X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libellus IC

Note: This does take place in north america, It can take place anywhere, INCLUDING CANADA.

RULES!!!
    Standard RP thread, forum rules as well as these rules apply:

1. Please be reasonable with what your character can do, Normal humans cannot perform magic and cannot be unnaturally strong unless you give a detailed explanation as to WHY your character is this strong. Even then you have to at least keep in mind that they are a human in the present day.

2. You can add a piece of folklore or mythological creature you wish. Just remember to give them at least a weakness, you can make it so that weakness doesn't kill them just do not give them no weaknesses at all and make it impossible to survive them on their own.

3. You can only have about 4 main characters and an unlimited amount of npcs. Just be warned that npcs can and will die in this RP due to what an npcs role will be in this rp.

4.Referring to the rule above, while you can easily kill an npc, that does not give you the right to just go full ham on killing npcs all you want if they are important npcs. There is a time and place for killing canon fodder and there is a time and place to not kill them.

5.If you want to be any of the seven main humans, ask the forum mods as well as myself before making an app on it. This is due to them being a driving force in the RP and in the lore. There is only

Backstory
    Spoiler:

For as long as humanity has remembered, There have been stories, folklore you could say or myths. Humanity had feared and hunted these creatures around the world with no real edge on their side, with each danger they encounter getting worse than the others. As far as humanity was concerned, these things had their own origins and backstories that created the world around them. It remained somewhat even until the demons appeared, swallowing the world in more chaos than before. Some would help the humans for something in return, others would capture humans to make them into demons themselves. These creatures had abilities to deceive and manipulate those around them to the point where it had nearly caused the humans to go back in progress. This was until someone managed to capture a demon, Where they realized that these creatures were the only ones that had their own weakness, their power. After ten years of research and practically torture on the poor creature, the man had created 7 coloured flames, each resembling a type of trait that would help them combat these creatures. He sent out 6 and kept the 7th for himself. The seventh however, Killed the man on sight and wandered off towards the closest baby, Affina. The other six came to be the flame of hope with affina herself. They all came to help each other out and help the world straight itself out.

Affina was the only one that felt off with her flame, as all she was good at was to deceive the world into believing the creatures around them were a lie, and she was quite convincing at it. The lie extended throughout her years until she was eventually captured by demons. These demons slowly attempted to corrupt her, But due to her already possessing part of what a demon needed, they were unable to corrupt her as easily as the others, making her an immortal was easy, making her mind state that of a demon took a lot more breaking then they had originally thought, which took hundreds of years. During of which, many demons ended up dying due to the flames over the years. As time went on, and Affina eventually broke, the world began to forget the supernatural creatures even existed, only thinking of them as folklore, myths and legends. The lie that Affina created long ago had made 90% of the population forget about the supernatural and began to advance because of it.

When Affina returned to the world as a demon, she was not quite happy with what she came back to. Not only did the idea of the flames disappear, if it was mentioned, only the six flames were ever mentioned at all. This infuriated the poor girl and in a fit of rage, declared war on the human race. She did it in subtle ways, manipulating many people to cause war and genocide to attempt to disrupt the progress of them, that was, until the new flames appeared. None of them knew what to do exactly to with her, but after a long fought battle and a few of the flames lost, the mirus and the fortitudo flames both decided he best option was to seal her away in a journal, only to ever come out as a construct to guide future mirius flames in their pursuit of defending the human race. To make sure this never happened again, both of them made journals to pass down from generation to generation of flames to guide and for them to guide the next flame after them.

Now it is the present day, 2015, and it has been about 12 years since the last flame has died, will you be a human trying to make the world a better place? Are you a demon that wishes to help humans for their own selfish gain? or are you that one demon/creature that just wants to watch the world burn. The choice is up to you...

The Current flames!

Since There can only be one flame at a single time, I am putting them in this spot and a bit of a description of what a flame is about.

The flames is a human that may seem normal, but has an advancement of a certain personality trait that allows them to excel at what they do best. Some may overlap in some of their jobs, but most of them always carry a huge amount of a singular trait, although this doesn't mean they have to have it all the time. These flames have no real memories of their old lives, but will be drawn to their journals like moths to a flame. Each flame is VERY much kill-able, though only one flame is not considered a flame to anyone but the flame itself and that is the Praestigio Flame, the deceit and lies flame.

RULES!!!

Standard RP and Forum Rules apply as well as the following for the IC.

1.Do NOT attempt to control another person's npc or creature that they made an app for unless you have DIRECT permission from the owner of it, you will be kicked/barred of the RP for that.

2.If you reserve a post, please finish it in the next 24 hours.

3.Please be active, if you are gone for more than 3 months I will kick you out and move your character to an NPC.

4.Please don't kill a major character (midnight man and affina are confirmed major plot points to other characters so they do count.)

5. Place a timestamp to keep track of the time.

Woodland, Washington State - 6:00AM

With a waking start, A young girl wakes up with a cat nearby her, having her sleeping bag next to her and a very intrigued spirit, she gets up and gets into her outfit. She gazes out at the forest around her and many different traps, both physical and mystical, and walks out back towards the town with a bit of a skip. her kitten, with gorgeous and mystifying green eyes follows the girl as she walks out with her gear on her back.

"Is it safe to assume any supernatural activity is going to show up here, mocha?" She spoke in a very hushed voice, prepared to get through the day for the time being.

"I am pretty sure there was rumors of children and young boys going missing, could be anything with that description really." Was all was heard coming from the strange feline, her ears bent back in frustration for a moment. "You really should clean up after yourself when camping, if some supernatural creature is stalking us, it could be very easy to snatch you up and eat you."

"Not true! I have you around!"Is all she blurted before walking out to this sleepy town to investigate, prepared to take on the world around her all while the cat rolls her eyes at the kid in annoyance.

Medford, Oregon - 6:00AM

As her alarm started to beep, the brown haired woman got up in a sheepish haze and looked at her feed like she always does, looking for any sign of someone. After a bit of what seems to be no luck, the woman then got herself ready for work and made breakfast. she made breakfast for two, taking the plate she used and threw its contents into the garbage, letting out a sigh before setting a new plate of pancakes with chocolate chips on the table accross from her.putting chocolate and strawberry syrup on top in hopes that someone would sit there across from her and talk about "monsters" and "demons" or whatever nonsense she used to ignore.

She would eat her food, trying seeming completely out of it and seemingly upset about everything after eating before going and brushing her teeth and grabbing her purse.

("Three months, where could she possibly be.") was a thought that came across her before bursting into tears and collapsing to the ground, crying out an inaudible name to the heavens it would seem, seeming almost at her wits end. The poor woman seemed to be there for hours when it had only been a couple of minutes before standing up and going back to her room and fixing herself up before making her way to work.
    "If I cut the strings that held me hostage would i fall and shatter?"

((this directed towards the Lily))

Medford, Oregon - 6:15AM

In a small Days Inn hotel in Medford, Oregon. A man by the name of Jacob Smithson had just entered his hotel room after quick trip to a local coffee shop and a newspaper. He was already dressed for the day, and had been dressed all night. After all he had been driving for about 5 hours yesterday and finally arrived in Medford, Oregon at around midnight last night. After which he had only gotten about two... maybe three hours of sleep total last night before waking up around 5:15. He was a busy man after all, and has been for the past year. After all he is searching for someone rather... important to him. His younger brother who had gone missing several years ago. All the while he has been discovering things that science has yet to have fully discovered. Things he has encountered first hand, things that nobody would most likely believe should he tell people about it.

Either way that didn't bother Jacob as he went over and sat on his hotel bed. Then after setting the newspaper on the bed next to him he turned on the small, low quality Hotel television to the news channel like he always does.

Sipping his coffee he watched the news... namely for the weather, but for any chances there might be any news about any possible disappearances he should know about. As he watched the news he also picked up the newspaper again and opened it.

Reading through the newspaper he seen a few obituaries here and there, however they didn't seem to have anything... unnatural to them. Just some older gentleman who died of a heart attack, and that's about it. Normally this would sort of grate on Jacob's nerves a bit, but he did at least have something to look forward to. As the whole reason he came to Oregon in the first place was to investigate a few strange disappearances that happened about 2-3 months ago. Or rather one strange disappearance. The disappearance of a young girl who had no real reason to just disappear, and reading up on the case showed that the girl just sorta... vanished. Something odd indeed. In fact he's seen a few cases like that over the past year. Wether this is just like one of those cases or not is honestly just speculation. No matter the case though, Jacob had gotten in contact with the mother of the girl about a week ago online via email, which is where he discovered this mother's situation.

Out of commitment to his current goal, and the fact that he knows how it feels to suddenly lose someone important to him, and thankfully he still had the woman's home phone number from that email conversation he had with her. With that, and realizing there wasn't anything really... useful on the news or in the newspaper, he put the newspaper down and took out his cellphone which he began to dial the woman's number... after which he put the phone to his ear and listened to the dial tone, waiting for her to pick up. Hopefully he's not calling at an entirely bad time.

Comment

((Gonna be short, at work))

Medford, Oregon - 6:17

On her way to leave the house, the woman stopped as the home phone rang and she quickly went back inside and picked it up.

"Hello?" was all she could muster with her voice kind of stricken with grief.
      Last edited by LilyScarlet; 04-15-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Woodland, Washington

Six AM. Mostly people would usually be groggily waking up at around this time as the sun poured through their windows, alarms blaring and pets wanting to devour food.

However, one resident of the town was already up, sitting on a bench near the edge of town, taking in the fresh morning air. They sat in a simple black shirt and a pair of somewhat casual pants, eyes closed as they leaned back, hands on the back of their head. She always liked the mornings. Quiet, cool, the feeling of fresh dew on a lawn everywhere. It was quite relaxing. Sure, some would say it's pretty chilly, but that never bothered them. Nothing much did, to be honest.

It had taken them a long time to find somewhere they felt comfortable. Russia was too stiff. Britain too stuffy, And as cities grew, so did the loudness. She hated loud things. Unless she was causing them, of course. That was simply common sense, well, at least to her foreign mind, that is.

She noted a noise somewhat approaching towards her direction. She lifted an eyelid for a moment, a ruby orb looking to the side for a moment, peering towards the source. Some girl. And a cat too. She sighed, her eye colour shifting to a more natural blue before closing again. She guessed her little daily ritual would have to be cut short. How unfortunate. Well, at least they would have a few extra moments, which they cherished.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

You just discard their guts and keep on driving.

Comment

Medford, Oregon - 6:21AM

When someone had finally picked up the phone, Jacob let out a sigh of relief as he responded. The woman seemed like she was in a rather... uncomfortable/unwilling to talk situation as indicated by the sound of grief he could hear in her voice over the phone. As such he could only ask one thing first.

"Hello is this the... Duguard residence? If so then I hope I am not calling at a bad time. My name is Jacob Smithson, private investigator. I had been in contact with a... Dorrian Duguard over email a week or two ago about the disappearance of a young girl by the name of... Sabrina Duguard. Is this the right residence?"
          Last edited by SUSTIC; 04-16-2017, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Woodland, Washington - 6:00AM

Approaching the area around her, she spotted the girl accross from her, not quite sure of what to think of the girl, but she wanted to ask questions about supernatural stuff. "Hey, you seem up early, haven't seen your face around here, do you often visit this place?" pretending to act like a local that moved in a couple days ago to gain a bit of the girl's trust. "Actually, my mom was wondering why so many people dissapeared from here, see she is very sick and she can't defend a poor girl like me, could you perhaps tell me where most of the kid's last locations so I can avoid it?" she uses her slight charm of appearing defenceless towards the person in the hopes that they would help her, hoping that this person even has a single clue what they are talking about.

Medford, Oregon - 6:22AM

When she heard the voice of a man asking for her and how he was a private investigator, she was quite happy to hear from him.
            "Oh! Yes yes, this is she. Did you find her yet? Is there any sign of her? PLEASE! The police are at their wits end and are considering that she died!" She went into a frantic flurry of questions, continuously Bombarding him with questions before calming and realizing she is kinda going awol. This is when she attempts to calm herself "I'm sorry, it's just, with not even a sign of her, her cat or her journal, I've been unable to think of anything but where she could've possibly gone, I don't know if her weird attraction to weird, supernatural or paranormal things, or her curiosity got her taken away, or if she ran away i-.... I just don't know." She just looks super stressed to the point she could just break down at any moment, though there is quite a bit more hint of grief in there, though it is unclear of what.

Comment

Woodland, Washington

"I do. I come to this spot every day. Or do I? Hard to remember, really." the girl shrugged, opening her now aquamarine eyes and peering at them up and down. Quite young, seemingly. Them being up this early did seem unusual for their apparent age, especially considering their strangely worded questions. Something was not right, and the sitting girl decided to push a little.

"You know, for someone so worried about disappearances of children, being out by yourself at your age seems quite strange, don't you think? Not to mention talking to a complete stranger simply enjoying the morning, to add to that." they emphasized with a slight narrowing of their eyes.

"There'd be nothing stopping me from simply snatching you up, and nobody would be the wiser since most are asleep. Honestly, your mother should have taught you better." she finished with a sigh.

"Look, kid. Everyone knows about the disappearances. I don't know their names, I don't know where they disappeared, and I don't know who or what did it. If you ask me, they're either dead or long gone, but they'll likely not be the last. Law enforcement will figure it out eventually, or everyone dies, not my problem, really." they shrugged once more.

Sometimes when you're driving down a road, a bug hits your windshield. It's ugly and unpleasant, but you just activate the wipers / cleaning fluid and it's gone in a few seconds. It's just part of driving down the road. You don't dwell on it, because that'd be silly. Bugs aren't worth the time.

Comment

Medford, Oregon - 6:22AM

Jacob was caught a bit off guard by how the woman seemed so... quick to ask if she was found or not, and with her statements about the police, he was getting a even clearer sense of how desperate this mother is. With that he replied in a calm, collected tone.

"Listen ma'am, but I unfortunately have been unable to find her. We may have discussed a bit of the case online, but not enough for me to do a completely thorough search. Hence why I am calling, because hopefully you remember me stating that I'll be coming to Medford for a personal interview with you so I can get a better understanding of everything behind your daughter's disappearance. Anyways I was also mainly calling to both remind you, and hopefully confirm our appointment together. But do not worry. I'm not the police. I will not just give up so easily." He spoke in a stern, yet calm voice as he tried to calm her down.

Furthermore hearing her mention the daughter's taste in the supernatural... just reminded him more and more of his younger brother who had also disappeared, albeit vanished a few years ago rather than 3 months. That fact alone just made him... a bit curious as to why this girl disappeared. In fact it made him wonder if she perhaps did the same sort of 'ritual' his brother did before disappearing. Though it might not be likely, it's still a possibility that makes Jacob far more interested in this case. Either way he spoke up one more time.

"So if you are still wanting to go through with our appointment, then when would a good time to meet up? Just let me know when, and your address and I'll be there."

Comment

Woodland, Washington - 6:05AM

Realizing the lady scolding her mother she couldn't help but mutter out "Yeah, My mom is a real mother of the year alright," in a very annoyed tone before listening to her saying she has no idea about certain things.

"Alright! Well, I guess i'll search for someone else than, bye bye lady!" she waves before walking off to find some other person, running into another not to far after, seeming to ask the same question and wandering off with the woman, who is some Japanese woman who also is quite odd and weird about something.

Medford, Oregan

Hearing the man trying to calm her down, she lets out a relieved sigh hearing him say how he will not give up easily, then she simply speaks "ah yes, I live at 1530, steelhead run drive, Though I won't be home until 5PM So would you like to meet then?" She asks before a distinct crash is heard, a pot she had on the counter had fallen, having her sign and get annoyed as she puts the pot back on the counter, a bit farther from the edge. "Danget! I swear I put that far from the counter, sorry! The place has been falling apart since my daughter left." She explained in a frantic to tell the person she was alright and there was no robber or anything. Though she looks at the pot in a bit of confusion, did she really leave a pot there? She didn't make anything that needed a pot last night, letting out a hum of thought before just brushing it off as she probably put it out for tonight.

Comment

Medford, Oregan

Jacob listened and took out apen as he began to write down the woman's address, and the time in which she'd like to meet. The time she offered as a good time to meet was a little later than he'd like, but he went along with it. "Hm. 5 PM is a little later in the evening, but I suppose it will be fine. So I will see you at your place at around... 5-5:30 PM. Somewhere around that time." He replied, confirming and agreeing with the scheduled time of their meeting. He didn't like that time , but not just because it was just late in the evening. Rather that's usually when the sun begins to set at night, and to be honest. He's seen things that people would not believe in come out after that time. Things that unless others say it first hand, they would not believe Jacob, and probably flat out consider him insane. Due to this he couldn't really think of any way to get this distraught mother to meet him at a different time. As that would both be rude, and just probably raise a red flag or two with how persistent he is to meet her. So instead of trying to pressure her into trying to meet him at an earlier time he just said:

"Anyways I'll be hanging up now, but just in case you end up being able to meet at an earlier time. Just send me a call. You can probably save my phone number into your phone or just write it down in case you need anything. No matter the case I will thank you for being willing to-" He was speaking when suddenly he stopped when he heard the commotion that had just happened, along with the woman's small comment. If he heard what he thinks he heard, a pot just fell off from a counter when it probably shouldn't have. Furthermore this raised a few red flags, especially with the thought that she had said that her daughter was always interested in the occult. This just made him think of what happened to his brother who did share an interest in the paranormal, then one day disappeared, as well as the similar weird occurances that Jacob had gone through ever since.

This made Jacob a bit more... on edge, worried, and interested in this case. For if his hunch is correct, maybe this daughter did disappear due to something more... paranormal.

"Actually do you mind if I stop by your place while you are at work, and just do some investigating outside. You know... for anything that might help out in the case? Sometimes some people miss things on the first few examinations. Though if you don't want me to then that is perfectly fine."

Comment

Woodland, Washington

The woman rose an eyebrow with the mutter. Sounded like there was something to that after all. And not even phased about their casual mention of death? There was something off about this child, indeed.

She sighed as they walked away, off to talk to somebody a little less friendly, no doubt. And with a peer of her eyes, she saw that they did. A foreigner, just like herself. They wandered off somewhere with them, and the woman laid back again, taking in a deep breath. She had the distinct feeling this was going to be a long day.

Comment

Woodland, Washington

The child wandered off, however, one distinct little cat decided to stay, peering, glaring at the woman with prying eyes before wandering off, the cat was much more strange than the child and seemed way too close to the child, as if the child was but a tool to it. The cat followed letting out a very concerning "Mrrrrrow!" before dissapearing from sight, and with that, the child had completely vanished from prying eyes of the woman and a bit more in danger's clutches than the child had even realized.

Medford, Oregon

Listening to the man while she was cleaning up her pot she then absentmindedly said "Yes, yes, that's fine. I have had many people look over the house many times, It might not help very much, but I know the drill." before she decides to put her jacket on, seeming a bit cooler than usual, but that didn't really bother her, it happened from time to time where her heating bill was much higher than normal. She even had the heating and plumbing people come in regularly and tell her that there was no real reason as to why the house was cold, in fact the place should be a sauna at the temperature she put it, she didn't really care. "Just be a bit cautious, the heating system is a bit off, the heating guy says there is nothing wrong, but the place is always freezing, heck, he says the place should be a sauna at the temp I placed it too and it is wasting precious money." Is what she managed to say before she got prepared to leave. "Anyways, I had better let you go, so be sure to take care of my daughter's room, I want it left exactly how it was, don't want her to be upset at me if she does come back." in a more hopeful tone, though this can be seen by others as being in denial that her daughter is dead.

Comment

Medford, Oregon

Having been given the permission to stop by her house, Jacob was a bit pleased. "Don't worry I'll be sure to keep your daughter's room in the same condition it was in when I first got there. In other words I'll be sure to not touch anything. The problem with your heater shouldn't bother me so don't worry your little head about me. It'll be like I wasn't even there. Anyways thank you for giving me the go ahead to come take a look at things around your house, and another thanks for confirming our appointment. Anyways I'll let you go now. I'll be at your house in about 30 minutes at least. Most will be an hour. Just don't forget our appointment later today. Anyways, goodbye." Jacob finished as he then hung up on the woman... a little... suddenly.

After that Jacob let out a small sigh as he put his phone in his pocket before taking one last sip of his coffee. "Well. Guess it's time to head to work." He said rather dryly as he got up from his bed. Grabbing his keys he quickly made his way for the door.
                          Last edited by SUSTIC; 04-28-2017, 03:04 AM.

Comment

((sorry about the pause, this will be short))
                            Medford, Oregon

having been hung up on, the woman decides to move out the door and goes straight the work, on the way, she swears something is following her, like normal. She just shrugs it off but has her keys batched together like her own form of a weapon in case some creep tries to hit on her. she would often times turn around, seeming paranoid to those around her but she didn't care, her neighbors knew that she was going through a hard time so they know to keep their distance from her anyways, so she didn't quite care about her real appearance on the outside to them. She only cared about heading to her workplace and getting the day over and done with.

((no idea what to do with Sabrina at the moment, so for now I'll post this. Was kinda hoping drad would finish his character app, though he keeps forgetting to do so/cant find images of his character.))

Comment

Medford, Oregon

Jacob had left the hotel room he will be calling home for the next few days with his coat, cellphone and car keys in his pocket, and a now just recently finished coffee as he walked to his car. While walking out to his car he just looked around at the outside of the Hotel. Seeing a trash can he crumpled up his foam coffee cup and tossed it over into the trash can. Having unfortunately missed he just drooped his arms to his side and sighed. Though he still continued to watch his surroundings as he approached his car door. Once at his car he took out his car keys and began searching around. Just a quick scan of the area as if he's just looking at... something. Which honestly he kinda was.

The way he seemed to just subconsciously scan the area would have looked a bit odd. Almost as if he seemed slightly paranoid, but in reality he wasn't He was just keeping an eye on the things that lurk in the shadows. Just looking around the area he could see the very occasional small shadow dash out of sight. Either behind something, or just out of his vision. Sometimes he'd see something more... nasty. Something much bigger. Usually either taller, or just some sort of shadowy blob that just like all the others he's seen before. Only ducks behind cover. This time however, at this hotel in this city. Things were different. Unusually 'quiet' as he'd call them. As he didn't see anything. Granted there are a few people outside, but at this hour 'they' will be still rather active. Yet so far. Nothing. No real activity. Which from experience usually means something has claimed this area as part of it's territory.

This has been his world for what felt like years now. Ever since his brother had disappeared, and he began his traveling of the country. During his travel's he's seen the things that use shadows as cover. Creatures both... harmless and terrifying. Most of the time the 'cases' he's worked on had been the result of one of the nastier 'shadow people' as he called them.

Either way after a brief scan of the area he took a deep breath and hopped in his car. Which he then promptly started to begin driving to his current client's home to investigate.

Comment

Working...
                              X