X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stranded (Non-magic version) [OOC Board

Alright, my other one didn't go through, but whatevs. Hopefully this one goes through. There's no magic. If ya wanna sign up for the one with magic, ya gotta go to http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...Board-Stranded.

Anyways, being it a normalized version of the other one, I'm going to use the same timeline, but edited.

Once upon a time, there was a man named Jack. He grew up a poor child, his family slowly becoming bankrupt, until they died of starvation, supporting him with all of their food. From then on, he did anything to become successful. He studied hard, trained well, and grasped any opportunity he got. He even grew a family. Sadly, though, with his success came those who became jealous. During work, he noticed one of his understudies absent from work. When he got back home, he found his family dead, murdered. The next day, he was devastated. He suspected his understudy, but he let go of that thought, thinking it was just him jumping to conclusions.

One day, a month after the tragedy, he was so consumed by grief, he looked into necromancy. Jack did anything in his power to achieve the goal of bringing his family back. He didn't want to believe that they died so brutally... but Jack's attempts had ended in vein. He actually attempted a supposedly forbidden ritual, including sacrificing your blood, one pint of blood for each member lost. He lost four members. His parents, his wife and her unborn son. However, he realized it was nothing more than a myth. He lost much blood that day, almost dying. With that... he lost a part of his sanity, too.

One night, Jack watched the late night cameras from the past month. Then he saw something... something terrible. He saw his understudy planning a murder. That was bad enough... until he saw that the murder was planned for that night. The night that his family was murdered. Then, an hour later, he left. 7:12 PM, 15 minutes before the murder. Then, 20 minutes later, he returned. It was in that interval of time his family was murdered. He knew... not what he had to do... but what he wanted to do.

The next morning, the understudy came into Jack's office. He asked if Jack was alright. Jack didn't answer. The understudy kept going on. Jack got angry and stood up. He yelled at his understudy. This is the conversation.

"Whoa, boss, take it easy!"
    "Easy?! I just spent my time, energy and blood bringing my family back, but they were all in vein!"
    "What?! You practiced necromancy- you're f*cking insane! Who would try that?!"
    "I wouldn't have to... I wouldn't have to have lost nearly half of my blood, all of my time, all of my efforts... If it weren't for you..."
    "What are you-"
    "I SAW THE FOOTAGE!"
    "... what?"
    "You... you... you..."
    "I what?!"
    "YOU KILLED MY FAMILY YOU PSYCHO!!!"

After that, Jack flipped his desk. It was nailed to the floor. His anger had gotten to him... that, and his mental instability from when he lost too much blood. The understudy tried to defend himself by pulling out a gun he was planning to use on Jack should he find out. But Jack had reached a new state of anger; he had reached inhuman speed, strength, reaction, and perception. The understudy was no match. All that was found the next morning was many holes in the walls from the bullets... and the understudy's body, bloody... and his heart, on the floor next to his broken body. There were no signs of Jack's blood anywhere.

Jack reached a new anger. He became demented. He wanted to revive his family... even if he had to resort to sacrifices...

The story begins before a party for all of the tributes. You can either be an assassin or a tribute. That means your character begins at their house preparing for the party. But during the party, everyone will be knocked out and will be sent an island, where there will be assassins sent to kill you. Your job: form alliances or destroy them, find the man who did this to you and escape the island. But let's not forget that you are stranded. You need to strive for food. Invade enemy camps and/or kill the inhabiting animals. Be careful, though: you are on an extremely dangerous island, filled with many predators searching your blood. Even the assassins would have a hard time surviving. Good luck. Remember: Start at the party, not the island.

CHARACTER TYPES:
    Tributes (The victims sent to survive in the wilderness)
    Assassins (those sent to kill you)
    ... Animals? (... animals? Yes, you can even be an animal...)

APPLICATION (use this as an example):
    Name: Jack
    Sex: Male
    Appearance: Black hair that goes to his chin, red eyes, 6'3", and wears business suit.
    Type: Special (Leader) (there are no other specials unless allowed)
    Skills: Reached inhuman attributes: survived a shoot-out unscathed (applies to all types. It means like if you happen to be good at using weapons, a mechanic, etc.)
    Personality: Cold-hearted
    Morality: Pure evil
    Biography (optional, but recommended): (look above)

There will be no weapons or gear. You either have to find them, steal them, or forge them. Sign up here.

May the battle for your life begin...

Now then, for my application.

Name: Gerard Teranous
    Sex: Male
    Appearance: Long white hair, 5'6", gold eyes.
    Skills: Swordsmanship
    Morality: Lawful Neutral
    Personality: Keeps a straight face. Is kind to others. Will attack hostiles without thought.
    Biography: He grew up just fine. He had a great education, grew a family, and had a successful job. He was walking along the streets one day when he saw a flyer about a party to be held. He decided to go on his day off.(see? It doesn't have to be long. But then again, don't make it too short like 'Oh, this guy was chosen, or this guy snuck into the party' if you're going to make it short make it short with detail)

Another thing: This may or may not become fast paced. I will try to prevent it as best as possible, but if it gets a little faster, I will either arrange things or just let the tide kick in. One liners aren't funny (badum, tsss. See what I did there?) But, they might be acceptable if you are conversing with someone and there is no way to extend it or add detail.

Remember: If you like magic and shiz, go to the forementioned hyperlink.

I don't know...I could see Eleos fitting in this one but your main story just doesn't click for me.
    I mean, are the assassins hired before hand? what's the assassin standpoint?

Comment

DAMN! I forgot again, even though I was repeatedly reminding myself...

Anyways, I forgot to mention. Jack wants to select the strongest of will and body. The assassins are to verify those qualified.

Comment

waitwut?
        Could you go into more detail on that?

gimme like a sample Assassin backstory or something.

Comment

... lol wut backstory? They're basically mercenaries hired by some rich guy (Jack) to kill off the tributes.

Comment

waitwaitwaitwait
            backup
            Is this like the Hunger Games?
            that's what it's starting to sound like...

EDIT: that's it isn't it? A parody of the Hunger Games?

Comment

Actually, I was actually leaning towards a parody of Far Cry 3...

But, uh... sure, interpret it however you wish.

Comment

So Far Cry 3 and Hunger games bear some similar aspects then...

hrm I'll wait a bit to see how this plays out. once things get on the island then I would consider this a bit more. I need something a bit more for it to click for me...

EDIT:

This is my initial thought...

I would use my favorite Sniper Assassin, Eleos. Though he has a history of being an assassin, he would enter this as a tribute.
                A tribute that is a trained assassin. He knows the tricks of the trade and thus would have the upper hand in that regard. Being a sniper just ups it that much further. The fact he made his sniper rifle (though he would be making a new one on the island) would give him that skill as well...
                Last edited by Cucoo5; 11-22-2013, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Alright... it's only a matter of time...

Comment

And just real quick, my initial thought would mesh with your thinking for the story, correct?
                    Or would it conflict with something?

Comment

Oh, no. Just hope you know how to make functional snipers out of sticks and stones... and whatever else you find.

Comment

Right...
                        But then my thought process was...

Invade enemy camps
                        What would be at these camps?

Comment

Oh, true, that works too. Hope you have a plan, because remember, they're the ones with the guns you want.

Comment

Alright...
                            I can see Eleos in this...
                            I'll just wait until things pick up then I'll go from there.

Comment

Working...
                            X