X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Mega

Question, can you have a character that have more than one arm slave? I was thinking of RP some sort of collector.
    Born in the light.
    Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
    Keep Fighting.
    –Don't Forget.
    Always, somewhere,
    someone is fighting for you.
    –As long as you remember her,
    you are not alone.

Comment

@Katrix

That depends.

Will your character still have one mech that he uses more than the others? If so then I guess so. I just don't want you to have several different Arm Slaves just for different situations as a Collector seems like one kind of guy that would have a collection of them, but only uses one to keep the others in "Mint Condition."
      Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

When will the IC be up?
        sigpic
        Spoiler:

Comment

@Mega

I was thinking more that she uses a certain arm slave for a certain period, although she will have preferences. I guess a better word to use would be some sort of enthusiast. I was planning for her to be some sort tournament fighter or something where she uses her arm slaves to battle. During such a tournament she would not change arm slave. I was also thinking that she pretty much can't use several of her arm slaves either because they are still in development or they are too dangerous for the tournaments. Many of the arm slaves she would have would be for sport and not actual combat. If they are to be used for actual combat, they would have to be redesigned so they would actually be useful.
          Born in the light.
          Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
          Keep Fighting.
          –Don't Forget.
          Always, somewhere,
          you are not alone.

Comment

I'm currently working on the IC for the RP as we speak. So just hold your horses.

@Katrix

Seems reasonable enough I suppose... I'll allow it, but I will be keeping an eye out just in case.
            Do you really think I'm that stupid? *Walks into a door* Okay maybe I am that stupid...

Comment

So it'll be like one of those Hollywood celebrity's car collection.

Pretty and still drivable, but not optimalized.
              sigpic
              Spoiler:

Comment

The IC is now up.

You all like I said can choose where to start, as long as you all start in the same city.

I'll be making my app soon.

Comment

It's pretty obvious I'm starting in Honolulu :3
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Then I'll start there to!

Also Mega quick question...

Me and S1 were talking about this, but why are the mech's the size that they are? We kind of thought they would be a bit... bigger... like Pacific Rim size big. I'm still fine with what you have now though.

Comment

@Wriggle and Sustic

Okay then. Start in Honolulu if you wish.

@Sustic

The reason they are the size they are is that originally they were that big, but over time the size of them were deemed to dangerous and not very practical. As smaller mech's have a easier time navigating through smaller areas like city streets, forests, and all without causing as much damage. Not only that but the smaller the mech the least expensive it is to actually develop. It would be more reasonable to make an army of smaller, pretty good quality mech with the exception of the occasional custom mech which will usually be higher quality than mass produced types. There are mech's of that size, but those are for... the big threats. There are only currently 3-4 Pacific Rim sized Mech's but they will only be used during a few moments within the plot.

Also in the future we will be fighting a Mechon that would be roughly 150ft tall, far taller than most of the mech's our characters will be using, and roughly 30-40 ft taller than the current tallest mech which is roughly 106ft tall.

Comment

Just going to make one app at a time and merge them as they get approved.

Name: Skari

Appearance:
                        Spoiler: Outside of arm slave

Spoiler: Inside of arm slave

Bio: Both of her parents were big arm slave manufacturers. Due to this, Skari have always liked arm slaves. She was inside a arm slave for the first time when she was 4, but she first steered her first arm slave at the age of 7. As she grew older she began to like arm slaves more and more. At first her parents didn't like how much she liked them, but after some time had passed, they accepted it. At the age of 12 she wanted to change her own body in order to make her more compatible with arm slaves although her parents didn't allow this before she turned 15. It wasn't too much, just some basic stuff that she could plug into arm slaves to get a better control of them. A few years later she expanded upon it and got a few parts that allowed her to connect to other electric machines too. She can't connect to anything tough. The machine have to have special cords that she can use to plug into, or if it is wireless, it have to have some sort of receiver. At the age of 18 she was finally allowed to enter arm slave tournaments. This have since then become her living. As she continued to fight in the arena she began to accumulate more and more arm slaves. Most of them she have recieved from her parents.

Personality: Skari is energetic and always curious. Especially when it comes to arm slaves. It's not weird at all if she comes up to you upon seeing your arm slave and ask to try it. The only time when she relaxes is when she is inside of a arm slave and ready for combat. Even tough most of her arm slaves allow them to change parts, she prefear to keep them as close to stock as possible, not changing their appearance at all.

Skills: Knows everything there is to know about arm slaves. She is capable of connecting to some machines either trough cables or wireless if the machine supports it.

Other: She will lave multiple arm slaves

Spoiler: Morehawk
                        Name of Arm Slave: Morehawk

Name of ARM Slave AI: MORE, although Skari just call him Morehawk

Type: Stamina and power

Capabilities: Hover above ground. Can fly for short periods if it uses it's boosters. Max speed is around 200 KM/H. If it's using boosters however it's speed can reach as high as mach 1 for a very short time.

Specialty: Is used in tournament matches, although it competes in the higher ranks in the tournaments.

Arm Slave AI personality: Believes that it is the best arm slave ever made. Looks at all others as weaker than itself.

Arm Slave Equipment:
                        Spoiler:

I can post images of it attacking too, but I'm too lazy and I can't find any already existing.

Spoiler: Front arm
                        Major Threat: Fires a laser at the target. Grows stronger every time the back arm is used.

Spoiler: Back arm
                        FONQ Gun: Fires ballistic rounds at the target. Grows stronger every time front arm is used.

Spoiler: Shoulders
                        Charged BHG: A powerful laser that does more damage the longer it is fired.

Spoiler: Body
                        Dropkick Starfly: Grabs hold of the enemy with the foot, flies high up, let's go of the enemy and kicks it down to earth. Damages the enemy sensors and causes damage in the hull. Enemy normally uses some time to stabalize on on the ground again, where it is open to all attacks.

Spoiler: Head
                        Morehawk Red Flag: Fires several scythes of energy at the enemy. Calibrates the weapons and targeting system for use against enemy.

Arm Slave Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Arm Slave Heightue to hovering, it will seem higher than most other arm slaves, although it is really 11 m high.

Skari's opinion: This is one of Skari's newest arm slaves. Although she lives the shoulder weapon and think the Dropkick Starfly is neat, she can't really find anything more with this arm slave.

Spoiler: AC-490

Name of Arm Slave: AC-490

Name of ARM Slave AI: STEEL

Type: Defense and power

Capabilities: Have extra strong hull. Quite slow, max speed is around 70 KM/H.

Specialty: Is used in tournament matches, use in lower ranks.

Arm Slave Equipment:
                        Spoiler:

I can post images of it attacking too, but I'm too lazy and I can't find any already existing.

Steel Bastin: Thows the large steel piece on it's left arm on the target like a boomerang. Can also be used as a shield against other attacks.

AC-490 Tri-blade: Materializes a tri-blade made of energy on the back arm and use it to attack the opponent. May damage enemy weapons.

Spoiler: Front Shoulders
                        AC-490 Laser Repeater: Fires a laser multiple times. Very bright so it may disturb the targeting systems of the opponent.

Spoiler: Back Shoulders
                        AC-490 Laser Cannon: Fires a energy bullet at the target. Very bright so it may disturb the targeting systems of the opponent.

Kick of steel: Uses it's own body weight in a very powerful kick. May damage the enemy hull.

AC-490 Lazer Charger: Fires a powerful laser at the opponent. May disturb enemy systems because of energy overload.

Arm Slave Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Arm Slave Height:About 9 m.

Skari's opinion: Although it may be a half decent arm slave if used correctly, Skari can't stand it and nearly never use it.

Spoiler: Reaper
                        Name of Arm Slave: Reaper

Name of ARM Slave AI: Death

Type: power

Capabilities: Max speed is around 150 KM/H. During D.F.A, speed can reach up to 1.5 mach

Specialty: A arm slave too powerful to be used in tournaments. Meant for real combat. Extra good at damaging enemy systems and making the life of teammates easier.

Arm Slave Equipment:
                        Spoiler:

Scythe: Uses it's scythe to attack. May damage enemy systems or weapons in the process. Much more effective if calibrated with Sonic Beam first.

Blue Blade: Materializes a blue blade made of energy on the back arm and use it to attack the opponent. May damage enemy systems or weapons in the process. Much more effective if calibrated with Sonic Beam first.

Reapers Mark: Fires a exploding paint bullet at the enemy. Colors the enemy a bright red color making it much easier to see for other.

Chakra Launcher: Fires chakras at the enemy that explodes on a second later. Can easily be launched into weak spots and disable enemy weapons for a short time. Much more effective if calibrated with Sonic Beam first.

D.F.A (Death From Above): Flies high up and crash down at the enemy with feet first. Normally knock the enemy down, making the completely open to damage for some time.

Sonic Beam: Fires sonic beams at the opponent and uses the data from the attack to calibrate other attacks.

Arm Slave Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Arm Slave Height:About 12 m.

Skari's opinion: One of the arm slaves that Skari actually like.

Spoiler: Mohawk
                        Name of Arm Slave: Mohawk

Name of ARM Slave AI: Heavy Gunner

Capabilities: Max speed is around 100 KM/H.

Specialty: A arm slave too powerful to be used in tournaments. Meant for real combat. Nearly every part of it is weapon.

Arm Slave Equipment:
                        Spoiler:

MK Shredder: Fires bullets at opponent. Effective both at long and short range.

MK Launcher: Fires bullets at opponent. Effective at lowering the enemy's defenses. May also hit crucial systems easier, making the opponent open for attacks.

MWK Sniper X: Highly effective gun that can easily tear trough the defenses of the opponent.

SCX Anti Arm Slave: Fires a missile specifically made to damage armor. May damage hull or weapons systems.

MK Ground Assault: Grabs something big on the ground like a stone with it's foot and throws it at the opponent. Extra powerful if all other weapons are used before. May cause the opponent to loose it's footing.

D Sensor Array : Fires a energy beam at the opponent and lock on to the opponent.

Arm Slave Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Arm Slave Height:About 14 m.

Skari's opinion: One of the arm slaves that Skari actually like. She loves the weapons systems on it.

Spoiler: Falcon

Name of Arm Slave: Falcon

Name of ARM Slave AI: FLY

Type: Speed

Capabilities: Max speed is around 350 KM/H. Can fly using it's wings.

Specialty: A arm slave used for tournaments. Normally used higher up.

Arm Slave Equipment:
                        Spoiler:

Falcon Smack: A powerful punch that calibrates according to the opponent hull each time it hits, making it more and more powerful.

Falcon Gatling Launcher: Transforms the back arm into a Gatling gun with a grenade launcher. May damage enemy weapons system negating the next attack from the enemy.

Talon Pulse Laser: Fires several small lasers at the opponent. May burn trough the hull where it hits.

Falcon Bomb: Uses it's wings to fly high into the air and crashes down at the opponent.

Eye of the Falcon: Fires a energy wave all around the arm slave. Increases eyesight making it easier to both land hits and avoid them.

Arm Slave Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Arm Slave Height:About 10 m.

Skari's opinion: Skari's best arm slave for tournaments. Although she doesn't have any positive thoughts about it, she doesn't have any negative thoughts either.

Spoiler: Automorph
                        Name of Arm Slave: Automorph

Name of ARM Slave AI: Morph

Type: Speed and stamina

Capabilities: Max speed is around 500 KM/H. Can transform into a hovering vehicle.

Specialty: A arm slave used for tournaments. Normally used in the lower ranks.

Arm Slave Equipment:
                        Spoiler:

Heroic Punch: Activates thrusters normally used when transformed into a hover vehicle and flies towards the opponent with a powerful punch. May damage the hull of it's opponent because of it's speed.

Morph Blaster: Transforms the back arm into a powerful gun that specializes in tearing trough the enemy armor.

Automorph Autogun: Fires a high accuracy machine gun that may also calibrate the rest of the weapon systems if it gathers.

Hovermorph: Transforms into the hover vehicle and charges at the opponent while firing laser pulses.

Master Head: The head detaches from the body to fly near the enemy and fire a powerful laser. Also gathers data about the enemy to calibrate the other weapons.

Arm Slave Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Skari's opinion: Although it looks cool and all that, it's not too effective in actual combat.

Spoiler: Psychic Wing
                        Name of Arm Slave: Psychic Wing

Name of ARM Slave AI: Esper

Type: Speed

Capabilities: Max speed is around 250 KM/H. Can analyze the enemy movements and adapt accordingly.

Specialty: A arm slave too powerful for tournaments.

Arm Slave Equipment:
                        Spoiler:

Psychic Blade: Materializes a energy blade on the front arm and attacks with it. Calibrates the weapon systems making it easier to hit the enemy at his weak spots.

ADH Hi-Fl Laser: Transforms hand into a gun firing a laser at the opponent. Calibrates the weapon systems making it easier to hit the enemy at his weak spots.

Mental Crystals: Fires energy blast at opponent. Calibrates movements making it easier to dodge enemy attacks and calibrates weapons systems making it easier to hit weak spots.

Psionic Arrow: Shoots a giant energy arrow from the arm slave. May damage enemy systems.

Extra Sensory Pulse: Sends a energy pulse everywhere. Analyzes the opponent and adapts accordingly making attacks more powerful and making it easier to dodge enemy attacks.

Arm Slave Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Skari's opinion: A very powerful arm slave in the long run, but useless if it's destroyed before it manages to analyze the opponent enough.

Spoiler: Blademaster
                        Name of Arm Slave: Bladestorm

Name of ARM Slave AI: Sword

Capabilities: Max speed is around 150 KM/H. A dual wielding arm slave with laser support.

Arm Slave Equipment:
                        Spoiler:

Dagger Slash: Slash the enemy with the dagger. May cut trough crucial parts of the enemy.

Master Blade: Points the sowrd at the opponent. The blade extends and expands. May damage enemy systems.

Capacity Overloaders: Shoots a energy beam that may damage the enemy armor and targeting system.

Vortex: The torso detaches from the body and spins on the ground. After building up speed, it launches at the opponent, damaging the hull and weapons systems. May leave the opponent open to attack or destroy a weapons system.

Focus Beam: Shoots a energy beam from the head. Calibrates both targeting system and weapons system.

Arm Slave Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Arm Slave Height:About 12 m.

Skari's opinion: A excellent arm slave. She's a little bit sad that she can't use it in tournaments.

Spoiler: Warbear
                        Name of Arm Slave: Warbear

Name of ARM Slave AI: Behemoth

Capabilities: Max speed is around 70 KM/H. A arm slave that packs nothing but power.

Arm Slave Equipment:
                        Spoiler:

Jackhammer: Makes the arm act like a jackhammer while punching away on the opponent.

Ursa Fist: Shoots a powerful laser at the opponent.

Warbear Mercenary: Deploys a drone that attacks the opponent independently of the arm slave.

War Kick: A well placed kick dealing big damage.

Mind of the Warbear: Shoots several laser beams from the head. Calibrates both targeting system and weapons system.

Arm Slave Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Arm Slave Height:About 15 m.

Skari's opinion: Her favorite arm slave. She's very sad that she can't use it in tournaments, although it makes sense at the same time as it would have been a piece of cake if it was allowed.

Spoiler: Viking
                        Name of Arm Slave: Viking

Name of ARM Slave AI: Nothing as of yet

Type: power and defense

Capabilities: Max speed is around 80 KM/H. Can encase itself in ice at will negating most damage.

Specialty: A arm slave still in development.

Arm Slave Equipment:
                        Spoiler:

Frostval Axe: Attacks with the axe. The axe have a high chance of dealing high damage.

Fryse Spyd: Shoots a spear that's still linked to the viking at the enemy and pulls it out again. The spear have a high chance of dealing high damage.

Viking Ball and Chain : Shoots a ball linked to the viking with a chain at the opponent. The attack grows more powerful for each use.

Frozen Cannon: Uses a very strong fan on the arm slave to freeze the target, making it hard for the opponent to move.

SubZero Gaze: Shoots a subZero beam at the target, freezing the visor making it hard for the opponent to see it's target.

Arm Slave Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Arm Slave Height:About 14 m.

Skari's opinion: A arm slave that she have actually never tried herself. She is still eager to try it once it's finished.

Spoiler: Chrono
                        Name of Arm Slave: Chrono

Name of ARM Slave AI: Nothing as of yet

Type: none as of yet, although it's supposed to be power and defense when it's done

Capabilities: Max speed is currently around 50 KM/H

Specialty: A arm slave still in development. Supposed to be able to control the flow of time when it's done.

Arm Slave Equipment:
                        Spoiler:

Chrono-Meter: A powerful meele punch that grows stronger the longer it was since the body was used last time.

Chrono-Cannon: A cannon that shoots oil at it's opponent. As time goes by and the oil get's time to seep in, the targeting system of the enemy is damaged.

Timestopper: Shoot a lot of enemy at the target that suspends them in time for about 3 seconds. Have been reported to sometimes suspend for 6 seconds instead.

Time Warp: Controls the flow of time on the battle field and use it to damage the enemy. Is designed to accelerate the aging of the enemy arm slave and damage it trough things like rust, although the effect is currently miniscule. Can also turn back time around 5 seconds once per battle to repair damage. Have been reported that it once instead turned time back several minutes.

Chrono-Graph: A weapon that amplifies the effect of the other weapons.

Arm Slave Appearance:
                        Spoiler:

Arm Slave Height:About 15 m.

Skari's opinion: A arm slave that she have actually never tried herself. She is still eager to try it once it's finished.
                        Last edited by Katrix; 02-26-2014, 07:56 PM.
                        Born in the light.
                        Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
                        Keep Fighting.
                        –Don't Forget.
                        Always, somewhere,
                        you are not alone.

Comment

*imagines Nitro and Skari having "nerd talk" about Arm Slave.
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:

Comment

@Wriggle

Don't forget about Raven. He's personally from the Military, and as such he has knowledge on the different types of weapons Arm Slaves can have (Well the mass produced ones save for a few custom parts), as well as most operating systems.

Comment

@Katrix

Accepted Katrix.

Comment

I added a few more details that need review to my app

Additional Information

- Orion's Legacy: Consists of the fighter frame X-01 "Sonic Blade" which Aion modified into X-02 Eclipse Blade as well as (Bracing for the fact I smell this conflicting with something in the story canon) the framework for AETHER. Aion in short finished his mentor's work, and customized both to his style.

- Aurora: Although obviously an AI, Aion believes her to be the conscious of his sister, Tina.

- Knowledge: Because Aion hand built X-02 and AETHER, he knows their systems inside and out. However he is not the most adept mechanic, he can tell when something is wrong and what needs to be done to fix it.

- Weapons:
                                Aion himself carries a broad sword that can separate into two single-edged sabres. This is known as the D-Helix Sabre. It is also a versatile gunblade with the barrel aligned with the blunt edge of the sabres or the blood channel of them combined. capable of firing moderately sized energy pulses in a shotgun manner. In addition, the blunt side of the sabres have thrusters allowing him to swing them with greater force.
                                The same style of weapon is on his mech.

His fighter, X-02 Eclipse Blade, has a full complement of non-guided missiles known as SPARROWS. Small, fast, and designed to pierce armor to cause structural damage. They do not explode, but the sheer quantities fired at one time makes them effective. A single pod has about 300 SPARROWS and he can choose how many to fire off at a time. X-02 has 4 pods equipped at any given time. SPARROWS are most effective when 100 are fired off at once.
                                It also has an energy pulse gattling gun where its ability to fire is tied to his fighter's power core. If energy exists, it can fire.

His Mech's capabilities are similar to his fighter and his own personal sword, D-Helix; fast and capable of dealing rapid damage. The swords' energy edge allows it to cut through tougher materials with less force. He uses his mech's speed and the thrusters on the blades themselves to cleave through materials.
                                Embedded in the shield is a pod of SPARROWS, however only 150 are in it.
                                I still feel like I'm missing something...

Comment

Working...
                                X