Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need training in fire magic? we've got tuTORIELS if you need them :33333

Comment

I would like to keep my Seal magic if possible.
      "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

If you can explain in detail how it works then I can give you an answer.

Comment

I'll send you a pm once I get on the laptop. Just give me a minute.
          "No matter how strong or what power the enemy has, I will fight and protect my friends, even if it cost me my life to protect them. I will fight until I die to ensure their future."

Comment

Alright. today I'll tackle the part of this rp that i've been dreading since it's creation. The elemental chart. This char will explain how the elements work and what you need to make each element. That being said this is subject to change at any time until the IC comes up. If i do something silly or that doesn't make sense please let me know about it.

The basic elements
            Spoiler:

Mana (Magic in it's pure form. the lacking of an element)

Ordo

Entropy

Fire

Water

Earth

Air

Lightning

Dark

Light.

Level 2
            Spoiler:

Ice (Ordo + Water)

Cleansing aka anti evil/undead (Light + Fire)

Metal (Ordo + Earth)

Movement (Ordo + Air)

Death/ (Entropy + Dark)

Fuel (Ordo + Fire)

Nature (Earth + Water)

Lava (Fire + Earth)

Crystal (Air + Earth)

Sound (Lightning + Entropy

Flight (Air + Movement)

Storm (Water + Lightning)

Vacuum (Air + Entropy

Acid (Water + Entropy)

Magnetic (Lightning + Ordo)

Restoration/Healing/Vitality (Light + Water)

Blood: (Vitality + Dark)

Smoke: (Fire + Entropy)

Level 3
            Spoiler:

Corruption (Cleansing + Entrophy)

Beastia (Vitality + Movment)

Soul (Death + Vitality)

Blast (Fire + Ice)

Poison: (Nature + Acid)

Mechanism, (Metal + Fuel)

Hurricane: (Storm + Vacume)

Summoning (Blood + ???)

Gas (Smoke + Magnetic)

Obsidian (Crystal + Lava)

Gravity (Flight + Entropy)

Vector (Sound + Movement)

Mind (soul + Ordo)

Level 4
            Spoiler:

Illusion Good (Mind + Ordo)

Illusion Bad/Nightmare (Mind + Entropy)

Notice!!

Not done yet. I need to add more stuff for the level 4 elements and i need to make the fith level which will probably be meta magic.
            Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 07-07-2016, 02:53 AM.

Comment

I just wanna toss out there...Ordo is Orgonization, Order and Equalibrium, right?

So where's the Chaos? Isn't Lightning part of the Sky/Air?

Addendum:

I actually have a VERY (like, Almost the same) System for the elemental stuff in my novel im scribbling up, So if you wanna bounce ideas around, lemme know! I'll PM you a snip of the Base and step2 element stuff real quik
              Last edited by Alayosho; 06-09-2016, 04:43 AM.
              I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

@Alayo
                You're right! Where the heck is Chaos and Entropy? Unless that is defined as a lack of certain elements, wouldn't a pivotal and balancing element like that be present?

Also, I think Lightning is basically Electricity. What you're thinking of is Storm (which is Water/Lightning).
                Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Ordo in this version is basically the lack of any of the other elements. It's meant to be seen as using pure mana or something. Anywho like i said it's not finished so just hang tight for a bit while i procrastinate.... i mean work on this.

Comment

Small update. worked on the elements a bit and have an idea for a new teacher. Sustic also said he might be splitting the jobs of headmaster and light magic teacher into two staff members so that might be a thing. Depends on what he wants to do.

Comment

Magic = Thaumcraft
                      TSU in a nutshell

Comment

That would imply that thaumcraft invented Thaumaturgy. While I won't claim to know where Thaumaturgy I do know that it was in D&D long before minecraft was a thing. I took insperation from that the same way Thaumcraft probably did.

Comment

I really don't think of this magic system as that of Thaumaturgy. Yes, at it's core, Thaumaturgy is merely the practice of magic (primarily on physical entities) but I perceive it as something different. While both do harness a multitude of elements and mix them together for either more complex elements or feats, they're both rather different imo.

To me, Thaumaturgy is more focused on decompiling matter into a magical form and then either using that magical energy to form new things or casting spells (with the assistance of a casting device if one is not magically-attuned). It's a very scientific-focused magic. With enough insight and knowledge, one can determine how much of a specific material, being, or spirit is needed to create your desired object or spell. Physics classes would be a hell of a lot more complex with Thaumaturgy in the mix.
                          This magic system however doesn't really tap into the idea of matter <-> magical energy (it can go one way because earth magic etc. but the other is tougher). As Tewi pointed out, all mana and magical energy is produced by the Aether and not by native living beings or by matter. This is the key difference between the two systems. Instead of being able to tap into matter, one can only tap into their soul (and other souls) for magical energy. Since mana is a foreign element to the Trinity World, it is impossible to create mana or magical energy from matter without the proper means. Perhaps Tewi might allow this or perhaps it's already possible to practice Thaumaturgy (maybe under a different concept than Azanor's or mine).

imo one can't really call this magical system Thaumaturgy unless you're going by the most base definition.
                          Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
                          My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
                          My NNID: OfficialTRXD
                          Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

@TR: Some of the elements used are actually based on thaumaturgy but the system as a whole is based off elemental magic. Primarily from an old role player I knew from another site only I changed a few things and put my own spin on it. that being siad there are going to be some items in the rp that you can use either from enchanting or other means that hve some magic aspects but these items all come from the aether and can only be obtained by trading something from our world that is of equal value. I actually got that idea from FMA and Botania.

Comment

It was just a jooooooookeeeee????

But in all seriousness, I more or less agree with your system of magic, even though my personal system is mainly based on the five kami and their elements. I've been creating my own explaination of magic since I started my fanfiction and I believe that there are many different schools and many different ways of using magic.

Also, the Law of Equivalent Exchange is a must for anything magical.

Comment

Kind of interesting seeing how people look at thaumaturgy when in normal English it just "magic". Nothing more, nothing less. If you go back some years to something more specific is just means miracle worker, or the act of performing miracles.

@Lunasa

I don't see why such rules are a must? I've made many magic systems without it, and where I tried to apply it, it just came in the way as something annoying.

@Tewi

What capabilities are there to gauge what soul a person has? Is it possible to "prepare" an Aether for a chosen person?
                                Born in the light.
                                Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                                Keep Fighting.
                                –Don't Forget.
                                Always, somewhere,
                                someone is fighting for you.
                                –As long as you remember her,
                                you are not alone.

Comment

Working...
                                X