthrough from one of my earlier saves and proceeded to get the true ending. When I got the true ending I was like ahdidbdhskanfnfkapa so happy for Ib and Gary onfgtheyaresoadorabletogethem

Btw we have the entire map from Ib recreated on CreativeFlats somewhere. Ask shite/Eirin where it is. I'm considerig making a "game map recreation" world cuz we also have the Mad Father mansion

Comment

@ TossMan
      Hey, since the forums are based on Touhou and this thread is based on Ib, I present to ya'll this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=w...&v=fCqMGcrEgLo

@ Remi
      OMG YOU HAZ THA MAD FATHER MANSION I WANNA SEE I WANNA SEE!!!!!

Comment

I also made the same thing as Remi for the first playthrough. But I heard that with the v1.05 there are now 14 different endings
        and that there is an extra stage after you finished at least one time the game.
        sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

for what I have found, there are 3 new endings in the latest version, one for ib alone, welcome to guertena and paintings demise

this game has many specific activation points for the endings ^^;
          Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

It would be really cool if there was somebody making a 3d version of this game with nice graphism =p
            sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

yup, yet the retro classic style is really nice too
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Well keeping the style but improving the quality could be awsome like making the sprites a bit more detailed.
                sigpicMogegege~~

Comment

First play through i saved Gary but he forgot about me.

Comment

yeah, the game has its many endings, most sad themed though

Spoiler:

Comment

I went from worst ending to best ending. lol

One of the only games that have made me cry.

Comment

there are good games with rpg maker, we just need to find them

Spoiler:

Comment

What about "Witch's House"? That is a good Rpg.

Sorry that it is not about Ib but still. A good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mima_spirit View Post
                            What about "Witch's House"? That is a good Rpg.

Sorry that it is not about Ib but still. A good game.
                            THAT GAME is WONDERFUL
                            That is, if you get the good ending, the good ending being that you don't know anything.
                            And then you hear that there's a different ending and you get all curious and just want to know what it is, so you get the other ending and cry your eyes out of their sockets because its so sad
                            "Haikus are easy
                            But they don't always make sense
                            Refrigerator"
                            -Some shirt

Comment

actually there is another path regardless of the ending, but you need a no death run

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X