X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ S121

I just need to kill off everyone in the simulation so as to have everyone experience a sort of ghost pain. That's all I need to progress things properly. Give me a way to kill John in this situation and I'll be happy.

Though...
    Actually, I'm going to explore a bit of Aura Energy and what it does to organic tissue here in my next post.

As for the limit breaker sort of thing, I never really had anything for it. In the story, characters would shy away from it before they would really talk about it. I had Aion utilize it once with his Fighter. Though he does exploit a similar concept once he learns he's not Human.

And I got cut short by two hours...dammit... I'll be back.

Comment

@Cucoo

The death mentioned above is a sound plan to me. It will also remove my confusion on this Aura overloading.

I gotta go as well.

Going to the gym. I'll be back in 1-2 hours, but I'll try to be back sooner. Later.
      Originally posted by S121
      Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
      sigpic

Comment

Or so I thought I was getting my wisdom removed. I just went through the first step.

Comment

Hey Cucoo, you sent the two away without him even talking to Nova. So you're just going to think the Reaper will make the decisions for both of them? They might some conflicting views. Nova doesn't really care about the war mainly because she can't do anything about it. This Aetheron fella might be able to provide a way that she could help.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

You know, I just thought of something. How would a battle between Watatsuki no Yorihime and Yukari go? I'de go for Watatsuki no Yorihime.
            Born in the light.
            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
            Keep Fighting.
            –Don't Forget.
            Always, somewhere,
            someone is fighting for you.
            –As long as you remember her,
            you are not alone.

Comment

Well that's a simple one. Reimu.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Why is that? Watatsuki no Yorihime is far more experienced than Reimu
                Born in the light.
                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                Keep Fighting.
                –Don't Forget.
                Always, somewhere,
                you are not alone.

Comment

I'm back!

@Katrix

Post incoming on FAF.
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                    Why is that? Watatsuki no Yorihime is far more experienced than Reimu
                    But Reimu can't lose. So there.

Comment

@ Mima

Realized that as soon as I posted. Didn't get a chance to edit. Lemme fix that up ^^;

EDIT: There...that should do it.
                      Last edited by Cucoo5; 12-21-2013, 03:20 PM.

Comment

@Mima

Actually I've heard that in one of the stories (can't remember which) it's said that she just starts another battle (continue) if she looses. She continues like this until she wins. When she is facing a opponent like this however...

The original question tough was about how Yukari would do.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

Yukari could just snap her fingers and bam, she wins by manipulating the boundary of life and death.

Comment

@Mima

Watatsuki no Yorihime can summon Gods. The Dragon God is a god unaffected by borders. Watatsuki no Yorihime can summon the Dragon god. Seriously tough, she did loose the lunar war.
                            Born in the light.
                            Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                            Keep Fighting.
                            –Don't Forget.
                            Always, somewhere,
                            you are not alone.

Comment

@Mima and Katrix

Yea, I gotta go with Yukari on this one.

If Yukari was pragmatic, she wouldn't even need to snap her fingers. Yorihime would be gone if Yukari manipulated the boundary of existence/non-existence. Of course, that would trigger a massive war between Gensokyo and The Lunarians, possibly against the entire world. As for the manga, I can see why Yukari settled on such a small victory (SPOILERS AHEAD ). If she went for a large-scale victory, that would give the Lunarians enough incentive to go to war, and that would be reckless and incredibly unwise of Yukari.

One side of the argument for the Lunarian War 1,000 years ago was to capture the moon, or to teach the Youkai a lesson in accepting what they already have. You could argue that Yukari lost that one because of the Lunarians' power, or you could argue that Yukari intentionally sabotaged herself. If you pay close attention in the manga, you can see that she has the ability to plan many steps ahead of even Eirin, making it seem like she lost, but instead proving that she simply wanted a different prize than the obvious one. She made it seem like she lost by getting herself tied up and all that jazz, when she actually got someone on the moon and desecrated their sacred land, as well as taking their prized thousand year sake. I suppose you could say that she was fine with publicly losing, just as long as she had her own covert victory over the Lunarians. She made them think she was after their city and that they won, when she was actually in it for her own satisfaction.

As for the Dragon God, even they have boundaries. If there is a piece of canonical information that says otherwise, please share it. It could make a difference. There's still the risk that Yukari would kill Yorihime before she could summon the dragon, but there's also the risk that Yukari won't be fast enough.

The point I'm getting at is that yes, Yukari would easily win in a no-holds barred fight, but she would most likely take the fall so that The Lunarians won't go to war with Gensokyo.
                              Last edited by S121; 12-21-2013, 04:24 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

@S121

The gensokyo barrier is a very strong barrier right? The Dragon god isn't affected by it at all. In fact the Dragon god is the created and destroyer of Gensokyo. It is also pretty much essential for life to exist. http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Dragon_%28God%29
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X