X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSU Remastered (CREATION THREAD)

Hello everyone. If you're reading this then it's probably becuase you liked Sustic's Trinity soul university rp and you wanted to see what was going on here.

Before I get into that let me jsut get a few things out of the way.

1: Trinity soul university was originally created by Sustic. The school, many of the important characters and a lot of the lore were all originally created by him

2: Before you ask yes I was given permission to make this thread by the original creator.

3: This thread is not an OOC thread. This thread is here so that all of you can pitch your own ideas for characters, NPC's magic types and the like. I can't really lea this project all by myself so i need people who understand the rp to take important roles such as being a teacher or other staff member.

4: Big thanks to sustic and s1 for helping me make this. I'll add any new names that come up depending on who helps.

With that out of the way let me explain how the rp will work.

Magic was first discovered by three brothers who are known by history as The Trinity. The three brothers discovered in their travels an otherworldly orb of pure light that just suddenly appeared. But this orb was not from their world. They studied it for a while and eventually unlocked it's power, spreading it's influence far and wide until it covered the earth.

The trinity studied the orb's energy and through it become the first mortals to discover magic. In time their studies lead them to become assented beings. The energy become whats now known as mana or magica.

From that point on magic became a hot topic for study. Scholars and seekers of wisdom from all around the globe worked together to uncover the secrets of this new craft. At first magic was considered a taboo among some religions and governments. It was seen as evil and unholy. Some people who turned into witches or warlocks through a mutation of the soul were burned at the stake for simply having their magical abilities.

However after thousand of years of prejudices, the world has finally evolved to the point of accepting beings with magic powers. That's nto to say that there are not still those who hate people with magic abilities. There is a group known as the equalists who have taken it upon themselves to continue burning witches, humans or any race that has supernatural powers.

But despite that magic can be used and studied freely in many parts of the world. Some have less restrictions than others but the world is slowly becoming more accepting to the idea of magic. Trinity Soul University is a school founded to teach young magic users how to control and master their art. While some races have more potential than others due to racial differences, no one is limited by their race. After all it was three humans that first discovered magic and it was they who first mastered it.

I'll go into more detail on the story and the lore of the land in the future. Most of you remember the lore rom the past editation of TSU and while some things have changed I'm sticking closely to the roots of the original. That being said we'll go over the more important changes next.

What will be differant?

In this version of TSU the way magic works is the biggest change that has been made. No longer will characters be bound to knowing one type of magic but rather magic as a whole can be learned. For example it's now possible to use water magic but also know how to use light or earh or nature magic as well.

All magic follows the same basic principles. You create magic from mana and determine what that mana will become through various ways. The most common way is by creating a sigil out of pure mana in order to manipulate what type of spell it will be. Other methods such as incantations or rituals can be used to cast spells.

A more skilled user can cast spells simply from memory without the need of an incantation or a sigil to guide them. However they cant' do this with simply any spell. The more complex ones which require many elements will require some other method of casting them.

The key elements of magic are Fire, Air, Lightning, Earth Water, Ordo and of cores Darkness and Light. These elements are the basis of all magic. through mixing and matching these elements, anything can become possible. for example mixing water and wind makes ice and mixing ice with fire will create an explosion. Water and earth will create nature magic and so on and so forth. But then you get to the more complicated elements. Nature and Light makes Life, Air and Ordo make Motus and Motus and life make Bestia.

In other words if you wanted to summon a low level beast to fight for you, you would need to use all of these elements in the correct order. The more elements you need for a spell, the more complex the spell becomes, the more mana it will cot and the longer it will take to cast.

In addition to this the types of magic a person can use ar also limited by their sole. fore example someone with a firey soul will be very skilled with fire magic and any elements that require fire in their creation. However they will be very poor at controlling water or may be unable to control it at all. Someone could have a jack of all traits type of soul but they would not have the same mastery of a specific element other characters would have. Because of this it make two two or more people to cast the highest level of elements also known as "Meta Magic".

Unlike Formal Magic which follows the rules we've already covered. Meta Magic is the art of temporarily altering or changing those rules. for example you could make it so the a fire ball is not hot or that something intended to seal you makes you more powerful. These elements are very complex and can not be created by a single person as it would take all of their mana to do so. Even if they have mastered all of the basic elements and understand them it woudl take to long and drain far to much magic from their being. Because of this Meta Magic can only be used when multiple master mages come together to cast a single spell.

If there is a mage who is skilled with water, one who is skilled with wind and another who is skilled with fire then the three could work together to create ice and then an explosion by adding fire to that ice. Because of this it's highly recommended you either make multiple characters or make relationships between your character and others. Have a sibling? a best friend? a lover? whatever. The more friends your'e character has the more fn you will have in the roleplay.

Where dose magic come from exactly?

When The Trinity found that orb they actually formed a connection with the Aether. The Aether is a magic realm that lives pralel to our own. The Aether supplies our plane with Mana and in return we give them Rem. Rem is the force that allows Aether beings to take a physical form. For every Aether being that is born, there is a mortal counterpart in our world that it most resembles. When the Aether picks a a being from our world to bond with, That person gains the ability to use magic.

Some people ar born with an Aether waiting on them and other have to wait for their Aether to be born. Because of this some people will gain magic at different points in their life than others. When an Aether picks a person from our world. It becomes that person's Avatar. The avatar's physical form and personality are based upon the person they've chosen to ond with. The stronger the bond is between a person and their avatar the stronger their magic becomes. When a person and their avatar become one being. that person is known as a witch.

However this dose not mean that witches are automatically the strongest magic users in all of existence. It simply menas they can more easily use their magic. Bonding with ones avatar is only one way of enhancing magical ability. Things like study, meditation and the simple repeated use of magic will also make a person a stronger mage.

Souls?

Yes as i said before what type of magic a person can use will be limited to what kind of soul they have. But that dosnt' mena your lmited to useing a fire, water, earth, wind, lightning, ordo, dark or light soul. for example you might want to give your character a soul that reflects slightly more complicated element. Maybe you're character is part beast so they have a Bestia type soul. Maybe they have a strong relation to ice? maybe they are undead and thus have the power of necromancy without knowing all to much about the elements that make up that craft. Or maybe they have a strong bond with the moon that grants them their power. (looking at you TR)

No matter what you pick there are nearly limitless possibilities for what kind of soul and what sort of power your characters may posses. All I ask is that you make whatever magic you give your character make sense and have it be balanced. In other words don't say you're guy has a soul connected to one of the Meta Magic elements and becuase of that they can create life on the spot or destroy anything with their mind.

OTHER?

I'm sure if your'e read to this pont that you still have a lot of questions. How many elements are there? is there a table for them? how do i make x kind of magic ect ect ect. I promise i'll work out all the details later on but for now I want to know. What ideas do you guys have? Is there anything I can do to make this better? Is there an element or magic type i missed? This is your chance to contribute or set things up for your own characters before the OOC is even created. Any feedbcakc you have is welcome and I will take everyone's ideas into consideration.

Lets make an RP together as a community.
    Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 06-28-2016, 07:20 PM.

Ordo? Motus? Bestia? Im confused on these words.
    "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Originally posted by Zekai View Post
      Ordo? Motus? Bestia? Im confused on these words.
      Think of them as species, like in the souls description part, a part animal character would have a Bestia soul

I´m interested in this RP since the first version of it came out, but htre has always been one constant that has pretty much ruined it, there is no control about the students and the situation.

What do I mean by that? just look at each of the versions TSU had, the students would wander around the school zone while waiting for the teachers/headmaster to act, it ended up in a mess of the characters being gods know where.

Then comes the part of magic, if you are going to a school of magic, that is because you are coming to learn about magic, it is highly probable that the students just know the basics of their abilities, but having powers that would be seen as high tier spells or even medium tier ones is something either difficult or too dangerous for a bunch of teenagers/recent adults.

The most important thing that needs to be watched is that there is at least a basic skeleton plot, that way, we all have some sort of knowledge of what is going on, not go aimlessly and bump into stuff that shouldn´t be there after much later in the RP.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Interesting how the magic is here. It kind of reminds me what I thought of doing for Revolt eventually. One question though, those Aether beings, how distinct are they? Do they have personalities, can their power levels rise or fall, that sort of stuff.

@Kristia

Kind of agree there. Also, can we please not just create a new character each time we are bored? If we do that each time then it only contributes more to the confusion, in addition to maybe making the RP more stale. In some ways it just seems like an attempt at trying to show that an RP that has gone stale isn't stale, because hey, there is activity there.
        Born in the light.
        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
        Keep Fighting.
        –Don't Forget.
        Always, somewhere,
        someone is fighting for you.
        –As long as you remember her,
        you are not alone.

Comment

@ zekai. Ordo is basicly magic used as raw mana without being given an element. Motus is motion or movement and bestia is beasts or animals.

@Kristia. Yes I think it's important to let the students have some knowledge of magic but it should be limited to basic stuff.

@Katrix: The Aether beings very as much as people in our world and their levels of power can differ as well. You're avatar will grow stronger as you do. It's also worth mentioning that no one will start out knowing their avatar. you sort of have to meet them. But you can use magic before ever meeting them so it's ok.

Comment

Wow... Didn't even talk to me or mention me anywhere in this (except for one minor easter egg). Though, it appears you're just doing this by yourself... Not mad but I kinda feel left out, Tewi.

Thus far, kinda happy to see some kind of revival. But I will say that this is definitely a more interesting recreation of the Trinity's Universe. Not sure if I like the incantation method of casting rather than the original's 'Fairy Tail'-esque magical projection. But if Harry Potter can be awesome with its spell-casting (as silly as yelling spell names may be), who's to say that this world's can't be.

That said, I'm very certain people know what I'll be doing. Seriously though, Trista is my best developed character of all-time and she has NOT ONCE been given justice by her medium. Either I have bastardised her in an attempt to keep myself interested or complications have forced her story to be cut short. That said, I did have some leftover ideas from the previous incarnation. Perhaps I can adapt them per Tewi's approval.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
            My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
            My NNID: OfficialTRXD
            Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Sorry Tr but you weren't around when i was talking to sustic and s1 about it. But the reason this thread is here is so that everyone can have a say in what happens in the rp. If there is anything you wanted to try or add or contribute then you're more than welcome to do so.

Comment

@Tewi
                Eh, I guess... Maybe I'm just being entitled. But it never seems like anyone bothers to collab with me or at least collab with me proper (by allowing me to actually have some say).
                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

Alright I've been working on the rp with some others and I've gotten a bit more work done. sorry for the late updated but I do want to let everyone know the project isnt' dead, it's just taking me some time to work on.

Teachers

Ther are going to be a number of teachers and other staff members at the school, all with different jobs. In this post i'll try to list them all and explain a bit about their job.

Headmaster/Light magic teacher: Pretty self explanatory. Is the master of the school and teaches about the light element of magic. The headmaster is also very skilled in all elements of magic and can teach any and all subjects effectively. This roll is currently being filled by sustic

Fire magic teacher: teaches abotu the fire element. currently being controlled by kristia.

Earth magic teachers: teaches about the earth element and is currently being controlled by kristia.

Dark magic teacher: teaches about the darkness element and will be controlled by myself.

Dark arts teacher: teaches the art of using magic for combat. You can learn wards, attack spells and so on. Currently controlled by S_121

Dream Weaving teacher: teaches students to make contact with their Aether and harness their power. Will be controlled by me.

The rest of the roles all still need people to fill them and i would rather not take on all of them myself.

Water magic teacher: teachers of the water element

Lightning magic teacher: teaches of the lightning element

Wind magic teacher: Teaches of the wind element

Ordo magic teacher: teaches the fundamentals of magic, mana control and spell casting

Enchanting and Alchemy teacher: teaches about enchanting and giving special powers to objects. also covers how to create certain items used for enchanting or potion crafting.

There are going to be other staff members as well. Sustic wanted to keep controll of the head nurse and i'm planning to add in a few more small NPC's such as Janitors and people to work in the cafeteria.

The MSRA

this is another big change I'm making to this version of TSU. During the old version I noticed there were a good number of apps where a person's character were attacked, abused and bullied for possessing magic powers or being of non human race. Anything from witches to humans with animalistic traits such as cat ears or fox tails.

This got me to thinking. Why isn't there some kind of support group for these individuals? In the real world it's almost certain that these groups would arise to protect and defend the people being mistreated. The MSRA or the Magical and Supernatural rights association, was my answer to this.

Their going to be a group in the rp that works with and has good relations with the school. Their job will be to find magical or non human creatures who are being mistreated and give them a safe place to grow while providing them with an education.

I'm bringing this up now for anyone who wants to use this for their app. Maybe they rescued your character. maybe your character or someone from their family is a part of the MSRA. It's all up to you really.

That's all for this update but I'll have more for you guys soon. If you have any questions I'll gladly answer all of them to the best of my ability.
                  Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 06-28-2016, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Welp. There goes one of my leftover ideas. Unless I migrate it to a random NPC or adapt it to have something with the SMRA, I'm likely gonna have to ditch it. I had a feeling it wouldn't come to fruition anyway. But I just wanted to wait and see.

EDIT: Not ditching my idea. Give me a sec. Gonna adapt it. Maybe. idk. It's in a zombie state rn.

Also, we taking teachers now? Hmm... I'm tempted to make a water teacher if that's the case. Unsure how I'd handle or portray them. Would they be a more calm and lenient teacher? Would they be very intelligent with some standards? idk.
                    Last edited by Luna Pixu; 06-04-2016, 11:18 AM.

Comment

@TR: Whatever it was you had planned I'm sure we can fit it in somewhere. As for the teacher thing the only real requirement is that they be masters of their element and that they be profesional enough to pass for a university teacher. Beyond that you can do whatever you like with them. If you want to take one of the teachers just shoot me a pm or talk to me on mumble

Comment

@Tewi
                        I see... I will likely have to bring it up with you because idk how I could go about it (besides, it's not as if you bother to speak to me...).

Comment

I STILL WANT MY HEADMASTER MR.DAICHI AND MY NURSE HANNAH

NOBODY

TOUCHES

MY HANNAH

Comment

Yeah I listed you as the one controlling both of them in my post. It wouldn't' be TSU without those two.

Comment

Your nurse is a rude woman tho >:c

But in all seriousness, I got some ideas regarding the fire and earth teachers, one is a certain mom like we all love, the other is one hell of a strong oni

Im bringing yet again my student wolf girl, but im tempted to bring a blind caretaker, what she can't see with the normal eye, she can by the souls of the people. It is still only on my mind though.
                              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                              X