Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Woods | California

Alex could see clearly Jason spinning the log slightly before jumping off at an angel, all while firing off more shots at him as he fell. It was becoming abundantly clear to Alex that Jason's reaction time was far greater than even he had predicted. He had already assumed it to be great but now he was predicting it to be somewhere between 18 and 25 times faster than an average humans. To make matters worse the bullets he had deflected before had turned around and were heading back to him. Alex's deflection wasn't currently on from behind as all of the vectors behind him were pushing him forward, meaning an attack from the rear would be accelerated straight through his body, and even worse the bullets were still moving faster than he was. Luckily Alex was able to see them coming and had a plan.

Alex flew straight through the tree's truck, entering one side and leaving the other and then using the think trunk of the tree to absorb some of the bullets for him. One of the ones from the back did manage to graze his left arm, but fortunately for Alex he was right handed. that and despite making a nasty cut the bullet didnt' get stuck inside, meaning he could keep fighting without too much pain. After stopping on the tree for a moment he let the other bullets catch up with him, only to reveres all the kinetic energy back against them, causing them to lose all momentum and fall away. Alex then jumped from tree to tree, guiding himself with the vectors and then pushing each of the 15 or so trees that were still air born towards Jason.

Understanding the sheer speed of Jason's reflexes Alex stopped playing around and sent each tree in his direction at a whopping twelve hundred miles per hour. He had to reflect the sound waves away from him, making himself deaf for a moment so the multiple sonic booms from permanently damaging his hearing. If that wasn't loud enough the trees impact with the ground was sure to make a lot of noise that even the infinite line soldiers back at the road couldn't miss it.

Doing all of this was started to weaken Alex, he had used a lot of power and taken a bit of damage, he was bleeding but the wound would clot soon enough so he wasn't at any risk of bleeding out. To Alex it felt like the first 400 yards of a mile run. he was breathing heavier to let more oxygen into his brain and his heart was pumping faster, but he was far from done.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Woods | California

Jason was focused on the dirt cloud, mainly on the figure who was marked in his HUD. Just as Jason had figured, this kid went on the offensive yet again and rose up out of the clouds. The kid must have been booking it, because he was moving at what looked like 5 mph. Based on what he was taught about his abilities, he would have been moving at close to 700 mph. Jason was careful yet again, not wanting this kid to suddenly intercept him, laying down a barrage of 10 more bullets. In the meantime, on Alex's way up, the 15 bullets from before had turned around like miniature supersonic jets and flew at him yet again, bringing the total bullets hitting to 25. The moment Alex was within the desired range, Jason jerked at the tree to place his feet on the trunk and kicked off as hard as he could, sending him rocketing diagonally downward as he squeezed the trigger again, firing off 27 more bullets on his collision course with the ground.

(Man, this kid has got to die or back off! They'll be here any minute! I gotta see if I have anything up my sleeve...), Jason thought to himself as all this happened. As he flew towards the ground, Jason quickly opened up his nanomachines' command menu and started to search through the various commands he could give them. Most of them were meant for dealing solely with the Infinite line, but perhaps one of them could help in this fight. That's when he saw it. Well, it was not exactly the perfect counter, but it would surely protect him from much of the damage he might sustain later. With that, Jason ran the subroutine designed to combat IP-095.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Woods | California

Alex could feel Jason leaving the ground and made a prediction as to his trajectory He was able to calculate it well enough before jumping high above the dirt that was now clouding his vision, and amplifying the magnitude of his upward momentum to send himself soaring. He ran into a barrage bullets on his way up, each of them bouncing off of him and back towards Jason, However these bullets seemed to be capable of changing their own direction, one of the man ways the higher ups were helping it's soldiers fight against vector manipulation and assisting with aim. Once he could see Alex altered his direction to compensate for the lack of visibility before and putting him on a collision cores with Jason. Once Alex was sure he was going to hit him head on, he accelerated his momentum again, going 700MPH with his fist out like superman. Alex might not have gotten another chance to hit him so he had to make this count.

All the while he had to be careful to control the amount of G force his own body was under, pushing it all away from himself and into whatever he came into contact with.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    (Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Hot wind Blowing (Wind of Destruction) (1:04) <Play song until next audio que.>)
    Woods | California

The only thing Jason saw was a burst of dirt as the ground he was on was nearly vaporized from the shockwave, and up he went, soaring high above the treeline. It certainly took him by surprise, and even jarred him a little, but he was still in this fight. Seeing one of the many trees uprooted and soaring into the sky, Jason put away his grenade launcher and grabbed on with his now free hand. Using his momentum, Jason rotated himself and the log so that he was now facing the ground, and with Alex still targeted, Jason opened fire with his assault rifle, sending down a rain of hot 7.62x51mm lead.

Meanwhile, Alex would have seen nothing but dirt, at least until a stream of at least 15 bullets ripped through the dust clouds and straight at him.

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    Military owned backroad in California

013 did not really bother to move out of the way as the Jellybean flew right by him. Seeing the Jellybean zoom past his head, he just looked at it with confusion. "What the..." Was all he could muster before looking at the approaching girl.

All the while the men who 013 had ordered to stop Senna, had just gotten up after dodging the previously fired gun shots. One of them ended up responding to Senna.

"Sorry girl, but I got-" The man said. He was about to say 'he's got orders', but before he could finish he heard out 013 call out to them, and the other two that were previously dealing with Sam's group.

"New orders men! Leave her be and regroup. I'll deal with the girl!" He called out. Hearing all that, his men just looked even more confused before shaking their head and shrugging. The two that were previously dealing with Senna were now getting up to group up. This went for the two men which were taking cover near Samantha's truck. They had quickly gotten up and are running to the other two men to regroup. Cautiously at that.

013 on the other hand was processing things in his mind. This girl sounded familiar to him before. He was sure of that. Not only that, but when he heard her yell out 'brother' at the top of her damn lungs, the use of a sniper rifle, and a odd fascinaton with sweets. As indicated by her asking if there was any cake over the radio, and tossing a jellybean at them... This all made him continue to think of who this person is... he had a hunch, but he couldn't be certain. All he could think of to do was turn to face her completely. As he did he spoke to Samantha.

"Try and get a vehicle ready, and I'll go with you. I called for backup earlier for my men, and they will pick up my soldiers out here on the field. Now let me deal with this nuisance."

He stood strong and firm while facing her as she approached quickly. He then began to raise his arms up slowly, almost as if it looked like he was preparing to hug her... but it wasn't certain if that's what he was going to do. However all he needs is to make her think that he's preparing to open his arms for a hug. After all, if it's who he THINKS it is, she'll probably fall for it. Meanwhile he has... other intentions.

Sacramento

The Green guy just tilted his head again, but he immediately replied. "Well I can't just leave ya be. I mean what kind of guy wouldn't return a favor? After all ya scratched mah back, now I gotta scratch yours. Now if ya wanna run away, and do it fast. I can help ya. After all I know the sewers better than anyone, and what better route to take than the sewer system!" He spoke in response as he followed her up to her apartment. He had a rather sincere tone, and it seemed as if he was really willing to help.

"I don't remember much of mah life, and to my knowledge it's been a darn short life. Besides I'm not the most well known guy, so to be honest I don't care about any dangers. So just let a guy help ya out. 'Kay?"
    Last edited by SUSTIC; 09-30-2017, 12:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied

Samamtha nodded at the officer "Very well, we have a similar adversary, but as you said, this is not a safe zone." 34's "ear" tilted at the oncoming.. Jellybean? And she moved her head out of the projectile's track "Did she just fired a jellybean?." she asked out loud, mostly out of the odfity of it.

"Be careful with that girl, she has unconventional weapons in the form of desserts." Came Lynchwood's voice from Sam's radio, but also loud enough for the officer to hear them. "I can make some cover fire and get you a vehicle if you wish." the blonde smarksmann offered to the duo.
    Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 09-28-2017, 03:04 PM. Reason: fixed the location tag.

Leave a comment:

• LilyScarlet
    replied
    900 yards

Seeing the slight color change in the distance, that and most of her rounds being shot down instantly made her mind and heart race, making her believe that they might've thought she was a threat, that or government backup. She slowed a tad bit to a halt before she took out some jellybeans from one of her ccompartments. All this work was making her hungry, but she needed to try something. She took the jellubean and chucked it with all her might towards her target as a bit of a test.

("That armour glowed a bit didn't it? That means something is up with that animalia")

She then put her attention again to the two running towards her.

" you know? Maybe rushing in without explaining who I was.... probably a stupid idea."is what she said towards the men.

"listen, I'll give you a chance to let me talk to the man, or I'll be forced to use my cake rounds in their natural length. And trust me, I still don't know how much drawbacks it causes the victim." she would aim the soldiers towards her targets and look at them with almost a menacing gaze, even though she is still in her armor.

Leave a comment:

• SUSTIC
    replied
    ((Quick post))

013 was mildly annoyed at her insistence on getting the information she needed now, but he couldn't help it. Things were NOT safe here. There are far too many potential risks at the moment. Not only that but he has a feeling that backup might be arriving soon, and it's not HIS backup he's worried about. It's the military's backup. After all, there's a high chance that the Military base roughly over 20 miles down this road, would have caught wind of what had just happened here. Because of that 013 is wanting to get out of here as soon as possible.

However before he could respond, he heard the sound of gunshots being fired. His men did too. In fact they ended up diving to the side to try and avoid getting shot, at the same time Samantha fired her own rounds from her gun to try and intercept the potential enemy.

After that 013 turned to Samantha and with a calm, but somewhat angered and annoyed look spoke. "Listen I don't intend to be mean or anything, but this is NOT the place to discuss something important as that. After all there's probably backup from the Military on their way right here, and I can be sure that it's not going to be just a few trucks filled with standard soldiers. I don't know what it is they'll be sending out, but this is NOT the place to talk. I'm sorry for whatever problem you're having, but if you want to talk in the presence of our men, then fine. Just right now, we should be focusing on trying to get away from this place. My men and I, our mission so far has been a total bust. We got intel that the Government's convoy were transporting some type of military project. We tried to commandeer the convoy and find out what it was they were transporting, but once we actually searched we found nothing. Whatever the government has got away from this place and must be either really dangerous. Or really smart. Possibly both. That, combined with the potential threat of the military sending reinforcements makes this place highly dangerous. Do you hear me? You can take me in for questioning. I don't care. Just right now, it's NOT safe." 013 spoke, trying to drive in the point that no one is safe out here home.

Leave a comment:

• Kristia
    replied

Things were going south faster than she needed, Samantha needed the information now, but she had to stay calm "Look, things went up in flames too fast so I-" her speech was interrupted as the figure running at them fired, in an instant, the vulpine project took her revolvers. It was as if time slowed down, the senses of Sam went to their peak point, the ears of her helmet were focused on the general area of the now female figure that her eyes and nose sensed, it was the same with the oncoming threat of the sniper rounds.

The world became a mere image, Samantha could see the movements with incredible detail, this reflex time was one of the abilities the experiment had received, it wasn’t that she had slowed the flow of time, none of that, it was her own body that was working beyond its natural limits, each of her five senses were in overdrive, giving constant feedback to the hybrid’s brain. A normal second would become nearly seven to ten, it could go far more, but for now, those seven seconds were enough for Sam to act against the figure.

034 was in total peace in this moment, her body and mind working together as her fingers pulled the triggers of the revolvers, firing the cumulative twelve rounds to the female's oncoming bullets, if anyone were to pay attention to Sam, they would see that the armor of hers had a faint glow in the connections between her limbs, if the bullets weren't going to hit the sniper rounds, they would at least stop the figure from getting closer.

Leave a comment:

• Koishi
    replied
    Sacramento

"Yes, agains. Yes, somethin' bad happened, and I's really, really dun' thinks you'd wanna be involved, Mr. Marshmellow." Koi replied as they went inside the building, leaving the door open as they headed upstairs calmly. Luckily, her abode was only a small walk up, to which she unlocked the door and began to quickly grab things. Toothbrush, some assorted food and water, a sleeping bag she used instead of sheets.

In about a minute, they about grabbed everything they had, stuffing it into quite a large backpack. Given, the amount she had wasn't too much, but Koi was not focused on the details right now, only aiming to get out quickly.
    Last edited by Koishi; 09-27-2017, 04:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    This used to be a nice forest | California

Alex knew Jason wouldn't face him head or or keep running from him in a straight line. In fact he was expecting him to try and pull another fast one and either sneak by him or launch himself away in some manner. When he started charging towards him however it was all clear. the grenade that hit Alex exploded on contact, the force of the explosion spreading and curving around him while Jason tried to slide past him. Just as Alex predicted he would do. Alex knew it wouldn't be easy if even possible to catch him if he didn't change his tactics as Jason clearly had a superior reaction time.

However this time he was ready. With his foot being dragged through the ground like a knife he was getting plenty of vibrations to use via echo location. Even with his vision completely obscured by the smoke and fire from the blast, and his eyes closing instinctively, he could tell where Jason was. His reaction time might have been slower than Jason's but it was still faster then the average human's allowing him to time his next attack well enough. As Jason was sliding past him Alex forced his other foot into the ground, sending a powerful shock wave into the ground similar to the one he had at the start of the fight. Every tree within 600 yards was uprooted and sent about 100 feet skyward. Alex didn't know how heavy Jason was in his armor, but surely he must have been lighter than a tree to be able to catch one and ride it's momentum, meaning he would likely be sent even higher then them at a faster ate since it took less force to move him and he didnt' need to be derooted from the ground first.

He quickly turned 180 degrees to see if his plan had worked and to prepare his follow up or counter attack depending on what went on

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Woods | California

As Jason landed, he could see the edge of his knife was glowing red hot. It seemed that the kid was not only capable of reflecting vectors hitting him, but also amplifying the force put out after reflection. He hastily put away his knife as Alex came by for another pass and though he was traveling at a blistering 400 mph, Jason saw it as a mere 2.8 mph, nearly a crawl. He could see the dirt, twigs, and splinters being kicked up from his maneuver, and in this moment Jason knew the battle was picking up.

(Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Hot wind Blowing (Wind of Destruction) <Play song until next audio que.>)
    (Alright, no more playing around. Time to double-time this little fight.), Jason thought as he pulled out his XM40 Grenade Launcher and marked Alex on his HUD.

With that, Jason darted towards him at a blistering 70 mph. For a moment it looked like Jason was going to simply charge at him, but without a moment's notice, Jason fired at the ground in front of Alex, causing a cloud of debris and shrapnel to erupt from the blast. Immediately after, Jason dropped to one knee and slid right past Alex's leg as he pulled out his CORAS C2G7 Assault Rifle next.
    Last edited by S121; 09-27-2017, 03:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tewi_Inaba
    replied
    Woods | California

As Alex got closer to his target he began to expect some funny business from him. Weather or not Jason realized it they were playing a game in which Alex only needed to win once. If he managed to catch him that would be the end of it, but just what was he trying by standing still. as he neared him he brought his right arm into position attempting to knife hand Jason before he had feigned his false direction. He might have fallen for it if he weren't already commuted to an attack. However he ended up missing anyway, only just managing to graze his armor before Jason brought his own knife into the fray. However Alex was starting to get annoyed, He flexed his metaphorical muscles and waited for the knife to come into contact with his reflection before he amplified it 10 full, pushing all the kinetic energy of the knife going into him back in the opposite direction. Weather this would knock the knife our of Jason's hand or simply break the blade was unknown.

He didn't waste any time this time, the moment his foot touched the ground he sent more vibrations through it, getting a feel for where Jason was before changing his direction with vector manipulation. He sent himself backwards at the great expense of the ground which he had pushed all that energy back into as he launched himself at a full 400mph at Jason, his foot still placed firmly in the ground and slicing the earth like a knife. this would let him change direction more quickly as he continued his relentless assault.

Leave a comment:

• S121
    replied
    Woods | California

Jason seemed to stand his ground not moving as he focused in on Accelerator. He knew that depending on how he moved, Accelerator would most likely be able to alter his own direction suddenly to accommodate. It would be best to wait till the last millisecond. In the meantime, it was time to test this esper again to see his limits, this one being whether or not sustained contact on a single point would wear him down. To this end, Jason pulled out one of his combat knives and stood prepared with a reverse grip. The moment Alex came within range, Jason feigned a left, then suddenly darted to the right, sliding the blade in his left hand across Alex's ribs. He didn't stop there and instead used the strength in his legs to jump away from behind, hoping to put some distance between them both and see what results would arise. The knife did not maintain the exact contact he wanted, but it would have to do until he received another opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• Katrix
    replied
    (Guess I should start taking action again now, it's been a bit long)
    Air above military owned backroad in California

Sidna had kept her distance for most of the events that had transpired. Interrupting anything at the moment would be pointless. She had neither the equipment or the firepower to help. Instead she just watched as the soldiers suffered one by one, making sure to keep track of where everyone was at the same time. The only other thing she did was to send a request for 50 high grade combat drones which would arrive from the air.

After a bit more waiting, when it looked like stuff had settled down, she finally contacted HQ. "The transfer didn't go exactly as planned. The subject escaped as a rouge resistance group confronted the situation. Since then 2-3 more groups have shown up, showing an interest in the subject. Among them are is a person controlling lightning, presumably IP-13, a cherry girl that can't be anyone else than IP-07, an armored fox hybrid, some sort of marksmann which I am sure I have not seen personally myself before, and the terrorist known as Accelerator. Based on the amount of disruption and fallen trees in the forest, the subject is currently battling Accelerator, while the others are talking. I'm keeping a close watch on them all. Going to send a few drones after the IP ones to see their reaction shortly". Sidna then switched to a different line. "Ceres, nothing final yet, but I want you to stand by, ready to deploy if need be. Your objective is to convert or destroy follow IP line soldiers" Sidna said to Ceres over another line.

After that Sidna made the final preparations for the 50 drones that had just arrived in the air. 45 of them would engage the enemy head on, while the last 5 would give chase when needed. At the same time Sidna had moved her own drones over a bit to not get noticed together with the swarm of drones that had just arrived.
    Last edited by Katrix; 09-26-2017, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X