Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those that Lurk: Insomnia (A Creepypasta Based RP [OOC])

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those that Lurk: Insomnia (A Creepypasta Based RP [OOC])

Introduction:

Hello everyone and welcome to my first RP that I have ever made! This RP will be based on and around a few creepypasta creatures that are more infamous. Like say Jeff the Killer, the Rake, maybe Slender Man, and even a some Original monsters/entities that can induce nightmares for life lol.

Please note that the RP will only ever be focusing on ONE or TWO "Pastamonsters" at any given point in time within the RP. This RP WILL be in chapters by the way. So there will be one thread, chapter one focusing on the Rake, and Jeff the Killer. In the later chapters we will be getting more into original creations and stuff. Mostly of my design. So depending on how popular this RP gets determines how many chapters I will make after this one. If this one isn't so popular, yet is at least active, and people don't want a sequel then I won't make a sequel. If people do like this and wish for a sequel whenever this gets finished I will make the other chapters. So... yeah. Onto the story.

PROLOGUE:

We all heard of them... those stories you tell your kids to scare them. You share the stories of these... things at and around campfires. Hell recently these stories of these... otherworldly beings, monsters of nightmares have become even more popular with the introduction of the internet in the form of "Creepypasta's." You laugh at the thought of these. These stories, these creatures they speak about... are not real...

Or are they?

In the back of your mind you tell yourself that these things... The Rake, Jeff the Killer..., and even Slender Man... are just works of fiction. They do not exist...

Oh but they do exist my good friend, they do. Well within the unknown they exist in a very real... and very dangerous form. Have you ever felt like you were being watched? Like something was following you? Well then you might have Slender Man stalking you, waiting until the moment to strike is ripe. Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night to some odd noise? Yet you were too afraid to look... well you my good friend probably had the Rake visit you in the middle of the night... Anyways this world is dangerous, and filled with the unknown. So please... be careful.

Oh and one more thing...

Spoiler:
    Go to sleep for me...

STORY:

The year is 2014, the month June 9th. The location is Atlanta, Georgia... Summer had begun, and Summer break for students in Elementary, all the way up to High School had started. You are just some... ordinary person... for the most part. By the normal human standard, yes you are pretty ordinary. Nothing super spectacular about you. By your own standards... yeah you are unique. Either you had some paranormal/supernatural experiences in your past or not you are still living a... hopefully peaceful life. You do not believe in Creepypasta's for the most part... Hell for all I know you haven't even heard of them before. Sadly though these stories are mostly true... or what is in them are true in the fact that... these creatures exist. Maybe in your past you had actually had an ecounter with one of these things, and it ruined your mental state and now all you can think about is that thing you saw that one night at the foot of your bed. Maybe you even forgot about it after all these years. Hell maybe nothing happened to you, and you still think that these things are just all fiction...

However recently you in the mail you had received an unlabeled package. There is no sender labeled on the package... in fact there is nothing on the package. The only thing on the small box was a word saying "OPEN ME". Inside this small cardboard package with a plane, or bus ticket depending on where you live. Alongside it was a small flashdrive, and a piece of paper with an address. The Address is of Dawson Forsest of Atlanta, Georgia, and instructions telling you to go there...

For some reason you were compelled to follow these instructions, as though something was urging you to go to Atlanta, Georgia. Unknown of what would be there waiting for you.

What about that Flash drive though? It has nothing important on it... save for a few corrupted, and completely inaccessible files on it... Though that is not important... yet...

The story starts with you in, or already arriving in Atlanta, Georgia... wanting to find out what sent that package.

Oh... and a tip...

Don't be afraid of the dark... but rather... be afraid of what lurks within it.

Rules:

Rule 1: Obviously no Meta-gaming, Powergaming, and whatnot.

Rule 2: Be kind and courteous to your fellow RPers.

Rule 3: DO NOT BY ANY CHANCE BRING IN RANDOM CREEPYPASTA ENTITIES/ITEMS/MONSTERS WITHOUT ASKING. If I catch you doing so then I will give you a warning. This chapter is focusing on (mostly) Jeff the Killer, and The Rake. Of whom I will supply information of down further in the opening.

Rule 4: You CANNOT by any means take control of, or be a Creepypasta Monster. This is about the human characters, in a "real" world setting. Yes we are using OC's, but this world is basically the real world if these monsters and whatnot existed. So no being some character with super powers or a game character please...

Rule 5: Try and at least post as often as you can if able to. If you can please do. You do not have to make the longest posts also, but it is appreciated if you at least try to make decently lengthed posts.

Rule 6: There will be an inventory system of sorts that I will keep track of. Just a heads up.

Rule 7: Heads up in this Chapter Jeff the Killer is first, and the Rake will appear later.

Rule 8: That is about it... so... uh... have fun!

Danger Rating:

This is a Danger rating, showing how dangerous these guys are.

Gray: Not dangerous at all. Harmless. Sometimes can even be powerful, but can either not care about attacking humans, ignore humans, or even aid humans.

Purple: Not Very dangerous. Safe to approach. Has the potential to harm you, but is unlikely.

Blue: Difficult. Approach with some caution. If provoked things with this rating can be dangerous.

Green: Dangerous. approach with major caution. Approaching anything with this rating can result in severe injuries, or even mental damage.

Gold: Brutal. Avoid at all costs if unprepared. Even with the right equipment things with this rating can still be somewhat dangerous. Beings with this rating can and WILL KILL YOU if you are not careful.

Red: Volatile. Anything with this rating is highly dangerous. Chances of you making it out alive are slim, even if prepared. Avoid if possible as things with this rating can be highly unpredictable.

Black Sadistic. These things have no regard for human life. Sadistic ranked creatures can easily kill you, even if fully prepared. They can potentially break your mind, and even your very essence. Survival is very slim against Sadistic rated creatures.

Featured Creepypasta's:

Jeff the Killer:
    Spoiler:

Bio:
    A psychotic serial killer who was once a rather ordinary kid who had gotten severely burned in a fire after being covered in bleach during a major fight against some bullies. He survived, but was hideously disfigured. After being released from the hospital he murdered his family before fleeing. Ever since he had not been caught by the cops, and he had been the cause of several murders ever since. Even to this day Jeff is committing murders, traveling from one town to the next within the US. He is still not found as after he commits one murder in one place he almost immediately leaves town. Rarely will he ever actually stay in one town for extended periods of time.

Danger Rating: Yellow: Jeff is dangerous, as he has an oddly high pain tolerance/endurance. He can be best described as the "Michael Myers" of Creepypasta. You can shoot him several times with a handgun in the chest and it would only incapacitate him. You can impale him right through the stomach, and he would still be able to flee. He can be killed, but due to how elusive he is as well as how much he had actually managed to kill, and being able to sneak into a person's house without setting off an alarm one can assume he is very stealthy, and his combat capability with a knife of nearly any kind is quite high. He is truly dangerous up close.

The Rake:
    Spoiler:

Bio:
    Not much is known about the Rake. All is known is that the Rake is inhumanly human. His body shape suggests he is some sort of either mutated human, or something else otherworldly. He is occasionally known to choose a victim at mostly random, then appearing in their houses at night by their bedside when they sleep. Slowly stalking them until he finally finds them right to kill. People occasionally call him the "Feral Man" due to the way he looks, and moves. He usually won't attack unless provoked, but if you do he can kill you easily.

Danger Rating: Volatile: The Rake is known to be unpredictable. Who he chooses as a target is mostly random, but some hint that he targets those who have either done something they shouldn't have (like kill someone, robbed someone, etc), or have met someone he was hunting, thus turning you into the next victim. His durability is quite high, capable of surviving a 22 Gauge shotgun at point blank with little to no injuries. There are no known current means on how to actually defend yourself from the Rake aside from ignoring it. If you can try to ignore it (it is hard to) then it might eventually grow bored of you, thus leaving you alone eventually. The claws on his hands are VERY sharp, capable of easily cutting through flesh, much like a knife through butter. It is also hard to outrun it if you do happen to provoke it.

Application:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Fear: (What is your character's biggest fear? If they don't really have a fear just list something they really dislike.)

Bio: (Tell me a bit about your characters past. Anything special happen to them? Maybe when they were younger they had an encounter with one of these "Pastamonsters". Try to be creative.)

Inventory: (Nothing big like a Assault Rifle. Smaller sidearms though like knives, stun guns, and even basic 9mm handguns are allowed. Swords... I'm a bit iffy as they just don't seem to fit well against some of these things. For example, a basic switchblade knife, a phone, a camera. Stuff like that. Something that can be useful.)

Notes:

Suggestions:

Okay here it is, the OOC. If there are any mistakes please let me know. If you have any questions just ask down below. I will make the IC soon once I get enough apps.
    Last edited by SereneGrace; 02-04-2015, 10:11 PM.

Name: Andrew Smith

Appearance:
    Spoiler:
    He stands at 6ft 1, and weighs at 189 lbs.

Personality: Andrew is normally quiet, and does not wish to talk unless he really has something to say, or unless spoken to. This isn't because he is polite or anything, he is just shy and doesn't talk first unless he is bored and whatnot. Get him talking though and he can be a bit harder to stop. Andrew like I said is shy. He does not really confront others all too much, but on occasion he can be known to randomly approach someone. Due to his shy nature he does not have much friends, and will usually stay cooped up somewhere, browsing the internet or playing video games and whatnot. However those he does befriend he becomes more active around, he will always be joking, and will be a actually normal person who isn't shy or quiet. Though in large crowds Andrew gets a bit... more shy. He tries his best to avoid large crowds of 10 or more people. He is also quite curious, and will usually begin asking questions about things he does not understand, even if he won't fully understand the explanation. He is also quite easy to scare, and freak out. He also is not the brightest person. No he isn't dumb, he is pretty smart. He is just slow when it comes to catching onto minor details.

Fear(s)s: Andrew has a few fears. One of them is pitch black darkness (like an empty building with no light, and no windows.) He gets highly uneasy in these kinds of locations, as such he will not usually go down say into a basement unless there is a light of some kind. Sadly sometimes a flashlight might not work for him in some instances. He also has a fear of spiders though these only make him uneasy at most.

Andrew also has a fear of being completely, and utterly alone. Place him in an old, abandoned building and leave... well... let's just say if Andrew finds or realizes that he is completely alone in the area he will get rather paranoid. The worst cases are when he is alone in an area that is often times filled with people. One example is say at a park during the day Andrew will be fine and dandy if not a little nervous around strangers. Though if he goes to a park at night when it is completely empty... That's a different story. There is just something about places that say during the day are really populated and noisy, yet at night there is no one around and is almost dead silent that unnerves him.

Bio: Andrew had always been a normal kid, he went to school and did everything a normal kid would do. However he was a bit shy, and as such never had any friends. Never once in his life had anything supernatural, or paranormal happened to him, though at around the early hours in the morning (around 3:00 AM) he will feel like he is being watched even when no one was around, and this has been happening for a good while. One thing he is though is a fan of Creepypasta, as he will often times read on them, or listen to readings of Creepypasta's online when he has nothing to do. He blames the feeling of being watched on just minor paranoia of all the Creepypasta's he had read. Recently Andrew had received an unlabeled package.

Being the curious type Andrew opened the package... only to find a paper, instructions, and a plane ticket to Atlanta, Georgia... along with a flash-drive that after checking it, had only corrupted files. Andrew at first ignored the instructions on the paper, and the contents of the package. However after time passed by (a week) he eventually got the urge to go to Atlanta, Georgia. So he went. He recently arrived at his destination two days ago, and is now staying in a hotel. He had rented a car as well during his hopefully short stay.

Inventory: He has on him a simple Mobile Phone which also has a built in flashlight, and camera. Along with a small pocket knife he "borrowed" from his father. Other than that he also has a 5 Hour Energy drink he planned on using on the plane.

Notes: N/A

Suggestions: N/A
    Last edited by SUSTIC; 12-12-2014, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Interesting concept, just don't make those guys too overpowered, don't want to die in half a second. She's far better to look at now.

Name: Soane Williams

Appearance: She is quite tall, standing at around 6 ft. She has medium length dark brown hair, with a grouping of red beads holding together a small side ponytail. She wears a long black trenchcoat, even in warm weather. Underneath the trenchcoat she usually wears casual clothing, usually a pair of jeans and a loose t-shirt. On the sides of her jeans she has holsters for two knives for self-defense.

Personality: She's usually determined and serious about most things, and rather patient and smart. She does have a fascination with blades and knives, though, which can lead to some people calling her sadistic or evil. Though she's not. She's simply interested in blades and is quite proficient with them in many uses.

Fears: Soane isn't really scared of anything, at least to her knowledge. If she is scared of anything, she hides it very well, and if in a survival scenario, focuses on surviving rather than the actual fear, keeping a level head.

Bio: Soane was born and raised in Australia, in the Outback. Her parents were owners of a small ranch, in which she was raised. She loved going out into the rocks out near her house. Her parents worried for her, and so, taught her how to use blades to defend herself from snakes and other, large creatures. And that she did. She caught various creatures, like snakes, and even a small crocodile. Then, after many forgetful years, she recieved the strange package. Since she had nothing better to do, and she did want to see the US, she travelled there, sneaking her more "dangerous" things through security using her own little methods. She has since arrived and is staying at a motel near the forest.

Inventory: Packs of Tic-Tacs, pair of bowie knives for protection and just general utility usage. Has a flashlight.

Notes: Has a strong Australian accent. She's quite strong due to her travels in the Outback.

Suggestions:
      Last edited by Koishi; 06-09-2014, 08:34 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Both accepted.

@Mima

Even though the Danger Rating system DOES STATE that you shouldn't fuck with some of these, I will provide means of escape/way to defend oneself when they do appear.

EDIT:
        I have an announcement. THE APPS HAVE SOMETHING NEW ADDED TO THEM!

Fear:

This is a Creepypasta RP, so why didn't I add this at first? I'm a big dummy X3!!
        Last edited by SereneGrace; 06-09-2014, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Name: Jasmine Norwood

Appearance:
          Spoiler:
          Jasmine is 5ft 6, and weighs in at about 143 lbs.

Personality: Jasmine is a usually cheery girl. She never really takes things too seriously, and often times will make a remark about something when it happens. Though when things do hit the drain, she will start acting like the matter at hand is truly a more severe one. She is also not the most patient girl on the planet, as she can get antsy when waiting for say the bus, or for a game to load up. However she does have enough patience to not start complaining about anything immediately. She is also pretty smart and clever, but her she is not an active person physically (as such she does not have a lot of stamina.) One thing though is her passion for photography. Wherever she goes she brings a small Hi-Def camera with her so she can always take pictures of nature, or various things she finds interesting. As such she has a pretty good eye. When she is not out taking pictures though she is usually on her laptop of which she usually carries around with her in a backpack. Jasmine despite everything else is easily paranoid. In fact for the past two months she had felt the constant feeling of being followed everywhere she had went. Even when she was completely alone she felt like someone or something was there with her. This is beginning to take its toll on her mental stability.

Fear: Jasmine fears a couple of things. She does not like heights, and when she is on say the top of a 4 story building, expect her to avoid the ledges at all costs. She also has a bad fear of being alone in unfamiliar places. Mostly due to a natural mental thought process, but she always feels vulnerable when she is alone. Especially in locations she had not been in before. One person with her though is enough to calm her down. She also has a phobia of being stalked. Jasmine hates the sensation of being followed by something she is not familiar with.

Bio: A native of Atlanta, Jasmine's past is mostly kept a secret ever since she moved out of her parents house. At first living in her own apartment felt pretty good. She had a part-time job, and her parents oftentimes gave her a small allowance to help pay the rent. Eventually though (about one month in) she had begin to feel like... she was being followed. At first it annoyed her a bit, but eventually it just wouldn't stop. She eventually found herself feeling like something was always behind her, watching her. Even when she was completely alone in a locked room without windows... she felt like something was there... She recently had received a unlabelled package telling her to go to Dawson Forest for... some reason. She wanting to get down to business is now planning on going to Dawson Forest. Hopefully something will be there.

Inventory: A small pink camera as seen above, capable of taking Hi-Quality photos, a laptop which she carries in a backpack, a pack of gum, and can of pepperspray for self defense.

Notes: None at the moment.

Suggestions:... No... except for people to try not to be OP... if that is even possible in this RP (its possible, I know.)

Comment

Sorry if I'm bumping this but-

Well since S1 is back, and that I am actually willing to try and RP seriously now, I think we can continue this RP.

Comment

@Serene

Oh yea, I remember now. I was going to make an app.

I'll get to it soon.. ish. I'll probably make one tonight.

Just a question though. Where do you think would be a good place to start in the RP?
              Originally posted by S121
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

@S121

S1!!!

Start anywhere you'd like. Currently the story is starting out in Georgia. So try and start somewhere in well... Georgia near the current location of the characters.

Comment

(Working on app. Should be done in 1-3 days.)

Name: Jason Stone

Appearance:*

Personality:

Fear: (What is your character's biggest fear? If they don't really have a fear just list something they really dislike.)

Bio: (Tell me a bit about your characters past. Anything special happen to them? Maybe when they were younger they had an encounter with one of these "Pastamonsters". Try to be creative.)

Inventory: (Nothing big like a Assault Rifle. Smaller sidearms though like knives, stun guns, and even basic 9mm handguns are allowed. Swords... I'm a bit iffy as they just don't seem to fit well against some of these things. For example, a basic switchblade knife, a phone, a camera. Stuff like that. Something that can be useful.)

Notes:

Suggestions:
                  Originally posted by S121
                  Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X