X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary IC

(6:00 am) Tempus: It's been ten days Since Kami's attack on the pyromantic shrine, and already the King of the land of Shíjiān was in a panic. In this short time an alliance had been formed among the nations. King Omas had moved the book of Chronomancy to his castle for safe keeping. He, the currant priest of time and their close men and allies where attempting to fight back the undead pledge that stormed the capital. "HOLD STRONG MEN! WE CANNOT ALLOW THEM TO BREACH THE INNER WALL!!" Omas shouted to his men. There were innocent people within the capital and all of them would become mindless undead slaves. General Rem who lead the attack was standing on the other side of the wall. The creature seemed to be a skeleton who wore a dar jacket which had metal spikes on the solders and over the rib cage. From the waist down he appeared to be covered in a dark heavey looking armor The only parts of his body that were actually visible were hit head and his hands which were both pure bone.

"Chronomancers..." he muttered. "The biggest pain in my neck since i had flesh." (I honestly don't know why the mistress wanted to sit this one out. Dante is guarding the entrance to Seiiki,not that anyone could ever find it. What i the devil is that girl up too?) With a heavy sigh, the Lich listed his boney hand and pointed his boney finger. Behind him where twelve full sized catapults which held large boulders that had been soaked in oil. A red flash of light came from the Arcane shard placed at Rem's core which was visible from the holes where his eyes used to be. simultaneously the boulders where set a blaze by Rem's magic. "Fire at will."

(6:00 am) Silverwood Grove: Gorck the current leader of the Yaju tribe has taken action into his own hands. Because of their lack of experianced magic users, the Yuja have been low priorety for Kami's army. there were not however being left out. The Yuja played a role in the genoside of ecromancers a thousand years ago and they would be dealt with. Gorock was a human/rhinoceros hybrid. His animal half gave him skin tough like armor and incredible strength. He was very tall and had a buff frame. on top of that the horn on his head was known to be the death of many enemy. Rumors stated that he was able to crush giant boulders and run through concrete walls. "SOLDIERS!... brothers and sisters of the Yaju tribe. The enemy think they can ignore us.... The Alliance begs for our help. And some of our own would abandon us. but WE! The inhabitants of the silverwood will be the ones to defete the undead Scourge. NOT THE HUMANS, NOT THE ABAIN, BUT US!" He preached to his people as they all cheered, letting out cries of war. "The Alliance is trying to protect the last of their precious magic tomes. While they defend, WE SHALL ATTACK!" The Yaju worries let out in a busrt of roars and loud cheering as the lifted their weapons in miner celebration. Once the Yaku had calmed, Gorock cracked his neck and addressed his worriers seperetly. umong those he gave specific orders, one of them was named Lucas. He instructed the bird to go after the undead generals in hopes that he could find the location of the stolen books. they were next to useless to the Yaju but steeling them would certanly hurt the ecromancer's planes. The Yaju would soon make themselves heard in this war.

MAP AND LIST OF KNOWN LOCATIONS
    can be expanded at any time within reason.

Shíjian: A large city surrounding the capital of Tempus. Easily the most advanced sivilasation currently on Lore.

Gensei Woods: A massive forest area and mountain range to the west of Shijian. The silverwood grove is somewhere within this massve forest.

The land of Cinders and Ashes: A small riverside eastern village where the Pyromantic shrine used to be located. The village is known for it's beauty and for it's many rice feilds. The village is North of Shíjian.

Ebon Ridge: Ebon is a settelment to the south of Shijian. There are mines and canyons all through the land but the mane atraction there is the Geo Shrine.

Kenji: A town by the ocean and actually on it. a large portion of the town is built on the water in the form of docs. The water shrine is here.

Mt.Ventus a mountain north of the land of Cinders and Ashes. The mountian is inhabited only by the wind shrine ad the people who trian there.

ALTERNATE PLANE OF EXISTANCE

Limbo: The gods have either died off or abandoned this world after the war of the fates. There was nowhere for ghosts to go so the world Limbo came into existance. It's neither heavenly nor hellish, (think of it being similar to the nether world in touhou)

Seiiki: The tiny realm crated by Kami to hold and protect the last surviving necromancers. It's said to be quite beautiful but little is known about it. There is an entrance to this world somewhere in Lore but as of yet only members of Sanctuary know where it is or that it exists at all.

Heaven?: At one point in time Celestial beings lived in the place called heaven, however since the war of the fates there have been no mentions of heaven or any divine beings. dose heaven even still exist? Even if it dose how and why would you go there?
    Last edited by Tewi_Inaba; 09-06-2013, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Shíjian

Moving fast on the road towards the human city, the hooded figure made her way as fast as she could as the attack to the city already started. The smoke of battle was already being seen in the horizon as the figure kept running to the source. What impresed her at the moment was that the undead weren´t at sight from where she was, the whole road was empty, so she took advantage of it and started running faster with her instincts.

The hooded figure then smelled it, the fetid scent of the undead, by the gods it was an horrible scent and it was getting stronger and stronger as she kept getting closer to the city. Seeing the gates of Shíjian, the hooded figure saw it, the undead were there doing their siege in their rythm, not stopping, not hesitating, mindless beings who lost their path to rest in peace by the nechromancers

Running on the edge of their eye view, the hooded figure climbed her way on a house to avoid being seen and have an aerial advantage.

("Just a bit closer.., I have to get to their side before hell breaks loose") she thought while jumping through the roofs towards the capital of Shíjian, Tempus.
      Last edited by Kristia; 09-05-2013, 09:04 PM.
      Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

The Land of Cinders and Ashes

Toran had been wandering for some time towards the east since the little fight with him and his necromancer.

"Hmm... If memory serves, the land of cinders and Ashes should be right around..."

He looks at the horizon as it shows the land of cinders and Ashes.

"... here. Perfect. I needed some peace."

Just today, he had been attacked by numerous beasts, and one of them even took his leg. He eventually got his leg back, but now he's walking awkwardly due to a stone cast he made for the leg to reattach.

"I just hope I'm not attacked by anything else today... For some reason, I thought of something... I wonder if the master is still alive. She is a sturdy one. But then again, I did use a powerful geomancy technique on her. She would be badly banged up if she were still alive. Though she did call me disgusting and a disgrace and nothing more than a pet and slave. I guess she deserved it."

He walled on towards the village.

Comment

Tempus

At the top of the tallest tower of the capitol, Stood a lone figure looking over the entire battle, a man with a silver mask. The soldiers looked like mere ants swarming over each other. He watched on as the catapults launched their flaming ammunition. He watched on as death rained down upon the capitol. All the while his fingers carefully outlined the gemstone pattern set into the leather cover of the book he held, its pages filled with unknown secrets. Fires lit up the capitol here an there. Fire consumed all it touched. Fire consumed all. The man's cloak gently flowed forth from him as the breeze picked it up. He closed the book gently as the destruction continued. He looked off into the direction from whence others approached. "Ah...the Yaju..." A smirk worked it's way across his features, yet it could be seen that his complexion remained grave. "...And so it begins."

Comment

Shíjian

Lucas hovered above the undead army, considering where he should look to locate the general. He was hovering in between the city and some wooden contraptions near the edge of the army, he thought it was probably some wooden fortifications, it was hard to see without the sun. He needed to find the general and land fast, not because he was tired, he was used to flying all day and was perfectly fine, but the sun was rising soon and hovering over the undead army as he was, he would be spotted easily.

Just then fire flared up at the wooden contraptions, which he saw now were actually catapults, some of those new war machines recently introduced to Lore. Then the flaming boulders flew into the air towards the city, and towards Lucas who was in the way. He dived quickly and found a safe spot to observe the catapults in action. The fire had started seemingly without any torches or the like, they had flared up at the same time, this could only be explained by the presence of a fire user. And those in the undead army who could use magic were probably the generals. This was confirmed as the catapults prepared to fire again. This time he watched as the boulders were doused in oil and as a flash of red light came from a creature nearby, the boulders once again caught fire, and were sent on their way to sow more destruction within the city. He could tell it was a skeleton by its visible head and hands which were bones. But as he flew closer, he saw through the skeleton's eye socket a crystal similar to the one Lucas had in his pack. Lucas had found out that it was an arcane stone, but it was no use to him. The presence of one with this skeleton meant it was probably one of the generals. Lucas examined the creature's attire and thought back to some information he had heard back at the tribe. So this was General Rem.

Lucas hovered near the ground at the edge of the army, keeping Rem within his sight. Rem didn't seem to be going anywhere, he was too busy attacking the city and commanding the army. Lucas considered trying to locate another general who was going somewhere Lucas could follow, but he rejected the idea. Just finding Rem was quite lucky, his chance of finding another general in this multitude would be close to none, the other generals were probably else where.

" Now I just have to wait for the battle to end and follow him, but that might take a while, so what if I...sped things up a little?" Lucas thought as he kept to the darkness, hiding from the undead army, it wasn't hard, they were all concentrating on the city. He tried to deflect a boulder with the wind, but he was not powerful enough. Lucas thought for a brief moment, then he grinned, a flash of white in the darkness and flew off towards the catapults, drawing one of the knives with a serrated edge from his belt.

Moments later, there was a loud crack and one of the catapults collapsed as it tried to fire. it fell apart and the boulder crushed the handlers. A few important ropes on the catapult had been sawed through. Lucas ignored the chaos, instead concentrating on sabotaging the next one, the constant sawing kept making him move and he struggled to maintain position. He took care to do so high above the heads of the undead soldiers, after all, regardless if you were undead or living, people rarely looked up.
            How many times can you die a day~?
            How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Shíjian

While running and jumping on the rooftops, the hooded figure was looking at the streets, they were full of undead and destruction, some houses were destroyed because of the enflamed boulders coming from some catapults outside the city. The fire was slowly devouring the close structures.

Suddenly, she heard a scream making her stop almost falling from a railing, the hooded woman searched for the source of the scream using her heightened senses, there was the sound of the undead low groaning, the fire on a house, and then a whimpering on what looked to be a bakery. focusing on the bakery she then heard another being aside the first one.

Not hesitating the hooded woman ran towards the bakery as it was getting assaulted by the undead. Not having another choice she jumped into the upper window and rolling in the room, it had child toys and a small bed ("I hope they are ok..") she thought already searching for the two sounds.

She then heard the screaming again as an undead groan was in the same area. Storming her way down the stairs, the hooded woman found an undead ready to attack a woman and her child in a corner. The woman was terrified as she was hiding her kid behind her, the undead was about to unleash its sword towards her until the hooded woman intercepted it with her layered steel sword.

"Use the alleyways to go to the capital! I´ll hold them here!" she growled while blocking the undead´s sword. The woman nodded and ran with her child through a safe spot on the alleyways.

The hooded woman parried the sword and kicked the undead´s chest away as she too ran out of the bakery, thankfully she saw that the woman and her child found a patrol of soldiers as they went to a safe area,

("I have to move quickly") she thought while running again to the capital
              Have you ever crossed the line between sanity and madness? You would be amazed by what lies beyond the fog..

Spoiler:

Comment

(6:15 am) Tempus:

Outside the protective walls surrounding the capital, Rem and his followers were waiting for the walls to finally crumble and fall allowing them entrance to Tempus. The king and his men had fired many arrows at the undead while the casters waited behind the wall ready to attack the moment the wall failed. but somehow all the arrows caught fire and burnt up before ever reaching the undead. No doubt this was Rem's doing. There were many flaming stones trapped inside the wall now that had been launched before. However suddenly one of the catapults suddenly gave way and collapsed, crushing the soldiers manning it at burning their remains. "Whhat?" Rem questioned as he looked for a moment at the now destroyed catapult. He noticed right away the ropes condition. The cut was to cleanr to have been torn, it must be sabotage. (Sabotage... I didn't see anyone approaching, could it have been a time mage? No if it where they would have attacked me not the catapult. Someone is interfering.. but why?) Rem looked at the eleven remaining catapults, then at the wall, then at King Omas and finally back at his men. "Yes.. That 'll work." He said as he turned his body so that his back was facing th capital of Tempus. A large ring of fire soon appeared around Rem and his battle station illuminating the area with heat and light. The fire and smoke would be enough to hide them from archers and keep out the Yaju intruder for a short while. Rem ordered his men to temporarily hold their fire. From the good King's standpoint it would seem as if they were about to retreat.

King Omas and his men waited, holding their fire until the moment they could see the apposing undead abomination. It seemed like they had one. Rem had lost a catapult and they had stopped firing all together for the time being. but wha came next.... Suddenly a figure jumped from the flames in the ring of fire and began wrecklessly charging directly towards the wall of Tempus. No one could tell who it was for sure because the figures entire body was covered in a bright flame that hurt your eyes to look at. Any normal undead would have burnt to death before long but a fire user like Rem. The blazing lich leped into the air and then using Pyromancy formed a sphere of flame below his feet. em used the energy below him to launch him swiftly high above the ground by causing it to cumbust in just such a way. Like a firework the general flew through the air towards the wall of Tempus where he would land near the center from a standpoint of height. The bright blaze around Rem's body had kept Archers from looking at him but now the flame had died down, and the great King Omas had taken matters into his own hands. he King had leaped over the edge of the wall and was now falling towards the undead general. With his brilliant sword held high above his head, the king attack the undead fiend. Rem had just enough time to do what he needed at the wall. He was not trying to climb it, but to directly effect it with his magic. As the king came down upon the general with his blade, Rem yelled back to his men "NOW!!!" The kind delivered a devastating blow to the general who refused to defend against his attack. The king's blade ripped through Rem's shoulder-blade causing him a great deal of damage to befall his body. He wasn't in a whole lot of pain thanks to his not being alive but it did sting like a motherfucker. As Rem and the king fell from the wall, flame-less boulders were launched from the catapults all of which seemed to have been aimed specifically where Rem had been prior to the fall. Rem had activated the combustible components in a six diameter area on the wall. The moment the boulders made contact with the wall, it went off like a bomb forming a large enough hole for the undead to seep through and attack the capital. The blast from the explosion caused the kind to lose balance and control over his falling and so he was forced to use chronomancy in order to slow his fall. Meanwhile Rem launched himself away from the king and the wall using the same trick he had used to get on the wall in the first place. He landed back first n the ground and left a long skidmark on the ground from where he landed to where he finally stopped sliding. He may have only had one arm but he still got up quickly and ran back to his battle station. (The mistress asked me to penitrate the wall of Temus, not to liberate the book. My work here is done.) "Enter the capital and kill as many people as you can. I'm going back." He said as he mounted a flaming horse skeleton. Rem ws in no condition to keep fighting.

(Wonder i will respond to you in my next post but i had a limited amount of time to read and respond. School and all.)

Comment

(6:15) Tempus
                  "This is what the passage meant..." The man with the mask sneered at what happened with disgust. He continued to look off into the horizon where the Yaju should be approaching. He waited with bated breath. "The wound of their Lady bleeds..." He opened the book to the page where the words were written. "...Bleeds fire in the arms of the mistress, Time."
                  He turned to the opening of the wall. "Curious...it's backwards..."

Comment

Tempus

The hooded figure managed to make it to Tempus, but only to see how an undead general destroyed the capital´s wall and the hordes of undead were preparing to enter through the gap. She sprinted faster and faster towads the hole and made a long leap high enough to avoid the undead on the surface.

Landing on the gap, the hooded woman unsheated her sword while taking a bottle of water from her puch. Taking off the corch of the bottle, she controled the water out of it and formed a circular liquid plate around her arm, the water soon got colder as she commanded solidifying itself and making now an ice shield to protect her right arm as her steel sword was on her left arm.

An undead came towards her swinging his sword with good strength, but the hooded woman parried it with her shield and sliced its head with the steel sword, the undead fell limp to the ground as the hooded woman took a stance facing the oncoming soldiers

("What a great way to enter to battle, facing an army through while being between to walls") she thought ready to protect the civilians of the city

Spoiler:

Comment

Toran reached the entrance.

"Good. Time to..."

Toran noticed something.

"Wait... Zombies might not be welcome here... Solution found. After all, the master made me the smartest zombie in creation, I have to live upt to my title."

Then, Toran summoned something interesting...

"May not be the best solution, but it's efficient."

Probably not. After all, he did summon a hulking clay set of armor to cover up the gray skin.

Comment

Shijian

Lucas just finished sabotaging the second catapult when he started coughing due to smoke. He had been so absorbed in his task that he had not noticed what was going on, now he looked around and berated himself for not paying enough attention. A ring of fire now surrounded his location and there was a thick wall of smoke. Rem was just disappearing through the wall of fire and Lucas watched. Lucas took a deep breath and held it as he plunged through the smoke just above the fire. But he had forgotten about thermals, and one caught him and threw him up into the air, struggling to regain control. Thus he could only see what was going on on the walls as a series of images. The king and Rem fighting, The King burying his blade in Rem, which seemed to have no effect on him, the catapults firing and the king falling.

Lucas finally managed to regain control and was trying to make a split-second decision whether to go after Rem or help the king, but the king already seemed to be slowing and he could take care if himself, he was the king after all. So Lucas took off after Rem, keeping high up in the sky, following the flaming horse and lich travelling across the ground. The thin air didn't bother him, his lungs and blood were built differently to be more efficient at absorbing oxygen. The cold was also not unwelcome after the heat of the fire and all those bodies pressed together.

At this height, he would appear to be a large or strangely shaped bird from anyone on the ground. Meanwhile, his slightly better than most vision allowed him to be able to barely make out the general atop his horse, his vision was better, but it was not like a hawk. In this way, he kept pace with the general while he absentmindedly cleaned the knife he had used to saw through the ropes, he needed something to do with his hands.
                        How many times can you die a day~?
                        How many times have you died a day~?

Comment

Azeruk's Room - Chronomancer's Tower - Gensei Woods 6:30 AM

*RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII*

Azeruk jolted awake as the clock beside his bed rang, signaling that it was time to rise and start the day. Azeruk yawned and tapped the button on the top of the complex clock and looked around the room.

The room didn't let any sunshine in, due to it being underground. The walls were made up of a slowly eroding stone, possibly because of the constant use of Chronomancy in the area. If Azeruk's teacher, Cronux, was still alive, he would have made Azeruk practice for hours to ensure that he had better control over his magic. Azeruk stood up out of bed and frowned at the room. He had done quite a bit of damage to the room. The walls looked hundreds of years old, while holes were present in the carpet and the tapestry nearby. It was a consequence for having a magic stone embedded in his body. Chronux may have had centuries to strengthen the stone and learn to control it, but Azeruk had it for only a month. If it was a weaker stone, then Azeruk wouldn't have to worry about such things. it didn't help that it was literally a part of him now, just like his human heart. Azeruk simply sighed and began to repair the wall, reversing time and the damage he had done with it. Once he was finished, Azeruk officially began his day...
                          Last edited by S121; 09-06-2013, 09:54 PM.
                          Originally posted by S121
                          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Many civilians looked on in shock, to suddenly have a man in a giant clay suit walking through their village. But that suit could do little to protect Toran from his terrible luck. At some point, a boy who was playing with his friends bumped into Toran and the weight of the suit threw him off. The suit fell with a thud.

"Gah... Damn kids..."

He got up and faced the kids.

"You. Please watch where you're going. You could've broken the suit."

The kid that bumped into me stuck out his tongue and spoke back. "You were in the way. Plus, why do you have that in a place like this? Is it to hide your ugly face?"

The kids began laughing and took off. Toran grumbled as he walked on.

"Ptu. I only wanted to be here for some peace and quiet... Oh well."

He continued on, searching for a secluded part of town.
                            Last edited by wonderweiss; 09-07-2013, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Tempus - 6:45

"Their Lady bleeds fire while in the arms of the mistress, Time...This is not the battle that is supposed to be..."
                              The man put away the book and seemed to look down upon the undead ravaging the town. He heard the screams of the townspeople. He heard the fate of the people that were once his kin. He heard the scared whimpering of the little girl with the dark book. He heard the echoes of time ravaging through his mind like a wildfire.
                              "...enough."
                              The universe fell silent. His senses cleared again. Focused.
                              He scanned over the scene and noticed undead making a charge for the castle gates. The soldiers protecting it were sorely outmatched.
                              He paid it no heed.
                              Turning, he found a portion of the town where the people were fleeing to safety, but they were about to be outflanked.
                              "Everything...has an end." The words seemed to have an ethereal sound to them, as though they were not being spoken at that moment.
                              "Let the end be witnessed as the dawn of the beginning."
                              Everything stopped. A blue aura radiated around the man. Arrows were suspended, motionless in the air. Blades stopped short of their victims flesh. Bodies hung in mid fall. The world to the man has stopped.
                              He wasted no time. He jumped from the tower to the roof, from the roof to the ramparts. He quickly scaled the castle walls as though they were flat paths. Once he was on the ground he rushed to the people whom he noticed from his lookout above. An undead had brought it's sword back to cut down a young man who had the lance he wielded knocked clean out of his hands. The blue aura dispersed. Everything was set back into motion. The clash of blades permeated the air. The man strained to keep his sword up, keeping the undead's at bay. The man looked back at the younger.
                              "Go! Now!"
                              "It's the Guardian from the legends..."
                              "Aetheron..."
                              The silver masked man, the one known as Aetheron, twisted his blade so that the guard piece locked the undead's sword to his. With extraordinary speed, he disarmed the undead and struck it down with the pommel of his sword. He then vaulted over the crippled soldier and cut the next cleanly in half. Whipping around, he grabbed the torso of his slain victim and slung it at another undead to distract it while at the same time finishing off the one he struck before with an uppercut slice. From that he summersaulted over landing a kick to the undead that approached behind him. Then Aetheron let lose a spear of light energy and impaled an undead that was approaching the townspeople from the other side. Like a whirlwind of blade and light magic Aetheron cleared a path for the people to escape. As they fled, he continued to hold the undead at bay. Once they were gone, the blue aura surrounded him again and he vanished. The undead looked about, confused and befuddled. Why did he disappear in the heat of battle?

"Why, indeed." Aetheron grimaced as he stood on top of the tower again. He held a hand to the gash in his side. It slowly started to close as blue time energy surrounded the wound.
                              Last edited by Cucoo5; 09-07-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X