Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those that Lurk: Insomnia (A Creepypasta Based RP [IC])

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those that Lurk: Insomnia (A Creepypasta Based RP [IC])

Introduction:

Hello and welcome to the IC of Those that Lurk: Insomnia. This is where all the magic happens! So have fun!

Oh and try not to die okay?

STORY:

The year is 2014, the month June 9th. The location is Atlanta, Georgia... Summer had begun, and Summer break for students in Elementary, all the way up to High School had started. You are just some... ordinary person... for the most part. By the normal human standard, yes you are pretty ordinary. Nothing super spectacular about you. By your own standards... yeah you are unique. Either you had some paranormal/supernatural experiences in your past or not you are still living a... hopefully peaceful life. You do not believe in Creepypasta's for the most part... Hell for all I know you haven't even heard of them before. Sadly though these stories are mostly true... or what is in them are true in the fact that... these creatures exist. Maybe in your past you had actually had an ecounter with one of these things, and it ruined your mental state and now all you can think about is that thing you saw that one night at the foot of your bed. Maybe you even forgot about it after all these years. Hell maybe nothing happened to you, and you still think that these things are just all fiction...

However recently you in the mail you had received an unlabeled package. There is no sender labeled on the package... in fact there is nothing on the package. The only thing on the small box was a word saying "OPEN ME". Inside this small cardboard package with a plane, or bus ticket depending on where you live. Alongside it was a small flashdrive, and a piece of paper with an address. The Address is of Dawson Forsest of Atlanta, Georgia, and instructions telling you to go there...

For some reason you were compelled to follow these instructions, as though something was urging you to go to Atlanta, Georgia. Unknown of what would be there waiting for you.

What about that Flash drive though? It has nothing important on it... save for a few corrupted, and completely inaccessible files on it... Though that is not important... yet...

The story starts with you in, or already arriving in Atlanta, Georgia... wanting to find out what sent that package.

Rules:

Rule 1: Obviously no Meta-gaming, Powergaming, and whatnot.

Rule 2: Be kind and courteous to your fellow RPers.

Rule 3: DO NOT BY ANY CHANCE BRING IN RANDOM CREEPYPASTA ENTITIES/ITEMS/MONSTERS WITHOUT ASKING. If I catch you doing so then I will give you a warning. This chapter is focusing on (mostly) Jeff the Killer, and The Rake. Of whom I will supply information of down further in the opening.

Rule 4: You CANNOT by any means take control of, or be a Creepypasta Monster. This is about the human characters, in a "real" world setting. Yes we are using OC's, but this world is basically the real world if these monsters and whatnot existed. So no being some character with super powers or a game character please...

Rule 5: Try and at least post as often as you can if able to. If you can please do. You do not have to make the longest posts also, but it is appreciated if you at least try to make decently lengthed posts.

Rule 6: There will be an inventory system of sorts that I will keep track of. Just a heads up.

Rule 7: Heads up in this Chapter Jeff the Killer is first, and the Rake will appear later.

Rule 8: That is about it... so... uh... have fun!

Danger Rating:

This is a Danger rating, showing how dangerous these guys are.

Gray: Not dangerous at all. Harmless. Sometimes can even be powerful, but can either not care about attacking humans, ignore humans, or even aid humans.

Purple: Not Very dangerous. Safe to approach. Has the potential to harm you, but is unlikely.

Blue: Difficult. Approach with some caution. If provoked things with this rating can be dangerous.

Green: Dangerous. approach with major caution. Approaching anything with this rating can result in severe injuries, or even mental damage.

Gold: Brutal. Avoid at all costs if unprepared. Even with the right equipment things with this rating can still be somewhat dangerous. Beings with this rating can and WILL KILL YOU if you are not careful.

Red: Volatile. Anything with this rating is highly dangerous. Chances of you making it out alive are slim, even if prepared. Avoid if possible as things with this rating can be highly unpredictable.

Black Sadistic. These things have no regard for human life. Sadistic ranked creatures can easily kill you, even if fully prepared. They can potentially break your mind, and even your very essence. Survival is very slim against Sadistic rated creatures.

Featured Creepypasta's:

Jeff the Killer:
    Spoiler:

Bio:
    A psychotic serial killer who was once a rather ordinary kid who had gotten severely burned in a fire after being covered in bleach during a major fight against some bullies. He survived, but was hideously disfigured. After being released from the hospital he murdered his family before fleeing. Ever since he had not been caught by the cops, and he had been the cause of several murders ever since. Even to this day Jeff is committing murders, traveling from one town to the next within the US. He is still not found as after he commits one murder in one place he almost immediately leaves town. Rarely will he ever actually stay in one town for extended periods of time.

Danger Rating: Yellow: Jeff is dangerous, as he has an oddly high pain tolerance/endurance. He can be best described as the "Michael Myers" of Creepypasta. You can shoot him several times with a handgun in the chest and it would only incapacitate him. You can impale him right through the stomach, and he would still be able to flee. He can be killed, but due to how elusive he is as well as how much he had actually managed to kill, and being able to sneak into a person's house without setting off an alarm one can assume he is very stealthy, and his combat capability with a knife of nearly any kind is quite high. He is truly dangerous up close.

The Rake:
    Spoiler:

Bio:
    Not much is known about the Rake. All is known is that the Rake is inhumanly human. His body shape suggests he is some sort of either mutated human, or something else otherworldly. He is occasionally known to choose a victim at mostly random, then appearing in their houses at night by their bedside when they sleep. Slowly stalking them until he finally finds them right to kill. People occasionally call him the "Feral Man" due to the way he looks, and moves. He usually won't attack unless provoked, but if you do he can kill you easily.

Danger Rating: Volatile: The Rake is known to be unpredictable. Who he chooses as a target is mostly random, but some hint that he targets those who have either done something they shouldn't have (like kill someone, robbed someone, etc), or have met someone he was hunting, thus turning you into the next victim. His durability is quite high, capable of surviving a 22 Gauge shotgun at point blank with little to no injuries. There are no known current means on how to actually defend yourself from the Rake aside from ignoring it. If you can try to ignore it (it is hard to) then it might eventually grow bored of you, thus leaving you alone eventually. The claws on his hands are VERY sharp, capable of easily cutting through flesh, much like a knife through butter. It is also hard to outrun it if you do happen to provoke it.

LINK TO OOC: Refer to this link for the OOC where you can apply and whatnot.
    http://yukkuricraft.net/showthread.p...sed-RP-OOC-%29

Intro post from me will be coming soon!

Atlanta, Georgia - Dawson Forest Park | Morning

It was a rather dark morning. The clouds filled the sky, and the sounds of occasional thunder could be heard as a thunderstorm began to draw in. It really looked like it will start pouring down rain any minute.

However in the park under one of the Gazebos there was a bench, and on that bench sat a young woman that looked to be 18, if not 19. She was sitting on the bench, looking as though she was waiting for someone, all the while she was on her laptop fooling around in Photoshop, editing some old photos to make them look a bit nicer than before. Due to how it is only 8:00 in the morning, and the sun had only rose about an hour ago and due to the oncoming storm there was little to no one else around in this... empty park.

"Okay... so I was asked to come here... and no one came... Boy I should never listen to strange unlabelled boxes." The girl said as she saved what she was doing in Photoshop, closed her laptop, then stood up. Just as she was about to leave a loud crackle of thunder was heard as it began to finally rain. The rain was pouring down hard. If she were to go out into the rain not only would she get soaked, but also her laptop would get drenched. Something she did not wish to happen due to how expensive it was for her to buy. Instead she stood there under the safety of the Gazebo, staring out at the heavy rain.

"Goddammit... I should never have come here this early in the morning. Also so much for the Weather Channel saying that "Today was going to be mostly sunny". I mean seriously? That Weather Channel needs to get better equipment." Jasmine complained as she sat back down on the bench under the Gazebo.

Comment

Andrew was out at the park in Dawson Forest when it suddenly had begun to rain. This annoyed Andrew slightly as he really didn't want to get wet on what he hopes is just a simple trip to the park. Yeah he did see and hear the thunder and lightning earlier with the dark, cloudy sky... but there was just something that just made him want to get through the park, and hopefully somewhere out of the rain. As he kept running he saw in the distance a Gazebo, dead smack in the center of a clearing along the trail. Upon sight of this shelter from the rain he let out a sigh of relief as he quickly took off towards the roofed gazebo.

Once he finally got to the gazebo, and out of the rain Andrew stopped to catch his breath. The cool air from the rain, in the middle of this forest was a bit relaxing compared to how hot it normally gets around here. Now that he was out of the rain he sat in a bench directly opposite of a young woman. When Andrew sat down is when he finally noticed the young woman with short brown hair, and glasses. She also appeared to be stuck here... dry at least, but stuck here nonetheless.

Andrew just looked at her a bit nervously, yet curiously... not uttering a single word as he sat there.

Comment

Dawson Forest Park

Soon after Andrew arrived, a dark form came along the trail, wearing a black trenchcoat and a fedora. The rain opened up upon the form, known in a more formal fashion as Soane Williams.

"Bloody hell, rain this early?" she muttered to herself. She did see the clouds in the distance, though she expected the rain to come later, rather than sooner. Like someone simply blew on the cloud to give it a headstart. She wasn't bothered by the rain, though. Her mostly water-proof trenchcoat wicked off the stuff, and she removed the fedora from her head. She liked the feeling of rain on her head. Wasn't the most common thing in Australia.

Ahead was the gazebo, with people under it. Maybe those were the ones she was to meet? The package didn't specify any details other than this "Dawson Forest", so, she didn't mind. At the best, it would be the goal. At the wort, maybe she could make some conversation. So, she walked towards the gazebo and leaned a little against one of the sides.

"G'day mates." Soane said. "Any of you know anything about strange mail?"

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Jasmine continued to wait for the rain to stop as she finally saw some people in the park. She watched on as Andrew came under the gazebo, and as he did she straightened her posture. After Soane had arrived Jasmine was a bit more relieved with how there are now at least 2 people here to talk to.

She just sat there looking at Andrew as he looked back at her with a somewhat nervous expression. Jasmine made no notice of that though, especially with how Soane was actually speaking.

"Strange mail?" Jasmine said as she thought for a moment. Strange mail could mean just about anything ranging from just weird ads received in the mail, to well... stranger things like possibly hair, or other weird items and objects "Uh what do you mean by strange mail? Do you mean like... weird ads? Or do you mean like just receiving something... odd like the hair of some random stranger?"

Comment

Dawson Forest

"I mean strange, luv, not stalkerish." Soane said, stretching her arms.

"Got some weird box with stuff in it, one of the things tellin' me to come here." Soane continued. "Nothin' here though. Bloody thing better not have been lyin'."
            Last edited by Koishi; 06-12-2014, 07:02 PM.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Atlanta, Georgia - Dawson Forest Park

Andrew listened in on the conversation between Soane and Jasmine because well... he had no choice. After hearing the talk about "strange mail" from Soane, Andrew almost immediately sat up straight.

"Strange mail? Strange box with... no label right? What kind of stuff did it have inside it? Because I might have gotten the same thing..." Andrew replied as he turned to Soane.
              Last edited by SUSTIC; 06-13-2014, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Dawson Forest

"Well, it was more of a small crate. Had the thing tellin' me to come here, and some electronic stick thing. Ain't the best with electronics." Soane said. "Don't really have 'em where I live."

Comment

Jasmine upon hearing about the oddly familiar mail they had received stood up and looked at them both. "Well that counts me in as well. I received a very similar package the other day. It wasn't wooden though... it was cardboard. It also did not have a label saying who it was from, or who it was for. Inside it I found a note saying to come here, along with a USB drive for a computer. Since I only live at least an hour away I decided to come down here. Though I haven't really seen or met anyone until you two came." She said as she reached into her pocket, taking out a small black USB Drive with only the company logo on it, and a small piece of tape with the numbers 6914 on it.

"I also took a look inside this thing on my laptop and only found a few corrupted files that I couldn't access. What about you?"

Comment

"Okay now that is odd..." Andrew mumbled as he looked like he was going into deep thought. "Three people received the same package from some unknown sender with oddly familiar items in it. Why does this seem so odd yet familiar to me? I swear it does... does anyone feel the same way?"

Comment

Dawson Forest Park

"They ain't familiar to me, mate. The only reason I even came over here is because of the plane tickets. Always wanted to see how you spoiled Americans have it. Only bothered coming to this park because it's close to where i'm stayin'." Soane explained.

Comment

"Oh... Well I came here because I have well... not much going on. I swear I feel like this... uh... stuff received is familiar. Like I read it from somewhere. Oh well though..." Andrew said as he yawned. Visually he did not look tired, but he actually was. He ha d a long bus ride to get to this park. Andrew then looked up at Jasmine.

"So why did you follow the instructions on the paper again? I can't recall if you said..."

Comment

Jasmine turned to Andrew as she straighted her glasses. "I just came here because I really had nothing better to do. Since I only live about an hour or so away I figured it wouldn't really hurt to come here. That is my reasons as to coming. Other than that I have no other real reasons." Jasmine replied in a rather casual tone, she occasionally glanced over her shoulder as though something was behind her when there wasn't anything behind her. Nothing at all. After seeing that nothing was behind her she let out a sigh of relief. She then since having nothing better to do decided to open her laptop again, and continue working in Photoshop.

Comment

Dawson Park

"Well, if there ain't anything else here of note, i'm going to take my leave." Soane said, turning and heading out through the rain.

Comment

As Soane began to leave Jasmine quickly closed her laptop and ran out into the rain.

"Wait! Don't you find it odd that the three of us received the oddly similar packages? I mean from what it sounds like the three of us received the same kind of package with the same kind of stuff in it. It can't be just some sort of coincidence. We should at least stay in contact with each other don't you think? I'm sorry if I'm sounding a bit insane right now, but I feel like we should at least keep in touch in the case something happens. I mean it's just a gut feeling but I feel like there is more to these packages..."

Comment

Working...
                              X