Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the avatar influence how you think of someone?

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring me back some unobtanium!

I'm with what seems to be the common opinion here: A person's avatar is simply their face.
    And I don't assume they actually have that character's personality. Instead I just wait to see what their posts reveal about them.

Comment

<== Hipster right here.

But I originally chose not to use an avatar because it's the best way to achieve true neutral in terms of influence on opinions of me. I want people to know me by who I am, not by what image i choose.

Now I just choose not to use one because I haven't used avatars in 4 years. (i've been active on forums for the entire time)

Comment

Originally posted by Remilia_Scarlet View Post
        <== Hipster right here.

But I originally chose not to use an avatar because it's the best way to achieve true neutral in terms of influence on opinions of me. I want people to know me by who I am, not by what image i choose.

Now I just choose not to use one because I haven't used avatars in 4 years. (i've been active on forums for the entire time)
        Aaah damn it, I wished to draw you an avatar with Remilia after finished a little work for Nastenary.
        Too bad.
        (P.s The draw of my profile picture is old (more o less 3-4 years) so don't take that as an example of what I can do now :P)

Comment

The lack of a avatar's sort of become my "avatar" lol. A lot of people know me as "that guy without an avatar but has a lot of posts" (I had close to 10k posts on one forum and never had an avatar my entire time)

Comment

And a lot of people also know you as a tyrant.

Jk, luv ya.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:

Comment

Personally for me while the avatar doesn't make that much of a difference, I can really see it doing a difference at the same time. If you use a avatar with someone sleeping for example I will definitively see you as a little bit more relaxed, even tough I don't intend to.

When I first joined the forums I thought it was kind of weird that the owner didn't have a avatar, but as time passed by I kind of understood why.

EDIT: Wait a little, Hey Remi that Remi bot, isn't it kind of representing you? If so why did you give it a avatar?
              Born in the light.
              Molded in the dark

Never Forget,
              Keep Fighting.
              –Don't Forget.
              Always, somewhere,
              someone is fighting for you.
              –As long as you remember her,
              you are not alone.

Comment

When you stop and look at a post in detail, the avatar can really characterize a post.
                You also extrapolate somebody and their personality based off their avatar and posting style, simply because nothing else is known.
                In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
                Eh?
                -aalewis, Professional Quote Maker
                I deliver my Truth hot and hard.
                -Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Katrix View Post
                  Personally for me while the avatar doesn't make that much of a difference, I can really see it doing a difference at the same time. If you use a avatar with someone sleeping for example I will definitively see you as a little bit more relaxed, even tough I don't intend to.

When I first joined the forums I thought it was kind of weird that the owner didn't have a avatar, but as time passed by I kind of understood why.

EDIT: Wait a little, Hey Remi that Remi bot, isn't it kind of representing you? If so why did you give it a avatar?
                  It's meant to represent our community, not me :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X