X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OOC Board] Stranded

Not much to it, it's an RP about being a sad circus clown.

JK it's about being stranded (duh) on an island. Now then, for the glorious timeline...

[PLACE TIMELINE HERE]

Who needs a timeline anyways? I just need to tell you the details in order.

Once upon a time, there was a man named Jack. He grew up a poor child, his family slowly becoming bankrupt, until they died of starvation, supporting him with all of their food. From then on, he did anything to become successful. He studied hard, trained well, and grasped any opportunity he got. He even grew a family. Sadly, though, with his success came those who became jealous. During work, he noticed one of his understudies absent from work. When he got back home, he found his family dead, murdered. The next day, he was devastated. He suspected his understudy, but he let go of that thought, thinking it was just him jumping to conclusions.

Now, this was an unusual world. One day, a month after the tragedy, the goddesses had descended to Earth to portray a message that those who were chosen by them would be given a power of their will. Jack did anything in his power to achieve this goal. He wanted to gain the ability to revive everyone; his parents and his family. Then, at last, the winner had been decided... but Jack's attempts had ended in vein. A random group had been selected. Including his understudy. He was consumed by grief. He was constantly nudged on by his understudy that there was always next time.

One night, Jack watched the late night cameras from the past month. Then he saw something... something terrible. He saw his understudy planning a murder. That was bad enough... until he saw that the murder was planned for that night. The night that his family was murdered. Then, an hour later, he left. 712, 15 minutes before the murder. Then, 20 minutes later, he returned. It was in that interval of time his family was murdered. He knew... not what he had to do... but what he wanted to do.

The next morning, the understudy came into Jack's office. He asked if Jack was alright. Jack didn't answer. Then, he said that he didn't need those powers. Jack got angry and stood up. He yelled at his understudy. This is the conversation.

"Whoa, boss, take it easy!"
    "Easy?! I just spent my time, energy and space into getting those powers, but they were all in vein!"
    "You don't need those powers, they're just fool's gold!"
    "You would know! You have them!"
    "I didn't need them, I was just given an advantage in life! I was just given a one-up, I can use these powers to increase this incorporation's funding!"
    "Increase this inco- you would care!"
    "What are you-"
    "I SAW THE FOOTAGE!"
    "... what?"
    "You... you... you..."
    "I what?!"
    "YOU KILLED MY FAMILY YOU PSYCHO!!!"

After that, Jack flipped his desk. It was nailed to the floor. There was no super strength. Just his anger. The understudy tried to defend himself using his wind magic and tried to kill Jack. But Jack had reached a new state of anger; he had reached inhuman speed, strength, reaction, and perception. The understudy was no match. All that was found the next morning was many scratches on the walls from the wind scythes... and the understudy's body, bloody... and his heart, on the floor next to his broken body. There were no signs of Jack's blood anywhere.

Jack reached a new anger. He wanted revenge on all of the winners of magic to send a message to the goddesses that he was treated unfairly.

The story begins before a party for all of the magic users. There will be magic users, families of said magic users, and even some who slipped in who have no ties. That means your character begins at their house preparing for the party. But during the party, everyone will be knocked out and will be sent an island, where there will be assassins sent to kill you. You are suppressed of your magic, but the assassins are not. Though there are few, there are assassins that bear a special device that allow them to use their magic. Your job: get as many devices as possible, form alliances or destroy them, and escape the island. Each device will let you use your magic, and the more you collect, the more powerful you become and the greater the distance of your magic increases. But let's not forget that you are stranded. You need to strive for food. Invade enemy camps and/or kill the inhabiting animals. Be careful, though: you are on an extremely dangerous island, filled with many predators searching your blood. Even the assassins would have a hard time surviving. Good luck. Remember: Start at the party, not the island.

CHARACTER TYPES:
    Macic users
    Family of Magic user (means they are related to someone who earned the magic)
    Strangers (No magic, no family, just a bunch of reckless teens and/or adults who decided to crash the party)
    Assassins (those sent to kill you)
    ... Animals? (... animals? Yes, you can even be an animal...)

MAGIC TYPES:
    The goddesses said whatever you wish, so go crazy! Any type of magic and/or enhancements are acceptable.

APPLICATION (use this as an example):
    Name: Jack
    Sex: Male
    Appearance: Black hair that goes to his chin, red eyes, 6'3", and wears business suit.
    Type: Leader
    Magic (if chosen a magic type): None (don't put this down if you haven't any magic)
    Skills: Reached inhuman attributes without magic: Was able to kill a full powered wind user. (applies to all types. It means like if you happen to be good at using weapons, a mechanic, etc.)
    Personality: Cold-hearted towards those with magic and the goddesses.
    Biography (optional, but recommended): (look above)

There will be no weapons or gear. You either have to find them, steal them, or forge them. Sign up here. Maybe, if this goes out successful, we can turn this into an IRP, an interactive Role Play, where I set up a minecraft map and we interact there.

May the battle for your life begin.
    Last edited by wonderweiss; 08-12-2013, 08:18 PM.

There are two reasons I double post here.
    1. I wanted to make sure that everyone saw the edit.
    2. I want to add someone to the actual party.

Name: Gerard Teranous
    Sex: Male
    Appearance: Long white hair, 5'6", gold eyes.
    Type: Magic user
    Magic: Wind magic
    Skills: Swordsmanship
    (I almost forgot this one) Morality: Lawful Neutral
    Personality: Keeps a straight face. Is kind to others. Will attack hostiles without thought.
    Biography: He grew up just fine. He had a great education, grew a family, and had a successful job. One day, the goddesses chose him to use magic. He chose the wind magic, to increase the effectiveness of his sword. (see? It doesn't have to be long. But then again, don't make it too short like 'Oh, this guy was chosen, or this guy snuck into the party' if you're going to make it short make it short with detail)

Anyways, here's another type I'm adding: Goddess. You can become a goddess, but please don't god-mode. Being a goddess means watching the action unfold before you and you choose whether it's entertaining or terrible. You may show up to bless others, but only those who deserve it. In reality, goddess isn't the best type.

Another thing: This may or may not become fast paced. I will try to prevent it as best as possible, but if it gets a little faster, I will either arrange things or just let the tide kick in. One liners aren't funny (badum, tsss. See what I did there?) But, they might be acceptable if you are conversing with someone and there is no way to extend it or add detail.
    Last edited by wonderweiss; 08-12-2013, 08:49 PM.

Comment

This looks interesting, not because of the magic, but because there's a need to survive in a dangerous location. I'll likely join this RP.

Comment

Working...
      X