X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(OOC) Missing Academy

So Exceed the Dawn is ded, and that other one didn't even take off! Time to scribble up a new setting!!

Prologue:
    Spoiler:

You awaken in a dark room. The room isn't dark because the lights are off, or dimmed, but because there are no lights to begin with. The only source of light is to your side, and when you turn your head to meet it a human figure stands between the light and you, separated from you by bars. Are you in a jail cell? You attempt to raise yourself to observe the figure better, but your body cries out in protest. Whatever happened to you, it wasn't good. Were you kidnapped?

"You're awake." The voice, clearly male, tells you. Its not an observation for himself, but an observation for you; you are reminded that you are not dreaming by this silhouette of a man. "I regret to inform you that this is exactly as it seems. You have been taken against your will, and you are in a holding cell." He only confirms things for you that you already knew. The alien way he addresses your conciousness both annoys and frightens you.

Your eyes begin to adjust to the situation slightly better. Behind the an are two other people, one definitely a man, the other potentially female, but its still hard to tell. You can feel your body and instincts shifting from flight to fight. You're becoming focused as your body tells you to adapt or die. You'd speak if you remembered how, but your throat denies the privileged.

"You've been beaten, drugged and locked in this cage so the two of us could have the opportunity to talk, and perhaps from this you'll be given a chance to live." The man continues. The tone of his voice tells you that you're expendable. He doesn't care about you. You're an object to him....

"Where you are from--Earth--there exists a very small potential for what you might refer to as "Magic". In contrast, where I'm from there exists an extremely high potential for it." He begins his exposition. "A select few of earthlings have formed groups of magicians, sorcerers and witches, whatever you prefer to call them, into collectives in order to combat, fight or understand what might be considered supernatural to your world. Admirable, to be certain.

Unfortunately, earthlings are particularly bad at managing these collectives due to their inexperience with the subject matter. Each time a collective has fallen apart, be it greed, pride or otherwise, the up-and-coming collectives form myths and legends regarding them: Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies, Ghosts--all results of these collapses that result in leaks in some fairly sensitive information.

This is where me, and my world come in. What I believe to be the most recent collapse resulted in a breach into my world, where some power-hungry idiots caused some problems. The first of which is that they've left an open door between all our worlds; the supernatural of both our worlds can freely come and go and cause problems as they see fit. The second is that they made a diplomatic mess in attacking and attempting to subjugate our world--I promise you they didn't last a moment. You can consider me an agent of reclamation; I'm here to help clean up the mess. I have several options;
    Destroy your world, and focus on as few entrance points as possible. Your world is a threat to mine because its a big open gateway for your monsters to attack us from....

Ignore your world and let it be torn to pieces by the impending doom caused by a group no one should have known anything about....

Or, my least favorite but the option we went with, attempt to protect both worlds, and manage the protective force because your world can't.

Luckily for you, I have some soft-hearted higher-ups that think accidental genocide is a bit too cruel, likely because our two species look exactly the same; We probably are for that matter. Unlucky for you, I'm old enough to have watched generations, empires and civilizations rise and fall, and I can safely say your world cannot handle the responsibility of protecting itself. That means I am in charge. That leads us to you...."

The man takes a step to the side, allowing the torch light behind him to show his features. He's handsome, and if you hadn't heard his voice, you would assume by his expression he's a really nice guy. Given the contrast between his voice and his careless expression confirms even more just how heartless and alien he is to you. He takes a seat in a chair that has seems to escape your vision until now, given your some perspective. He's somewhat short compared to his companions, who remain silent. The potential female is not definitely female, as her features are soft and comely. Both his companions watch both of you intently, with curious eyes.

"Since letting your world know about the magical anomalies is a bad thing, whenever someone of your world shows decent aptitude for magic, you are kidnapped. You're kept asleep with magic for a month in your time and to your world you are dead. That means you have the potential to be one of my world's spies and protect both of our worlds. We'll get to those details some time from now, but right now, lets exchange formalities. My name is Scholar, what's yours?"

You feel energy eminate from Scholar, unlocking the seal on your throat, making it both easier to breathe and giving you the ability to speak. You inhale sharply with a gasp, your timbre reminding you of your gender moments before your name escapes your lips.

"It's nice to meet you." Scholar smiles a hollow smile. "Now remain silent while explain more annoying and boring stuff...."

Scholar goes on to explain that you are, obviously, a person with great magical potential in comparison to your earthling counterparts. Because of this you were kidnapped and brought to his world and will be enrolled in a training academy not unlike a school. He reminds you often that you cannot go back home, and even attempting to do so will result in death. He encourages you to enjoy your new life, as it will likely be very new and exciting in comparison to your old one. He tells you that you have a peculiar aptitude for _____ Magic, and he'll enjoy watching you progress. Despite the situation, Scholar is very reassuring in his honesty. He doesn't attempt to tell you everything is okay, or that what happened was for a good reason. He does just the opposite; he tells you that you will be afraid and alienated. It will not be easy, and your first focus shouldn't be the magical powers, but getting used to not only yourself, but the other panicking people around you.

"If you still have doubts, If you still don't want to tackle a new future, then I have an out for you." Scholar motions to a glass containing a violet fluid on a small night stand near your bed. "That is a sweet, delicious tasting poison that will kill you painlessly and quickly after a few minutes. Its obnoxious and expensive to make, but I still retain a degree of humanity in my job, you see? If I have to kill you against your will, I'll do it nicely. I'f I have to kill you because of your conscious choice to defy me, I'll do it in the most effective way possible."

Ultimately, you decide that you will enroll in this "academy" of his. He seems pleased, but you've learned in this short time not to trust that man's tone or expression. He motions to one of his companions, who moves out of view for a moment, before returning with a glass of clear fluid. Water, as a token of good will. Scholar takes the poison from the table and leaves the glass of water there. As moves to leave he assures you that unless you "need to die", this will be the only time you'll see Scholar. He promises that the rest of the staff are nice, he's just the one with the job to be mean and kill people....

Damn, Alayo, what's with these heavy openings? btw, You're Ded! btw you're kidnapped! Gosh Im dour...

ANYWAY! Explanations and information will be in the following post, Here's will get a student roster, as well as an application format

Student Application
    Spoiler:

Name:
    Age/Gender: (High School Age)
    Appearance:
    Background:

Personality(post-kidnapping):
    Type of Magic: (See below)
    Style of Combat: (Fighting with swords? Casting from a distance? ect.)
    Year: (Everyone's a Freshman for now)

Classes: You will have 5 of these. Class 2 and 4 are decided by your magic and combat style. Class 1, 3 and 5 are normal classes, like math and language. I'll fill out the classes for you, so leave this blank
    1st: (Random)
    2nd: Magic OR Combat Class
    3rd: (Random)
    4th: The other one
    5th: (Random)

Example Application:
    Spoiler:

Name: Protagonist Boy
    Age/Gender: 16 Male
    Appearance: A Handsome young man that all the girls fall for because why not?
    Background: Some tragic thing in his past SOMEHOW relates to the situation, and has because its the only way we can add any sort of depth to him, it will remain relevant even after he abandons earth and joins the academy. Likely, his [Insert Family Member Here] Was, or was killed (or both!!) by the rouge collective! How engaging!

Personality(post-kidnapping): Moody and dark, trying to be a lone wolf who doesn't need help from anyone as he drives on in his quest to be moody and act cool.
    Type of Magic: Avatar Magic - Sword Summoning
    Style of Combat: Sword Fighting
    Year: Freshman

Classes: You will have 5 of these. Class 2 and 4 are decided by your magic and combat style. Class 1, 3 and 5 are normal classes, like math and language. I'll fill out the classes for you, so leave this blank
    1st: The class with [Tsundere Main Heroine].
    2nd: This class has [Best Friend Guy] in it, to make him seem like he's not a total tool and has friends.
    3rd: [Cute, loli Shy girl] Is in this class, as well as [That girl we really wish he'd get with, but never does]
    4th: [Tsundere Main Heroine] is in this class with him, and pretends to hate it. Also, [Blatantly Evil Rival] Is in this class! Contention!
    5th: He doesn't have this class with anyone, but for SOME REASON he meets with all important characters (Except male ones) here after this class ends!
    Last edited by Alayosho; 05-12-2016, 01:23 PM.
    I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Incomplete, because Alayosho needs rest.

Types of Magic:

Avatar Magic: Avatar Magic summons the power of super powerful beings from other worlds and manifests them as physical objects, like weapons. Avatar mages have no aptitude for Paragon Magic

Paragon Magic: Paragon Magic summons the power of super powerful beings from other worlds and manifests them upon yourself, increasing your stats, abilities and power. Paragon Mages have no aptitude for Avatar Magic.

Parallel Magic: The Magic of Scholar's World, it seems. Takes concepts and energy from other dimensions and blurs the line between yours and theirs to make the magic bleed into yours naturally.

Perhaps others???
    I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

Comment

Okay I'm gonna be 100% fucking honest.
      Alayosho. I love you man. You know this. But seriously. This needs to stop. This is literally one of the biggest things that caused me to leave the first time.
      You guys are trying to come up with far too many RP's, far too many ideas. And it stretches everyone thin and demolishes their drive to post.
      Stop oversaturating the RP Section.
      Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
      "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Kilel! How dare you give a fresh, interesting perspective to a problem you perceive! Don't you know you're supposed to be a mindless internet sheep that is driven solely by the necessity of drawing your life blood from social media!?

Jokes aside, I genuinely do enjoy your comment, and entirely agree. But I take my drive from the joking subject above, in that I derive my entertainment from the social media I am plugged into; Specifically YOU(And anyone else online that's not me). Mwhahaha. I enjoy listening to, observing and learning about all your people things, and what better way to do that than to see your perceptions of alien situations and how you would craft a "character" to live within those situations? Then we throw in my compulsive writing desire, and suddenly I'm a slave to my own desire to observe others creating things. I am trapped within a box that falls apart, and in order to retain a home, I build a new box in hopes that a new family will move in.

Poetry and Metaphor! Whoosh!

Comment

I can understand your drive to create new worlds on a regular basis. But the simple fact of the matter is that of all of the RP's that have been started in this section, only one has been completed, correct? ATWAG1? We have plenty of RP's already set up and begging for contribution and you guys are neglecting them because you're too fascinated with creating all of these brand new RPs that over and over and over and over and over. NOTHING. GETS. DONE.
          Sometimes I feel like the only normal person here
          "My Threshing has been Extra Princely Fresh"

Spoiler: Hazmer Baybee

Comment

Working...
          X