X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OOC] A Hell of a Nightmare

When one decides to look at something, it means that he takes an interest. If one is to see something by accident, he will experience something new. If he is disinterested, he will look away. If he looks at what he is disinterested in, he is wise and wished to give it a chance. If he doesn't wish to see it, but is forced to...that is what is a nightmare really is; something you wish not to see, but can't close your eyes to it.

- Giovanni Contreras (me)

Welcome to the world of nightmare. Imagine that which you fear most. All of them. Now imagine that there is a man somewhere out there, making your nightmares... a reality.

This here is an rp where you are just living your life normally. All of a sudden, you are kidnapped by a bunch of agents. You are taken to a place known as The Abandoned Facility. It is a high tech facility, despite it's name. And you are a part of the Nightmare project.

A man by the name of H.M. is controlling the entire project (That would be Moi). He has the ability to read your mind. If you think of anything scary, he will bring it to life and the monsters will roam around the building. Every now and then, he will say, "GOD FORBID YOU THINK OF ANYTHING SCARY. REMEMBER, I CONTROL YOUR MIND. YOUR NIGHTMARE. YOUR HELL." He has a computerized voice, but is too intelligent to be considered an AI. Some say that H.M himself is a nightmare come to life. They say that H.M. is nothing more than the real life version of SCP 079, AI. But the only proof of this is his voice, displayed here.

His voice can be heard from all over the building as an intercom transmission. However, there has even been evidence of other nightmare related beings. Some say that he is every monster. Others say that he is one of a kind.

You are in the 10th floor of a 19 story building. You have two choices: Arm yourself well and go to the 1st floor. There, many monsters await you. If you defeat them all, you escape with your life. Or you can go to the 19th floor, where H.M. lies and challenge whatever H.M. may be. It's your choice.

There are two classes of monsters: Nightmare, which are only meant to scare you to death. Then there are the Hell class monsters: Those who are hostile and blood-thirsty. If a monster turns from a nightmare class to a Hell class, H.M. will signify the change by saying, "THE MONSTER IN FLOOR (INSERT FLOOR NUMBER HERE) IS NOW OUT OF MY CONTROL. HE WILL NOW BESTOW HELL UPON YOU."

Application Information- If you wish to be part of the nightmare project against your will, then you have to make an application. Here is the application requirements.

Name: ((Your username so people can recognize who is playing as who/what.))

IC Name/Name of Character: ((The character you are going as, can be a male or female.))

Abilities: ((Are they a master swordsman? A master fighter? A gunslinger?))

Appearance: ((What do they look like? Be very descriptive. It is recommended that the player posts a picture as well.))

Personality: ((How are they like? Do they behave in a certain way or like doing particular activities? Remember, character development!))

Morality: ((Lawful Good? Chaotic Evil? True Neutral? What kind of person are they?))

Biography: ((What is their history like? How did they come to be of what they are today? Anything that involves their past or what they do for a living.))

Traumas: ((What is it that they fear?))

Rules- You can choose to join in groups or fight alone. In groups you are strong, but limited to your own actions. Alone, you are weaker, but you are unlimited. Fire away.

You are to have 1 character. But you have the choice of controlling more. The absolute maximum is 5. If you exceed that, you are forced to kill one of them or discard the new one.

If you obtain a weapon, make it logical. I wouldn't expect a random gun in the middle of a corridor in a building with no personnel.

If you die, you will be picked up by the body finders. You will be given a choice to reincarnate and continue your nightmare, or die. If you wish to die but still want to be a part of the rp, then simply become a new person. But in all honesty, the monsters are meant to scare you to death. There will be some rogue monsters that will try to kill you.

"I WILL BE WAITING. THIS IS NOT A NIGHTMARE. THIS... IS HELL. IT'S TIME TO PAY YOUR TOLL."

Is this alright, major?
    Last edited by wonderweiss; 06-15-2013, 01:18 PM.

Hmm, I like the idea of a horror based textRP. It forces the player to realize just how powerless they are, and what to do in life or death situations. My advice/suggestions would be to take a look at that thread I posted and pick details that you think could help you out.

Edit: Looks fine to me, but there's no need to come to me for guidance. If something looks wrong, I'll tell you in a PM. I'm about to pass out here.
    Last edited by Major Mario; 06-16-2013, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Name: Giovanni/Wonderweiss/Gio_the_Devious/Shikieiki Yamaxanadu

IC Name/Name of Character: H.M.

Abilities: Mind reader/Monster creator. He has more, but if I say anymore, I'm afraid the spoiler would be too big.

Appearance: [DATA EXPUNGED]. Has a computerized voice similar to that of SCP-079.

Personality: Arrogant. Gives no care to others.

Morality: True Evil

Biography: Unknown. H.M. claims that he has no idea how he was made.

Traumas: His only trauma ignrioungifodaboyuaszeybrfgo.......

"NO SPOILERS."

Well, my first application anyways. By the way, you can also be a worker at the facility.

Comment

Name: Giovanni/Wonderweiss/Gio_the_Devious/Shikieiki Yamaxanadu

IC Name/Name of Character: Otori Inozuka (Yea. that one.)

Abilities: Master street fighter

Appearance:

Personality: Careful and calculating with a hint of arrogance.

Morality: Lawful good

Biography: Was abused as a child. One day, at the age of 10, he ran away from home to live on the streets. He was beaten by street gangs because he "crossed their turf." After many beatings, he taught himself many self-defense maneuvers. After many years of training, he single-handedly beat down any opposing gang. After some time, he was heard of all around his state as a threat. They started bringing in guns. At the same time, he had found a thrown away iron bat to work with. The next gang he faced tried to shoot him, but he was too fast, and he stole one of the weapons and shot everyone unable to move. His primary weapon is the bat. He is handy with all kinds of guns, too. He never kills his opponents. He only disarms and disables the enemy.

Traumas: His parents. He claims that he cannot kill his parent and that he fears that they may kill him.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Yes, this is the same Otori Inozuka from the All the World's a Game rp. But no, he does not have the same memories as he did there. He's going to be my main rp avatar.

Comment

Name: S121

IC Name/Name of Character: Patrick Anthony

Abilities: Good in almost everything, a jack-of-all-trades. He has a decent proficiency with hand-to-hand combat and decent with swords (sticks), due to his childhood. He knows human anatomy and knows where and how hard to hit somebody. He is more proficient with guns and is very creative. Able to create jerry-rigged items and has extensive knowledge in mechanical and scientific concepts.

Appearance: Dark brown hair. Dark brown eyes. 5 feet, 11 inches tall. Medium build.

Personality: Laid back, but in dire situations, very analytic and serious. Despite fear, he is willing to take risks, especially if it's to survive. Due to being in almost constant solitude, he isn't the most socially adept, but gets by anyway. He has a little bit of a temper, but is patient toward others. He is sensitive towards other's emotions and is willing to help them.

Morality: Neutral Good. He is willing to help others and is a good person, but isn't above revenge and payback.

Biography: He had a pretty bad childhood. Alienation and violence were some of the things he grew up around. He's suffered depression and has been in almost constant solitude, but that gave him the ability to be very self reliant and strong willed. He believes that his childhood was a waste and looks to the future. He never got a job, due to the poor job market in his area, so he sat at home until he would get a call from the few places that he applied for. One day, while he was about to go to bed, a group of people kidnapped him. Only time will tell if he was the will to survive.

Traumas: Visceral monsters, heights, spiders, asylums.
          Originally posted by S121
          Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
          sigpic

Comment

Lol right here, bookdragon(Amazing name, by the way). I made that mistake, too.

Comment

I'm waiting for others to join before posting in IC. You would think that more people would be here.
              Every time I see a new post on the Forum, I feel like a little kid during Christmas, all giddy.
              sigpic

Comment

Well, buddy, it's time... to promote.

*Brings in Billy Mays*

"Billy Mays here with the new rp! This is the only horror based rp available now, and if you join, you will not be dissatisfied! Sign up now for the new, "A Hell of a Nightmare" rp now and get a free luxury holding cell when you are captured! Call now!"

Comment

I guess no one lieks billy mays...

Comment

Then again, all of the other RPs are like this. "All the World" seems to be the dominant one.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X