Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trinity Soul University: A Casual Magic RP (OOC)

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@SUSTIC
    Erm... I hope you realise that Julie is supposed to be a bit of a dick to people. Call her cute and she will find some means of harming you. She is a nurse and she has access to lethal objects.
    But in honesty, I did want to find an image of a woman who was both nice looking and somewhat professional looking. Like everyone under the sun would.
    Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)
    My Switch Friend Code: SW-1503-3394-5328
    My NNID: OfficialTRXD
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/lunapixu/

Comment

Name: Andril Dallas

Race: Human

Bio: "Andy" as his friends called him, always had a weird knack for "Discovering" things. He'd be the first to spot cool rocks or bugs when he was younger, and as he grew, he came up with seemingly genius ideas for school projects. His life took a dramatic turn when his Highschool Sweetheart was accepted into Trinity Soul for her awesome Magical prowess, and he was stuck in the science fair being a complete nerd, alone and without a sweetheart to admire. Unfortunately, Andril's aptitude was for making things, little robots and other cool gizmos. Sure, he was a popular guy, but thats not what he wanted. He wanted more. He drive from youth to post-education was to aquire and learn more. He certainly wasn't the first idiot to attempt to blend magic and technology, and wouldn't be the last. Andril was, however, perhaps the first idiot to record results from his "exipirments". Instead of simply try and figure out how to blend the two, Andril purposefully played the two elements against each other in the hopes for a violent reaction. It wasn't the result he was studying, but the interaction. Andril came to find that there was energy being exchanged between the two elements--techonology and magic-- that caused them to reject each other. Even better, That energy wasn't simply reacting between the machine and magic, but with the people around as well. It wasn't magic that made technology malfuction, or techonology that made magic fizzle; it was people that made the two reject each other. Andril applied his findings to Trinity Soul in the hopes for being accepted so he could discover more about this "Hidden energy" people emmit to make the extremes of human enginuity oppose each other.

Element(s): Summoning: Andril uses summoning to create and manipulate semi-robotic automations, which almost immidiately self destruct(usually Harmlessly) or break down. From this malfuctioning, Andril can then manipulate the awkward "hidden energy" he's named Metaformation. Thus far, Andril can only grasp hold of such concepts, and cant actually do anything with the energy to produces.

Luggage: Sciene books. Clothing, Computer Tool Kit. Other handy tools an electrician might have, such as a multimeter

Appearance:
      Andril is a fairly normal looking guy, if not a bit too normal. Nothing about him really stands out. He has brown hair, stands at an average height and isn't handsome or ugly. He doesn't dress after any fashion normal does he reject social norms with his appearance. Indeed, perhaps the most striking feature about Andril is that he has no striking feautres at all.

Why did you come to the University?: To study "Metaformation"; the energy people produce that creates the schism between magic and technology

Personality:
      Andril is up-beat and pleasant. He's usually distracted with his own thoughts, seeking after something his mind can never reach or playing with a new idea in his mind. He's prone to flights of fancy and excitement when discoveries can be made.

Other: Andril's "Magic" is not based on his own power, but how violent the reaction between magic and technology is. For example, a little robotic bird he summons himself that breaks down immidiately produces little energy. However, if that bird explodes or breaks down due to a powerful sorcerer next to him, the reaction is stronger, and thus more energy is produced (And to note: There are two people involved in this exchange now). The larger the technological forces and magical forces opposing, the more Andril has to manipulate.

Suggestions: (This is for any suggestions about the RP, like if you have any suggestions for me to add or fix.)
      I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

As the maiden left my presence, so too did my heart.

Comment

@Alayosho

Hmm... I don't really see all too much wrong with it. It doesn't seem like it's actually magic being used by a device he made, or a device that fuels magic or anything like that. Just normal summoning magic of which he summons a small robotic bird by what you said in Mumble is like your "traditional science fair" type of robot which isn't all too special while this Metaformation seems to be a unique concept and could explain why technology and magic haven't found a way to sort of "co-exist" in the sense that magic can be worked with machinery properly as it's a reaction between tech and magic that happens, thus creation the energy you call "Metaformation" (which SO sounds more like the name of the reaction lol.)

I already talked with you about it in Mumble, and I will have to get back to you on this after I talk with S1 and TRXD in private tomorrow hopefully. Then I'll let you know if it's accepted or not okay?

Comment

Addendum to Metaformation "magic", as requested by Sus:

Techonology has existed just fire using things like fire, electricy and light for years. So why, suddenly, does Magical Fire, electricity and light ect. make the techonolgy not work properly? Anyone can hold a match next to an electric fan and observe that nothing happens aside from maybe the fan blows the fire out. So why, when Jimbo the Fire mage places magical fire next to the same fan does the fan slow down, or even stop? The fan produces "Wind", by why is "Magical Wind" So different?

These questions are what Andril asked at first. Newbie Mage friends and he would get together, breaking countless dollar store doodads and gadgets in the pursuit of answers. The first clue came when the use of magical fire didn't affect the dollar fans as much when the intrepid students paid less attention to them. From this, they gathered people produce their own "Energy", and this energy is what causes the two variables to react the way they do. Similar expiriments with similar results were conducted: Video cameras would record results of technology or magic being exposed to the other at semi-random intervals. The number of participants was investigated, creating more positive results.

But enough about Andril. Lets get down to the real reasons, yes?

Yall ever play a game called Arcanum? Piece of art, that one. Anyone, Magic and Techonology had similar reactions. Mages couldn't ride the train, for example, because the train would BLOW THE F**** UP. Similar idea here, and that's what I'll use to describe this "Metaformation" Andril studies.

--Magic is a beautiful thing, created from nature and natural things. It can be considered the highest form of evolution for nature. Humans, being natural beings, can bond with and understand this evolutionary path, and thus, use and perfect magic and grow as sorcerers and witches and whathave you.

--Magic is hard, though, and some people are lazy, so instead they make complex machines and circuitry, cuz thats easier. This is taking nature (iron ore, other materials and whatnot) and tearing it apart and making it somethings its not, nor ever would be naturally (High carbon steel, circuitry, ect.). Humans, being industrious and thoughtful beings can bond with this disgusting rejection of nature as well.\\

Now for my interpritation of their opposing each other(Arcanum never really explains it well):

Magic, being a natural thing, rejects techonology, simply because they are polar oppisites. However, Magic is natural, and techonolgy produces no magical energy. A tree isn't gonna get up and punch a car (usually...) because it look at it funny, nor is the car gonna cause the tree to simply wilt and die (Fuel Emissions? Newb Alayosho...). Indeed, if raw magic were just sitting around, created by and bonded to not particular caster, it would have no affect, nor be affected by techonolgy. Its the human Soul and Heart that breaks the two apart. It cannot bond with two things that are so terribly opposed, and thus, it destroys them both equally. This, in and of itself, is magical, but also "techonological" in its workings with magic. Its a far cry from blending the two sources, but its the first step. Energy that is both Magical (Opposing Technology) and Techonological (Opposing Magic) at the same time. True mastery of this energy is where Magi-Tech would come from...some day perhaps.
          I gazed up at the sable-haired maiden with eyes so full of warmth it appeared she was crying silently. My trecherous mouth opened, "Why do you look so troubled, Princess?"

Slowly, she moved her eyes from the moon to me. She studied my imperfections before her for what seemed to be a blissful eternity before gracing me with her voice, "I've slain this land's only prince. What use, now, is a princess?"

Comment

Alayo, you beautiful man! I never thought I'd see you return here. Well, not in my time.
            Oh my word, I'm reading through your app and it's great. I'm rather jealous of how flawlessly you could write such a thing. Whereas mine (Trista) needed several edits and a major rewrite, and it's still not perfect.

Right now, I'm going to have to think about it by reading this over and discussing it with the others. Metaformation is an interesting idea but I'm not sure on what this would mean for the others. But, in all honesty, I'm already loving the idea. Using arcane magic as a means of destruction (through metaformation)? Ufufufufufu~ People are going to get a big surprise in the future.
            Smash through the blocks that bar your way; No time for fear, just let it all fall away; Nobody believes in me and you, Just look at the way they stare; So what if we live in a walled garden, As long as I've got you then I don't care!

My 3DS Friend Code: 2208-5334-3531 (Ask for Pokémon shenanigans or random multiplayer games)

Comment

@SUSTIC

I don't know what you have been told, but I already talked with S121 about Sinuda and Tristan meeting some time ago.
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              someone is fighting for you.
              –As long as you remember her,
              you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

Oh yeah.

I guess I chose the wrong time =-=

Comment

@TRXD

I'm a creator. My mind demands creation of me. Minecraft is a good place to build, but a terrible place to plot (Because I like to post fairly big when RP'ing). Eventually I had to return here. It wasn't a matter of if, but rather When.

Comment

@Alayo
                    And this is why I like you. Much like your character of embodiment, you have a way with people. A tongue that can charm many a man. And a spark in your eyes that bring people to their knees. When it comes to natural leadership and beauty, you surpass anyone and everyone.

Me? Nah. In the debate of who is the best immortal, I will always prefer Eirin over Kaguya.

Comment

But Eirin's not really immortal--just kind of because Lunarian.

As for the app, how does it check out? Are things Okay? Does variable "A" need to be tweaked? Thoughts from the Admin/Mods of the RP?

Comment

@Alayo
                        I'm pretty certain that Eirin, the creator of the Hourai Elixir, would have at least had a taste of it. It's heavily implied that she's immortal like Kaguya and Mokou. Could be wrong though. Imperishable Night was among my least played games. Alongside Ten Desires.

As for the app, I am a mod for this RP and I can pass judgement upon apps.
                        For what it is, your app is most certain to be accepted. The only problems that SUSTIC and I are having are around metaformation. It's a great concept but I'm uncertain on what this means for other characters. Because mages in the RP have been shown to use technology just fine. For example, Jason using a Walkman and Lynne playing League on a laptop. Don't ask me how League exists in this world. Blame our resident League addict. This mainly draws down to a few questions. But mostly does metaformation occur when the mage actually INTENDS on destroying the piece of technology or can people accidentally cause it?

Although this doesn't affect my characters (as one is an incompetent elf and the other doesn't usually use technology), I'm still curious about what metaformation means to other characters? Will any characters even be affected by metaformation unless they try? Or will we have explosions left, right, and centre?

If we can clear this up then I would be more than happy to accept Andril. That or another RP staff member will.

Comment

Dammit Alalalagi-san, I can tell that you're a better writer than I am just from looking at your character app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Eirin has not drank the Elixer. in Inaba of Moon/Earth Eirin gets a cold, which, if she had drank the Eilixer, simply could not happen.

AS FOR METAFORMATION!

Its the reaction that happens when you try and mix the two. In truth, the reaction is always happening, just because there so much "worked" material around our magical misfits. The degree it happens is the degree that the two sources are being "Mixed" per say.

Lets say that there is an average value of "5" Techonology always floating around in an average home. We will assume this is a low value, since its ambiant floty stuff in the air. Now, Jimbo the master Blaster casts a spell, which might have some wacky Fireball Value of 500 or some such. That fireball has to effortlessly power through that 5 Tech-power or it fizzles. that "5" also diminishes the Fire's power by a nearly unobserveable amount.

On the same idea, an electrical outlet in and of itself might have a pretty high tech value, like 120 for the sake of example(And voltage!!). Now jimbo attempts to run 100 Electrical magic power through it to try and blow up a circuit breaker or something. 100 of that power gets chopped by the exceeding "tech", and despite the electiral induction and such, Jimbo's spell fizzles because of "Metaformation". Cross with his inability to blow up a random circuit breaker, he goes to play Leuage. No magical exchange is taking place, so his 305729875434578 Tech Laptop doesn't give a darn about his 3383838388383 Magic Body.

Metaformation is the energy "expended" when the two forces collide, and match up. Jimbo's fireball in aimbiant tech-Home-Air creates 5 metaformation in this exampe, despite the wacky amount of magic in the fireball. Enough though his electrical endeavor to blow up his breaker failed, 100 of Metaformation energy was created inreaction to the chain. Andy is attempting to harness that 5 and that 100, not the other numbers. What he does with it? He doesn't even know yet, since he's never gathered enough to do anything with.

The likelyhood that casting magic NEAR a laptop would fry its circuits is next to none, because in order for the ambiant magical energy to overpower the laptop it would have to be destructive enough to have likely made a crator the size of a house or bigger--thus destroying nearby laptop. Using magical to directly affect the laptop, like making it float would produce a better reaction.

The numbers in these examples are completely innacurate, and simply used to show the two values are "Colliding". In Arcanum, the pressance of a magical person would make Tech go wacky. Thats because Arcanum was Steampunk and Tech didn't have to be everywhere for us to get along with our lives. In this setting, a bit more leaway is due, esspecially since the "heart" Tearig to two forces apart equally would be less, since the heart in question is more acustomed to technology.

Quick, important note:
                            It is VERY important to note the Metaformation Energy is not created because the two forces collide, but because a person causes them to collide. It is created by that person, not by the reaction of the two forces. More people involved = more Meta-energy made.
                            Last edited by Alayosho; 04-23-2014, 04:28 AM.

Comment

@Alayosho
                              Crap... The one manga that I did not read... Curse you, Touhou manga! You have foiled me again!

So it is only caused when people intend on causing it or when people directly use magic ON the object in question. Right. Just wanted to know. It's really hard to try and get your head around a concept that can break already existing concepts if not structured correctly. I honestly believe that you've got this down to an already fine level and I don't think it needs further refinement and judgement.

From what I'll say here, I will accept Andril and approve of his magic use. But most likely, myself and SUSTIC will have to continue considering the inclusion of this new concept and how we can work with it. Heck, we could even consider some story elements around this concept. I know I already have an idea. An extremely half-baked one but an idea nonetheless.
                              Approved by TRXD

Comment

@alay

So...
                                Friction for magic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X